Graphics Card Help...

Sreyas73

Chieftain
Hi everybody,

I got a couple of questions:

I have a lenovo thinkpad t500 and meet all the requirements for civ5 except, i think, in the graphics card area...

My Graphics card is a: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD
(Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

I checked the graphics card rankings in the "Civ5 System Requirements" thread on the civfanatics website...
It says (if I remember correctly) that i am "well below" the minimum requirements for a graphics card;
However, I would like a second opinion...

What do you guys think given my graphics card? Will I be able to play the game at all? Should I bother buying the full version of civ 5?

Thanks
Srey

What do you guys think given my graphics card? Will I be able to play the game at all? Should I bother buying the full version of civ 5?
It might just run on lowest setting, but it also might not run at all. Check the demo.
And yes, that Intel IGP is utterly unsuited for gaming. Bad drivers and extremely slow.

Planning to buy Lenovo ThinkPad T410.
Can anybody confirm that game runs fast with Intel HD Graphics 5700MHD; i5-520M 2.4GHz
5700MHD will affect only visual graphics, not perfomace... right?
Thanks!

I would never recommend an intel "graphics" card for a new game and/or 'graphically intensive' like Civ5, I'll be surprised if their latest cards can run it at all, since they are YEARS behind ATI and NVIDIA in technology. Intel cards are not meant for gaming.

Theoretically, the mentioned graphics card is exactly the minimum sepcs.
Haven't heard here yet any reports about that card. No idea if that's either because there are a) no problems with it b) gamers don't use Intel integrated graphics, but i'd rather guess b).

Well, I tested it on my dad's HP IQ506 all-in-one PC (which is a laptop stuffed inside a 22" monitor) and it has an older 945G chipset and it played fine on std setting and map sizes. I only got to the middle of the game, but had a lot of units and a few battles going on. It was a little slow and low graphics, but it was playable.

So your chipset should handle a basic game. Larger maps may give you a lot of slowness and may be unplayable. But small to mid-sized maps may be just fine.

Like others have said. playing a demo should let you know how well it will work for your needs.

Thanks for answers.
I can't try demo because i'm planning to buy laptop. Thanks for testing MarkJohnson!

Top Bottom