Caveman 2 Cosmos

I've been getting some problems with v35, some animals are messed up where it looks like some of the vertices are in the wrong place and there are solid faces flickering and covering large portions of the screen and lots and lots of CTD, every 4 or 5 turns on average it seems.
Running on the default low quality settings

anyone else having similar issues?

I tried running Civ4BTS in high priority administrator mode but it hasn't made any difference.
any help greatly appreciated.

I tried running Civ4BTS in high priority administrator mode but it hasn't made any difference.
any help greatly appreciated.

Its known bug. There is two solutions for it:
- download newest SVN version
- or try remove entire z_experimental directory from Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Subdue_Animals\

Its known bug. There is two solutions for it:
- download newest SVN version
- or try remove entire z_experimental directory from Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Subdue_Animals\

Thanks Sparth, I will try downloading the latest SVN tonight. :)

I just wanted to drop back in and say thanks again to Sparth and the mod makers, the latest version is fantastic!
So much faster to load and play than earlier versions without sacrificing any depth, amazing work!

This mod is fantastic! I used to play ROM and RI until I saw this mod. Wowsa! Just am stunned by how much thought and effort you all expend every day to bring this to us Civ IV fanatics... Thank you for the finest gaming experience of my life.

If you click one of the BUG options, the Religion screen will only show discovered religions. As it's a modern 'religion', that will keep it out of your hair for most of the game.

For Trashuman Techs do you guys want me to include 1-3 links in the bottom of the pedias so you have a bibliographic /works cited link to learn more?

how do you remove a religion? i really want to get rid of "Scientology" i hate those murdering crazys with a passion. there not even a religion there are only 25,000 and falling rapidly. they are a cult created for the sole purpose of making money and brainwashing children.

Making money is exactly what that religion does in C2C.

In theory you can remove it by editing the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XML in Assets/Modules/Custom_Religions and change the 1 to 0 for Scientology. Report if you get XML errors as I have not tested it.

Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Scientology</Directory>
					<bLoad>[B][COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR][/B]</bLoad>
				</Module>

Sorry, you can't remove Scientology at the moment. There are some events and combat classes that need some work.

I have started working on making the custom religions fully modular. However I have run up against the events some of which apply or test on the building eg cathedral of all the religions. So I may have to change each to 21 events based on the state religion or something. :(

You could always try Vokarya's idea and restrict certain events to specific religions, such as the Blessed Sea only to traditionally maritime religions (Asatru, Hellenism etc.)

Hi, I don't really know much about Civ 4 modding but I managed to get it installed and was running it in administrator but when I got it to load the mod, it didn't actually do anything. It had the name of the mod in the corner of the screen and that was the only difference from vanilla.

I assume its me just not doing it correctly but help would be nice :/

Yes, the patch is in. Pretty sure I did it manually but that was a couple of years ago so I don't quite remember

Check the Caveman2Cosmos folder. It should contain an Assets folder and much more. Sometimes when people install it they get a second Caveman2Cosmos folder instead. If you do have the second Caveman2Cosmos folder move it up one level.

After few tests at last copy GP shining halo to Great Hunter default model. Check this image http://imgur.com/F3qG9ma

Only effect from Great Scientist working properly and only on default Great Hunter model :(
We can remove EDU Great Hunters models and use only default ones (like with great people units). What do you think guys?

Top Bottom