Why no regular buildings for Art?

OK, I'm only part way through my first game, so maybe I'm missing something....but why is it that there are regular buildings for housing Writing (Amphitheater) & Music (Opera House), but nothing for Art? Sure we have some World & National Wonders-but the same can be said for Writing & Music.

Another more minor beef is this-Notre Dame should really have a slot for Art, because I've been in Notre Dame, & there are numerous artworks adorning its walls....just a thought!

Aussie.

P.S: Don't get me wrong, though, this minor gripe aside I am absolutely *loving* the game....in spite of an apparent lack of City States in my neighbourhood, & some very....aloof neighbours (had to *pay* Catherine to get her to open her borders to me :mischief: ). Its so great to have so many tough decisions, even in the early game!

... Museums? :confused:

Oh, I thought those were only for artifacts. I did say I'm only part-way through my first game. I'd prefer to actually have a *Gallery* building, though, & leave museums for artifacts.

Aussie.

I'm actually thinking of making a mod that adds gwoa/m/w and more buildings/wonders that hold them/get tourism started a little bit earlier in the game.
edit: Anyone know the size pixel wise of the great works of art? I could easily add some to the XML data base its just getting the pics to the right size is important.

I'm actually thinking of making a mod that adds gwoa/m/w and more buildings/wonders that hold them/get tourism started a little bit earlier in the game.

And maybe a beach resort building! (though that may be OP)

If we ever get to mod in sounds, I'll do a whole slew of writing, I think. I may not have studio-grade recording equipment, but I read for performance quite nicely.

Being a stickler for not being too blatant in copyright abuse, music is harder. Could find original works that the creator is happy to allow, of course. Similarly, you could probably add deviantart users as artists, I suppose.

I have to agree though with the OP, Yes, we got Museums and Cathedrals but they are WAY too situational, and Artist's ability isn't that great to use.

Museums come in early Industrial Era, while Artist's guild comes as early as the Early Medieval.. that's too much of a gap even if you beeline Museums.

Cathedrals are off chance that you get them and use them wisely.

I do think there needs to be a Amphi-theater/Opera House like building that helps with storing your Paintings, Palace is the only building, but it is literally, the only building in your empire.

If we ever get to mod in sounds, I'll do a whole slew of writing, I think. I may not have studio-grade recording equipment, but I read for performance quite nicely.

Being a stickler for not being too blatant in copyright abuse, music is harder. Could find original works that the creator is happy to allow, of course. Similarly, you could probably add deviantart users as artists, I suppose.

I was looking at the files and all the music and gwol are mp3 files i'm sure if you wrote out the xml file correctly it would work.

I was looking at the files and all the music and gwol are mp3 files i'm sure if you wrote out the xml file correctly it would work.
Nope. There's no way to cleanly add sounds in mods.

There may be an unclean way to do it (as in, only one mod at a time could do it), but I wouldn't settle for that - and I have no idea if there is.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised, after building the Artists' Guild, that I actually had nowhere to house all of my great works of art. Now that I'm in the Industrial age I'm overflowing of course, between the Louvre and Uffuzi and all my Museums I don't know if I'll be able to fill it all, but just a small building earlier in the game to house some of that early art would be nice.

I have to agree though with the OP, Yes, we got Museums and Cathedrals but they are WAY too situational, and Artist's ability isn't that great to use.

Museums come in early Industrial Era, while Artist's guild comes as early as the Early Medieval.. that's too much of a gap even if you beeline Museums.

Cathedrals are off chance that you get them and use them wisely.

I do think there needs to be a Amphi-theater/Opera House like building that helps with storing your Paintings, Palace is the only building, but it is literally, the only building in your empire.

Yep, great to see someone agrees with me. The gap, coupled with the dual-use role of the museum, is my biggest concern.

Aussie.

I had the problem where I had two Indiana Jonseses collecting (stealing) artifacts. The first got
housed, but the next had no space :eek:! I would have had to place an improvement in my neighbor's territory :sad:, but I quickly found I had enough faith to build a cathedral to house the stolen artifact :D. Phew!

Moral: make sure you have a place to store the artifacts before stealing them!

Yep, defiantly want to make a "Gallery" mod so you can house gwoa earlier in the game. Might want to make a few wonders too, I think the devs could have included other museums as wonders such as the Smithsonian. Might rename it though to still thinking of ideas.

Top Bottom