Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

That could be argued about. They notified us before we got the save, so we were notified prior to opening the save.

I do not want to get into another legal mumbo-jumbo. robboo's reasoning here makes complete sense to me:
As far as the galley exploration....ask them now if its OK. Then we can go from there. If they say fine...then there isnt a issue. If they say NO then we can figure out how to proceed. BUT we have no "legal" argument since we have a true military unit in their territory.
Let's not be asses.

Let’s give them a chance to respond to our last message suggesting free access on both sides.

Session Start (classical_hero7@hotmail.com:Group Conversation 27446): Wed Feb 07 07:02:28 2007
[07:02] Fingolfin: [ Zone Labs Security alert: Session not encrypted because redoxnicolaprose@hotmail.fr is not protected by IM Security ]
[07:02] Fingolfin: good evening :p
[07:03] abukhir: hi !
[07:03] *** f.humblot@free.fr (f.humblot@free.fr (E-mail Address Not Verified)) has joined the conversation.
[07:03] *** luc201@tiscali.fr (Lucio) has joined the conversation.
[07:03] classical_hero: Yeah I know that it is evening where you guys are.
[07:03] abukhir: it's the night
[07:04] Lucio: Hello Mate
[07:04] classical_hero: Well I am in Perth so it is 7 am Wednes day.
[07:04] abukhir: good morning !
[07:05] abukhir: we are happy to meet you
[07:05] abukhir: that was difficult
[07:06] classical_hero: The problem with the first attempt was I was getting a new computer when time was proposed, so now I can play civ4. :D
[07:07] abukhir: wonderfull !
[07:07] abukhir: single or multi ?
[07:08] classical_hero: Both. Before Civ4 would would not load.
[07:08] abukhir: hard, it ask great configuration
[07:08] abukhir: I also changed 2 month ago
[07:09] *** sirhill1969@hotmail.fr (Sir) has joined the conversation.
[07:09] abukhir: last member to join, normally
[07:09] Fingolfin: hi sirhill ;)
[07:10] classical_hero: BRB I need to get some breakfast so just talk to yorselves for a few moments
[07:10] abukhir: ok
[07:12] *** Lucio has left the conversation.
[07:14] classical_hero: I'm back
[07:14] Sir: hello mr back !
[07:14] abukhir: good
[07:14] abukhir: feel better ?
[07:14] abukhir: ready to begin ?
[07:15] Sir: 3...
[07:15] Sir: 2...
[07:15] classical_hero: Yes I am.
[07:15] Sir: 1...
[07:15] Sir: go !
[07:16] Sir: hi what time is it in Australia ?
[07:16] abukhir: 7 o clock
[07:16] abukhir: so, we can begin with your relations with COG ?
[07:17] classical_hero: Sure
[07:17] abukhir: we met then few turns ago
[07:17] classical_hero: Excellent
[07:17] abukhir: and we don't know what to say exactly
[07:17] *** luc201@tiscali.fr (Lucio) has joined the conversation.
[07:18] abukhir: did you avanced in the negociations ,
[07:18] abukhir: *?
[07:19] classical_hero: Well I am not too sure exactly where they are because t has been a while since we have done diplo with them so we need to get back on that track.
[07:19] classical_hero: Things did get a bit slack from our team wrt to diplo, but unfortunately Real life does tend to do that
[07:20] abukhir: would it be a good ally or not ?
[07:21] classical_hero: Well only three teams can go through so you could say that all teams are potential allies and enemies at the same time, but I would say that they would be a good potential ally.
[07:23] classical_hero: I would caution against making such a decision right now because once a team finds out that three nations have made an allaince, then the rest of the nations would then no they are threatened and thus try and remove such n allaince
[07:23] abukhir: it's a good reflexion
[07:23] classical_hero: I tend to write a lot when I chat
[07:24] abukhir: we must think about that
[07:24] Fingolfin: not a problem
[07:24] abukhir: because in the same way, to be in an alliance of 4 is quiet difficult
[07:24] Fingolfin: things are clearer that way ;)
[07:24] abukhir: because one will be evicted
[07:25] classical_hero: Well the game is still young and thus things do have to be played quitely at this stage
[07:25] classical_hero: I'm sure every team is trying to do their best to make sure that they go through to the finals
[07:25] abukhir: it's all the difficulty, to be on the good rythm
[07:26] classical_hero: Team CFC was just wondering exactly why you decided not to go on with researching Alphabet.
[07:27] abukhir: we had a long silence with you
[07:27] abukhir: problems of mail were very hard to manage
[07:27] abukhir: because we had your answers 2 months after
[07:27] abukhir: we completely understand now
[07:28] abukhir: but at this time we didn't know your position
[07:28] classical_hero: Unfortunately that was the case with most of the teams because our previous Foriegn minister was busy with University and at that Stage I was still busy with work, so unfortunately there wasn't anyone around to diplo, which is not good.
[07:28] abukhir: it's clear
[07:28] abukhir: things are now clearer
[07:28] classical_hero: Well if you guys were unsure, you could have made an enquiry, just to clear the air
[07:29] abukhir: we made it...
[07:29] abukhir: For us, we sent 3 messages without answer
[07:29] abukhir: last one was for an MSN meeting, because we waited for an answer
[07:30] classical_hero: I just need to ask a question about yo email address, because we d get lots of emails bounce back.
[07:30] classical_hero: All the emails sent get sent to every member on you team list, don't they?
[07:31] abukhir: yer
[07:31] abukhir: yes
[07:31] abukhir: so if you have returns, it doesn't mean that nobody receive it
[07:31] classical_hero: So that means that when ever there is an erro message it means that an indivual is having problem not the whole team, right?
[07:32] abukhir: exactly
[07:32] abukhir: we received all your messages
[07:32] classical_hero: I am glad about that, because it would confuse us greatly and we would thing that noone got the message, so that is a relief.
[07:32] abukhir: you just have to verify not to have a return from the major adress
[07:32] abukhir: but it works well
[07:34] classical_hero: I am wondering what is BAT researching now.
[07:35] abukhir: we are researching for iron working
[07:35] abukhir: not far from the end, now
[07:35] abukhir: but we clearly lost a long time
[07:36] abukhir: and you, what are you researching ?
[07:36] classical_hero: Animal Husbandry
[07:36] abukhir: well, we have now to find a solution
[07:37] classical_hero: We need someone to get Alphabet so that we can start Tech trading.
[07:37] classical_hero: What teams have you met so far?
[07:38] abukhir: we met GWT, GCA, COG and last EVG
[07:38] abukhir: but we didn't see their unit
[07:38] abukhir: and you ?
[07:39] classical_hero: We are missing EVG and CBR
[07:39] abukhir: for EVG, we even don't know where they are
[07:39] abukhir: we surely met a scout
[07:39] abukhir: CBR seems far from us
[07:40] abukhir: GWT is in the other side of us
[07:40] abukhir: and GCA on the north
[07:42] abukhir: we should find a solution for technologies
[07:42] abukhir: what do you know ?
[07:44] abukhir: we would like to find a good solution for tech trading
[07:45] classical_hero: From our POV, GCA is also to the North, You guys are to the West, COG is to the east and the direction of the other is uncrtain sinc e we do not exactly where they are
[07:45] classical_hero: Well first someone is in need of researching Alphabet, so will you guys be able to work on that?
[07:46] abukhir: it depends if you have writing or not
[07:46] classical_hero: We just got it the last turn
[07:46] abukhir: how much time does it need for you to reach alphabet ?
[07:50] abukhir: I have to go to bed, but Fingolfin will speak for us
[07:50] classical_hero: It will take us 22 turns to research frm the start, but add on the research for our currect tech, so that would make it 29 turns
[07:50] classical_hero: CYA.
[07:50] abukhir: cya
[07:50] abukhir: it was nice to meet you
[07:50] classical_hero: Smae here
[07:50] classical_hero: Same
[07:51] *** abukhir has left the conversation.
[07:52] Fingolfin: on our side, we don't have writing for the moment
[07:53] f.humblot@free.fr (E-mail Address Not Verified): salut
[07:53] classical_hero: So that would mean that you will need to get Writing and Alphabet, so how long will that take for you?
[07:53] classical_hero: Bonjour
[07:53] *** Sir has left the conversation.
[07:54] Fingolfin: 32 turns+our current tech (iron working)
[07:54] f.humblot@free.fr (E-mail Address Not Verified): i make a mistake and write in the bad chat
[07:55] classical_hero: So it would be much easier for us to research Alphabet then
[07:55] Fingolfin: lol dezabillemoa :p
[07:55] Fingolfin: yes we think so
[07:55] classical_hero: I assume that you guys have you own chat that is without me.
[07:55] classical_hero: Nothing wrong with that.
[07:56] Fingolfin: good
[07:56] Fingolfin: it's far easier to let our flooders do so
[07:56] Fingolfin: :p
[07:57] classical_hero: And have one unified force talking to me.
[07:57] Fingolfin: and some of us need translations in french to understans ;)
[07:57] Fingolfin: yes
[07:57] classical_hero: Qui.
[07:58] classical_hero: I did French when I was at school, but unfortunately most of it is forgotten now
[07:58] Lucio: I dont speak english fluently so i prefer another chat to miss bullsheets
[07:58] Fingolfin: glad to see it doesn't worry you
[07:58] classical_hero: So true
[07:58] classical_hero: C'est la vie!
[07:59] Fingolfin: oui, c'est Civ aussi !
[08:00] Fingolfin: so do you agree on the principle to go on the path to alphabet ?
[08:00] classical_hero: I knew I spelt Yes wrong in French. I forgot if it was with a 'q' or an 'o'
[08:00] Fingolfin: lol
[08:01] Fingolfin: on the other hand, we will resarch techs you don't know
[08:02] classical_hero: I will talk to my team mate about this, but I would think that they would more than likely agree, but to make it an offical agreement I will need to talk this to my team.
[08:02] Fingolfin: we understand
[08:02] classical_hero: Of course we need to com to an agreement before the fime you have researched IW, so when will you have it finished?
[08:03] Fingolfin: we'll get it in 5 turns
[08:03] Fingolfin: have you researched iron working ?
[08:03] classical_hero: So that means we have time to talk this through with CFC.
[08:04] classical_hero: Yes we have.
[08:04] Fingolfin: k
[08:04] classical_hero: So if we have an agreement, what techs will you research instead?
[08:07] Fingolfin: what would interest you ?
[08:07] Fingolfin: we can go for metal casting or monarchy for exemple
[08:10] classical_hero: Again it will depend upon what my team wants, so I will need to get back to them since I am not too sure what they want.
[08:10] Fingolfin: but perhaps you need some "basic" techs like pottery or sailing
[08:10] classical_hero: So far we have upto Writing, Iron Working and Sailing.
[08:11] classical_hero: So we will not need those techs and the ones before it.
[08:11] Fingolfin: ok
[08:11] Fingolfin: we are quite advanced on the "religious" path on our side
[08:12] classical_hero: We can see that, since you have Monotheism
[08:12] Fingolfin: yes
[08:12] Fingolfin: masonry and priesthood too
[08:15] Fingolfin: monarchy could be learnt before you get alphabet for exemple
[08:15] classical_hero: You would have founded most of the religions, wouldn't you?
[08:17] Fingolfin: we both began with mysticism with CBR
[08:19] Fingolfin: so it would have been sad to not found religions with this kind of asset
[08:21] classical_hero: Exactly.
[08:23] classical_hero: I will now go back to my team and get a discussion going on the things that have been brought up by this chat.
[08:25] Fingolfin: ok then, we hope that this meeting will strengthen our friendship
[08:26] classical_hero: CYA. ANd I hope that France does well Against Argentina to morrow.

The basics of this chat is the fact that they want us to research Alphabet and they will research other techs. Right now they are up six techs from us being the Religious techs and Masonry and we are up Writing and perhaps Pottery.

Well we have better things to be researching right now. Maybe we should get incontact with GCA and see where they are in alphabet and stop worrying about tiny things.

Ta-da
While we disagree on the assessment of the scout as a military unit, we define civilian units as those that have NO attack capacity whatsoever, we can agree to the point that a warrior on your side also constitutes a scouting unit only.

We do however need to reserve the right to deny access to larger military formations. This will be to ensure the safety of both our Empires citizens and to deny involvement in any kind of aggression towards a third party.
I am sure you can understand these sentiments.
You warrior will not need any further permission to re-enter and pass our territory. Any larger formation of units will though.
In this light, we gladly accept your welcome.
Best regards

GCA

Team CFC schrieb:

I'm satisfied with that. How about we send back a nice reply and maybe some congrats on circumnavigation.

Just for starters, feel free to make any changes or junk it all together:

Dear GCA,

Thank you for understanding our concerns, we can also see the merits of your point and so readily agree to your revisions. Good relations are founded on understandings such as this.

We are also happy to congratulate you on circling the globe. Our own thinkers have long debated the shape of the world; primarily square or round. This recent discovery of yours has lead to the growing popularity of the compromise, cylindrical earth school of thought.

Your friends,
Team CFC

to keep communication going, how about we also ask them if they are any close to researching alphabet so we will be able to establish some tech trading links.

Well we have better things to be researching right now. Maybe we should get incontact with GCA and see where they are in alphabet and stop worrying about tiny things.
What exactly are we thinking of goin to research?

Did we ever make a response to GCA's re-negotiation of the border treaty?

I have sent a message to COG for a chat with them.

Wow, it has been awhile since both teams have talked to each other so I am proposing that we get together and have a chat. So I am proposing that we get together and discuss things. I am thinking of sometime this week, what time is good for you?

Regards classical_hero. CFC Foreign Minister

PS my msn is classical_hero7@hotmail.com so that you can be able to contact me.

I have sent it.

I am wondering, would we be able to research Alphabet if BAT researches Metal casting as part of this agreement to get Alphabet?

No i disagree with this, our primary reason for researching metal casting is to be able to build the colossus, if we allow someone else to research it first it becomes a flat out production race for it, which allthough right now we may win i prefer not to take the risk.

something along the lines of 'we have prior commitments on another research path, however perhaps if you tell us your research path we can still accomodate each other when one of us does happen to research alphabet'

Top Bottom