Delta_Strife's Ship Units

Tom, my suggestion on the run animation is to have the smoke already at full steam, rather than building up to it. Looks more seamless in game than constantly building up smoke from nothing.

I agree. The current version could be a really good fidget/victory, though. :)

It's easily possible to get a 'triple-ship' out of Delta's Gloire class cruiser. Looks like Gloire was modified from the 1902 French Gueydon class cruiser; only minor differences, which is pretty easy for me to alter. And succeeded by Leon Gambetta class, which is equally similar.

Wyrmshadow said:
Tom, my suggestion on the run animation is to have the smoke already at full steam, rather than building up to it. Looks more seamless in game than constantly building up smoke from nothing.

I remember you told me the same advice some time ago... but I had a problem getting the particles to flow smoothly during animation... I tried again though and got it to work well enough to flow together without notice. Thanks for reminding me again!

How ya been by the way? Good, I hope!

It's easily possible to get a 'triple-ship' out of Delta's Gloire class cruiser. Looks like Gloire was modified from the 1902 French Gueydon class cruiser; only minor differences, which is pretty easy for me to alter. And succeeded by Leon Gambetta class, which is equally similar.

I still have the blender file for Gloire and I do plan to do other french armoured cruisers (Plus their plans are on the Marine National website) so I do not believe it would take me long to do that.

I still have the blender file for Gloire and I do plan to do other french armoured cruisers (Plus their plans are on the Marine National website) so I do not believe it would take me long to do that.

If you wish to do them and animate them, no prob. I was thinking that since Gloire is pretty much near done; it would be alot easier for me to perhaps make the extremely minor changes to your existing model (and the changes are pretty minor; Gueydon had guns in a bit different layout); because reimporting an object requires much more time setting everything back up, which wouldn't make much sense time-wise. Either way, let me know.

I'll send you Gloire files when its done later tonight.

Gloire Has two tubes in very back mounted above the rudder inside the hull. There are two doors which are supposed to open in order to fire them. However, I never put those doors in. The link I posted below is all plans the Marine Nationale has scanned and posted. So they should have everything you need plan wise. If you need actually pictures and not plans let me know.

French Naval Plans

The news is mixed on my end. Working on the next model but I have been super busy so all I have had to time to do is the research, top deck and started shaping the hull. I would say 15% done lol! SO I think a release date is realistically next week on my next one.

working on getting that spreadsheet :) seems i have it on my old pc and i didn't port it over. maybe somebody here has it? i can recover it but it will take a little bit.

:confused: This one?

Attachments

• AoI sea & air units.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 61
Wow Tom that looks awesome!!!

Thanks El Justo and Ozymandias. I had a look at the list and I can do most the BB's, BC's on the list and some PC's, Ca's, Cl's and DD's. So that should help out AOI and help me prioritize at the moment. If there is any dream ships that are not on the list that you would like done let me know and I will see if I can do them.

In addition there is a ton more for this era that I want to do that are not on that last. That includes everything from BB's down to DD's.

Gloire is done; I'm re-rendering one of the attacks to fix a small defect; then I'll send to Delta for upload (tomorrow). Took a bit longer since I re-made my ship setup file. The small flicster glitch seen has been eliminated also.

Wow Tom that looks awesome!!!

What DS said!

:thumbsup: ,

Oz

Great work, Tom! I hope you'll also have time for your other ship projects soon. :)

@Delta Strife: As to the list, I'm happy to hear you're going along Santa's EJ's wishlist. I can use all of them somewhere in my mod, too. As far as epic game modders like me are concerned, I'd love to see at least one typical pre-dread of every country first, then spreading out. But putting my feelings aside, I think it's best to do whatever YOU feel like in that moment.

@Delta Strife: As to the list, I'm happy to hear you're going along Santa's EJ's wishlist. I can use all of them somewhere in my mod, too. As far as epic game modders like me are concerned, I'd love to see at least one typical pre-dread of every country first, then spreading out. But putting my feelings aside, I think it's best to do whatever YOU feel like in that moment.

... Oddly, I often find myself echoing Ares' sentiments. ;)

Best,

Oz

Top Bottom