Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Normandy

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Ashanti

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
I was mistaken about the meaning of "Gallic". I'd assumed that it was the same as the Gaels, but seems that I forgot to do my research.
Gaelic civ would be sweet though. Bonus to religious spread and a Gallóglaigh UU. Plenty of medieval leaders to choose from like Máel Sechnaill. Probably wouldn't work with the current Celts in the game of course but it'd be nice to have Celtic leaders who aren't based on Roman interactions (hence always Brythonic or Gallic). You could avoid some city overlap by using sites like Tara and Scone.

Gaelic civ would be sweet though. Bonus to religious spread and a Gallóglaigh UU. Plenty of medieval leaders to choose from like Máel Sechnaill. Probably wouldn't work with the current Celts in the game of course but it'd be nice to have Celtic leaders who aren't based on Roman interactions (hence always Brythonic or Gallic). You could avoid some city overlap by using sites like Tara and Scone.

I even heard a suggestion for Robert the Bruce or Brian Boru as leader. Could be doable, and definitely a dark horse.

Phoenicia as a naval/exploration/trade power, though they overal with Carthage quite a bit. Still, there were many Phoenician city-states with Tyre as probably the most prominent and fitting for a capital. Kinda like Greece, but with different focus.

I have two dark horses both of whom I'd love to see included in an expansion and have never been in civ:

Mexico and Muisca.

They would balance the Americas nicely, 3 post colonials and 6 natives.

I voted for a Nepal or Tibet civ.
I'd love a Gallic civ but it's not ideal with how the Celts are now, Civilization 6 perhaps....?

The Saxons would be quite dark horses. The bonus is that huscarls are already in with leader artwork (even if not the actual leaderscreen) and they can just use the Stave Church under another name.

The Saxons would be quite dark horses. The bonus is that huscarls are already in with leader artwork (even if not the actual leaderscreen) and they can just use the Stave Church under another name.

I would like the Saxons, but what would their capital be? Also, Harold II wouldn't be the ideal leader choice, in my opinion, and I'd suggest Alfred instead, if you want to go more with Anglo-Saxons rather than Saxony. It depends on which you're going for as to how the civ will turn out.

The Saxons can just use English cities with Saxon names. Wincestre/Eoferwic - Winchester/York. And depending on whether the UA was war/cultural, religious or defensive would depend on whether the leader was Aethelstan, Edward or Alfred

I can't see Argentina on the list. Not good.

In general, list is made from a lot of serious candidates. Other; Kingdom of Jerusalem and Cossack Hetmanate.

Jamaica, Cuba or Haiti would all be interesting; Caribbean's been more or less overlooked so far.

Madagascar, Mexican Empire, Kongo, Sumer, Hittites, Khmer.

Top Bottom