games of thrones

Thanks Aleenik! Last I searched for a good online copy of The Known World from The Lands of Fire and Ice was probably 2 months ago, and fruitless, I only found poor photographs. Yes I would much prefer to use the official map. :)

I should be clear though that as much as I would love to make this mod, I simply don't have the time. My modding time is quite limited and already spoken for. That having been said, I always have a map in progress that I work on outside of regular modding, so I will do this map, after my current one. Someone else will need to do the mod though.

That French mod by Havrenoir looks promising, but like the other GoT map out there it is limited to Westeros. Any mod I would do would not only include the major houses, but the 9 Free Cities (in a single-city Gov), the Wildlings, the Dothraki, and of course the Others. I am only on Book 3, so I don't know what else would be added....

I've taken that image you linked to, DL'ed it, cropped out the border and some of the extraneous sea on the left edge, and resized it to 362x246 (attached), which would be the size of it. That may or may not be manageable for the mod. If you lordlings would like something different in size let me know....

Attachments

• World_Of_Ice_And_Fire__362x246.jpg
    World_Of_Ice_And_Fire__362x246.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 183
I limited my mod to Westeros, because there are limitations in Civ3 (8 players maximum in PBEM, 256 buildings and wonders, etc).

I will put the link in few days, time to upload that. But I warn you, this mod is in French...

Hello,

first one, sorry for my english, my english is very very basic....

So, news about my mod : my mod was finish a year ago, and we even start a PBEM with it (but we stop, because 2 players abandonned civilization 3).

1) Main informations about my mod :

- it's only a mod for PBEM, NOT FOR PLAYING IN SOLO. Why ? Because AI can't operate a lot things in this mod (like Hand of the King) and because this mod is based on roleplay

- this mod is COMPLETLY in french

- roleplay and diplomacy is very important : the scenario start when the first book start (so the diplomacy is open)

- the map was made by me

- 8 civilizations for 8 houses (Stark, Lannister, etc)

- 256 buildings, 350 technology (100 shared, and aroung 40 specific for even house), >200 units (specifics for all houses)

- 40 politics regime and specific for even house

2) Concepts of this mod :

- The point of the game : scenario start when the player who played Baratheon is the K"ing of the Seven Kingdoms". The 7 others players are "Lord Paramount".

The Baratheon house has 3 main missions:
- impose peace if paramount lords when they are at war with each other
- avoid secession of a part of the kingdom
- fight the usurpers who declare themselves "King of the Seven Kingdoms"

The other seven houses have also three different destinies:
- remain faithful to the King, so the house Baratheon
- or to secede from the kingdom (eg : Stark can declare themselves "King of the North" or the Iron-Born "King of Salt and Rock")
- or declare himself "King of the Seven Kingdoms," which involves chasing Baratheon outside Kingslandid

In practice, how does it work?
It's all about political system: if the player passes the Stark regime "Lord Paramount North" to "King of the North", there will be benefits, for example, wonders and units it can build.
But, if someone seceded, King of The Seven Kingdon should declare war (so, how you see, roleplay is important)

- Units : There are two main types of units:

- Units "regular", which cost 1 population when built
- Units "mercenaries", which cost no population, which are lower powerful than the regular units

The goal is simply to avoid that small towns do not produce too many units, which is not realistic. This also helps simulate people in Westeros: for example, the North is sparsely populated, will produce fewer units.
It also simulates the same time the mercenaries, who are very active in Westeros.

To balance all this, it was necessary to revise the threshold of urban population: before, sizes 2 and 3 correspond to a population of 6 and 12, but now they are 15 and 30 (and the rest of a city "size 1" to 13 population by-example).

- The Hand of the King :
Hand of the King, is a kind of "Prime Minister", chosen by the King of the Seven Kingdoms. So it is the second most important character of Westeros. Baratheon will have the opportunity to appoint a Hand of the King of the 7 different Lord Paramount. It may also choose a new Main every season (tech tree).

In practice, this involves building a wonder that brings a lot of benefits (including a golden age of 5 rounds). To build it, Baratheon will give the player a resource that will allow him to build him wonder (but Baratheon player can not build this wonder).
The King of the Seven Kingdoms can be a "reliable ally" by allowing him to build this wonder.
However, the player who beat this wonder player must agree to the games and stay loyal to the King of the Seven Kingdoms until the wonder becomes obsolete (which corresponds to a tech tree) : again, roleplay +++

- "System of squire/knight/knight arrant/lord" : a building produces a unit, the squire (this unit works as bushido in the timeline of medieval Japanà. The squire can be improved by knight and a knight arrant, then lord. Improvement can only be done in the capital of each house.

- The Siege of castles :
The war history of Westeros is known for long sieges that lasted several months, even years.
It will now be much more to capture cities, and especially the great fortresses.

T of 15 buildings will increase the defense of the city. Added to this are wonders that will increase "historically" the defense of the city to make it more difficult to take.

By-example Riverrun, can have a maximum of 500% defensive bonus ..... it will be necessary to build many siege towers and starve the population in the besieged for months!

You can download my mod here : http://dl.free.fr/nGXNPl4QY

Few images : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=698471915.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=498800714.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=247544812.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=322495933.png

If you have questions aboud my mod, ask them ;)

And again, sorry for my english...

Looks like a very fun scenario Havrenoir, thanks for uploading it. :goodjob:

I've never ran a foreign language scenario before - other than the text being in French, I wonder if there would be any problems running it with the English version of Civ? I also wonder how bad the AI is at handling some of the settings, finding seven other interested players might be difficult...

Hello,

first one, sorry for my english, my english is very very basic....

So, news about my mod : my mod was finish a year ago, and we even start a PBEM with it (but we stop, because 2 players abandonned civilization 3).

1) Main informations about my mod :

- it's only a mod for PBEM, NOT FOR PLAYING IN SOLO. Why ? Because AI can't operate a lot things in this mod (like Hand of the King) and because this mod is based on roleplay

- this mod is COMPLETLY in french

- roleplay and diplomacy is very important : the scenario start when the first book start (so the diplomacy is open)

- the map was made by me

- 8 civilizations for 8 houses (Stark, Lannister, etc)

- 256 buildings, 350 technology (100 shared, and aroung 40 specific for even house), >200 units (specifics for all houses)

- 40 politics regime and specific for even house

2) Concepts of this mod :

- The point of the game : scenario start when the player who played Baratheon is the K"ing of the Seven Kingdoms". The 7 others players are "Lord Paramount".

The Baratheon house has 3 main missions:
- impose peace if paramount lords when they are at war with each other
- avoid secession of a part of the kingdom
- fight the usurpers who declare themselves "King of the Seven Kingdoms"

The other seven houses have also three different destinies:
- remain faithful to the King, so the house Baratheon
- or to secede from the kingdom (eg : Stark can declare themselves "King of the North" or the Iron-Born "King of Salt and Rock")
- or declare himself "King of the Seven Kingdoms," which involves chasing Baratheon outside Kingslandid

In practice, how does it work?
It's all about political system: if the player passes the Stark regime "Lord Paramount North" to "King of the North", there will be benefits, for example, wonders and units it can build.
But, if someone seceded, King of The Seven Kingdon should declare war (so, how you see, roleplay is important)

- Units : There are two main types of units:

- Units "regular", which cost 1 population when built
- Units "mercenaries", which cost no population, which are lower powerful than the regular units

The goal is simply to avoid that small towns do not produce too many units, which is not realistic. This also helps simulate people in Westeros: for example, the North is sparsely populated, will produce fewer units.
It also simulates the same time the mercenaries, who are very active in Westeros.

To balance all this, it was necessary to revise the threshold of urban population: before, sizes 2 and 3 correspond to a population of 6 and 12, but now they are 15 and 30 (and the rest of a city "size 1" to 13 population by-example).

- The Hand of the King :
Hand of the King, is a kind of "Prime Minister", chosen by the King of the Seven Kingdoms. So it is the second most important character of Westeros. Baratheon will have the opportunity to appoint a Hand of the King of the 7 different Lord Paramount. It may also choose a new Main every season (tech tree).

In practice, this involves building a wonder that brings a lot of benefits (including a golden age of 5 rounds). To build it, Baratheon will give the player a resource that will allow him to build him wonder (but Baratheon player can not build this wonder).
The King of the Seven Kingdoms can be a "reliable ally" by allowing him to build this wonder.
However, the player who beat this wonder player must agree to the games and stay loyal to the King of the Seven Kingdoms until the wonder becomes obsolete (which corresponds to a tech tree) : again, roleplay +++

- "System of squire/knight/knight arrant/lord" : a building produces a unit, the squire (this unit works as bushido in the timeline of medieval Japanà. The squire can be improved by knight and a knight arrant, then lord. Improvement can only be done in the capital of each house.

- The Siege of castles :
The war history of Westeros is known for long sieges that lasted several months, even years.
It will now be much more to capture cities, and especially the great fortresses.

T of 15 buildings will increase the defense of the city. Added to this are wonders that will increase "historically" the defense of the city to make it more difficult to take.

By-example Riverrun, can have a maximum of 500% defensive bonus ..... it will be necessary to build many siege towers and starve the population in the besieged for months!

You can download my mod here : http://dl.free.fr/nGXNPl4QY

Few images : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=698471915.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=498800714.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=247544812.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=322495933.png

If you have questions aboud my mod, ask them ;)

And again, sorry for my english...

Looks very good, and nice that you used a number of my great graphics :D :thumbsup:

I can easily make a map. It wont have resources or anything, you can do that yourself.

Just tell me about how big you want it, or how many civs will be on the map. And an image you want to base the map on.

I dont need map, but thanks.

Top Bottom