We're being cheated

Holdurtongue

Chieftain
When you're playing in a game, and it "freezes", don't be too sure you're frozen....

Sometimes, you will get stuck on a screen that says "waiting for.......", etc. in this screen you can't don anything except click the r2 button, and access your PSN. This means you're being cheated!!!!!!!

for some reason, when they're doing this, they can't send messages(standby perhaps?), so even try to send your opponent messages and you'll see that they go unanswered.

This happened to me today, by a ranked player, and I sat there for an hour before he finally quit. When he did quit, he apparently had alot to say that he couldn't before. Don't let this happen to you anymore!!!!!

happens to me all the time. Dont know if we can for certain attribute this to say a lag switch or whatever.... but it is interesting some ranked people have lost very very few matches.... point is, the game is set up to be luck oriented as well.... theres no fun playing a game if you know you cant lose which is why the game is designed this way..... two equal strength players playing the same civ will start the game with one having some sort of advantage.... if youre a dominator, then maybe youre closer to other civs, maybe growers will find themselves on an island.... i beleive these advantages trump the disadvantages of playing someone largely better than you. Anyhoo, point is, these people should have a win ratio of upwards of two to one... maybe if youre a super freak 3 to 1..... but 50 to 1.... nah, somethings up....

good thing I dont give a rats ass about stats.... its funny how this never happens when im losing though.... but when im beating a highly ranked players.... so stupid.... why even play the game....anyhoo, ill leave that for freud to dissect....

I was beating a guy badly on the xbox the other night and then the game started flashing "waiting for [the loser]". I left my computer on and grabbed a book. It stayed like that for 90 minutes and then, all of sudden, he started playing again! I made a few moves and he quit, probably when he saw I was still there ready to finish the job. Can anyone explain this????

Yes, he put the game on pause and you waited him out. That is a well known cheat... as being stated above.

Yes, he put the game on pause and you waited him out. That is a well known cheat... as being stated above.

What idiot would design an online multiplayer game that lets players pause it indefinitely?????? Am I missing something here? I've seen players pause the game before, but it says "press B to keep playing". Are you talking about a different pause?

reporting has little to no effect. if they get a bunch of bad reviews all in a row, then xbox might take action. but basically by not reporting anything, the player gets a positve review. if they get a lot of complaints filed, xbox sometimes suspends accounts, but this happens very rarely in civ rev, even for the most notorious freezer (just take a look at the top 2 h2h players now and you'll know two players to avoid).

reporting works better for FPSs because they'll have 20 people playing at once, and if one person freezes or cheats, you'll have 19 other guys reporting you. On civ rev, you're playing 1-3 others, so the reports don't really pile up.

the one way to beat a freezer that pauses the game, if he unpauses it, just don't attack anymore. I won't post how to do this, because it's awful, but basically they need you to attack to freeze. If the game ever unpauses, just go for a non-dom win. Most of the freezers suck at the game, and usually they freeze because you are winning, and so you should have no problem finishing out the game peacefully.

I'm pretty sure I got in another game with the same guy that did the "waiting for player" before and he did the same thing. I wish I could remember his tag so I could say who it was. However, I added him to the "avoid" list so hopefully I wont play with him again. I left the game on for about 3 hours before he returned and quit.

the one way to beat a freezer that pauses the game, if he unpauses it, just don't attack anymore. I won't post how to do this, because it's awful, but basically they need you to attack to freeze. If the game ever unpauses, just go for a non-dom win. Most of the freezers suck at the game, and usually they freeze because you are winning, and so you should have no problem finishing out the game peacefully.

Unfortunately, the cheaters seems to have found another way. I've been already in 3 games, where the freezer activated the trick in 4000BC -- yes right on the first turn! There is no way anybody could have attacked, so there must be a different way to do the cheat. Otherwise, the "receiving" end of the cheat looks exactly the same: the wheels are turning in the clock, but the handle (shaded area) does not move, the worker animations on the screen continue and the sound effects too, but the game does not react to any controller action except for R2 bringing up the status display.

Top Bottom