Anyone know a lot about Flag Units and Princesses that can answer some questions?

Grandraem

Alchemist
Hi all,

I was wanting to do something with my mod that I don't think is really possible but I have practically no experience with Flag Units or Princesses apart from, I think, playing one game of the "Middle Ages" scenario when I first got Conquests.

I was trying to give more functionality to dragons in my mod to give more purpose in building them, so I thought up having them "enslave" treasure units so that they could return them to your city for gold. Unfortunately, my tests didn't result in any captured treasure (flag) units. I was assuming that in a regular capture the princess game, the only unit capturable is the base flag unit, which is the princess, and a reverse capture the flag game only allows capturable flag units with preplaced units on a non-random map. Also, I thought that if a dragon "enslaves" a unit and turns it into a flag "treasure" unit, that that unit is now owned by that civ, so it can't actually be returned for gold.

I could be wrong about all this stuff, but if it's at all possible to have dragons create, or in other words, enslave a unit into treasure to return to the city for gold, then I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help me in this respect.

Thanks. :)

Make sure you tick the box "Capture the Princess" when starting the game. If you open the editor and selects the tab "Victory point Limits" in Scenario Properties, you should tick the box "Allow Anyone to capture Any Flag". This allows you to capture flag units that belongs to your rivals (and them to capture yours).

Hope this helps

Thank you, Jorsalfare! I'd missed out on ticking off "Allow anyone to capture any flag." That solved the problem, although it's a shame that you can only cash in the "treasure" if the "Capture the Princess" game mode is selected. I got hopeful when my dragons killed a unit and "enslaved" treasure that they could "rescue", but a little disappointed that they could only take it back to the capital city for gold with the "C the P" mode enabled. Still, this is a great new use for my dragons that I'm very happy with, with just a little tinkering. :)

Do remember that you can have both capture the flag and reverse capture the flag, so if there are Victory Point Locations on the map, treasure would be able to be taken to them as well. :)

Thanks, Virote_Considon. Currently, I'm working out all the ins and outs with a random map, which won't allow Reverse Capture the Flag, but I'll keep that in mind for when I create a map scenario. :)

Top Bottom