Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

:confused:

Fishing boats are totaly too slow.

Check my thumbnail.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 132
After being hit by the "curse the land" and building my 5 "appease divinities", palace and other building provided mana does not return (don't know about other building provided resources, playing as scion) All other resources are working fine. (Reload does not seem to help)

Also the mod really likes to crash if I try to load a save after playing a few turns. Then again loading seems to be extremely fast compared to FfH2 so thats really just a nuisance (This happens with all patches I've used so far)

Edit: The resources popped back quite a few turns later (I noticed them being accessible again when I got into another war with the builder of the "curse the land", but I'm not certain if they popped back before that)

Messages at the top of the screen are sticking (won't clear)

I got this Bug a couple of times after reloading while ingame, the messages stayed even in the Main menu. Since that I did only reload after the messages cleared but after that I stopped getting the new technology screens and the GP screens.
Additionally when I was reloading after I quit the game completely the screens reappeared (played as Scion, killed Alcinus), but I got a CtD at the end of the Turn.:sad:

-EDIT-

Aditionally, could you please post exactly what Version of FFH2 is needed (ok, 0.40 but what patch?). There could be compatibility issues.

-EDIT2-

Found it. I think i'm going to reinstall the unpatched FFH2 0.40, and gve you feedback.

noticed a few more bugs. most are just graphical errors, nothing really serious. I'm including a few screen shots for some of them
1. noticed the AI trying to build a castle on a tile with a castle already on it. with 28 turns to go to build .... what? see the first pic.
Spoiler :

2. Deirdra declared war on my but there was no txt. see 2nd pic.
Spoiler :

3. i was able to build the first alter of lunitor (or whatever its called) with an early event great prophet. however the alter victory condition was not active for the game i was playing. i don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
4. there is no combat action for the reaching creeper (i have quick defensive combat turned off). combat still happens and a message will still appear on the overhead telling the combat results but no zoom to location and no activity on the tile. the combat simply resolved itself instantly.
5. ghostwalkers fast move over tiles with haunted lands improvement (if you could call that an improvement) even when the option to fast move is turned off. after movement they will not respond to commands until I select a different unit and reselect them after i command that unit.
6. the prompt to change civics to foreign trade after you complete research just shows an odd TXT reference. (a bit like the bug with tracking earlier) sorry i didn't get a screen shot of this.
7. i collected a few screen shots of the Korinna shackled problem but i see that the bug has already been identified ... hear are my screenies anyway for any one who is interested
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Amazing mod guys. Even with the bugs I'm having a blast!! keep up the fantastic work :goodjob:

Reported Bugs needing verification/repeatable saves
4. Dowsing doesn't work in Multiplayer games?

I built this twice last night in a MP game. The first time around, it didn't work (as in nothing happened.) The second time around, I enabled the resource tag thing the turn before completing it (ctrl+R) and it worked then after completion.

Another one

Was there anything special about this action? Strange unit or anything? I can't repeat it so far. (Foxford move Python error)

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my post.

The first thing is the GP, Hero, etc. popups. These are quite enjoyable, fun to read, etc. (at least the first time you see them ;)), but they do come during the movements of units and you cannot do anything about it. As FW said, would it be possible to either have them come, then allow you to quickly exit so you can see the movement of units OR just have them come AFTER the movement of units.

The second thing was the unit model on the lower left of the screen. This has been a problem in FFH as well as a few of the models, like Chariots, Griffons, etc. are just too large and obscure health, etc. You have to twist and turn them to see anything. This is painful if you have a stack of damaged Chariots for example. I was wondering if the model could be reduced in size to the same size as all the other models.

Yes, it is a bug on units fleeing from a city under attack. I was at war with Jonas Endain and the Clan Wolf Riders were fleeing out of the city after being attacked while I took it.

Unfortunately I haven't figured out a way to set up a delayed list of pop-ups to give the player, so they have to happen the moment the unit is created, or never.

And the unit models in Fall Further shouldn't obstruct health displays. That was never an issue in FF because I also hated that overlap and when I designed the interface I made sure it didn't happen :) Also, due to how the Slave Buttons work for casters, you can't move/rotate the model in Fall Further, so if they DID obscure text it would be a HUGE issue.

Was there anything special about this action? Strange unit or anything? I can't repeat it so far. (Foxford move Python error)

No, it just randomly happened one turn. I might still have an autosave from near it, I'll see if I can repeat it.

4. there is no combat action for the reaching creeper (i have quick defensive combat turned off).

Quick-combat is turned on specifically for Creepers. Hmm... probably time to turn that off. It was put in for a very early version - lots of Creepers that no one really cared about. :)

5. ghostwalkers fast move over tiles with haunted lands... after movement they will not respond to commands...

I'm not seeing that, I'm afraid. Do you see them change in appearance when entering a haunted lands tile?

6. the prompt to change civics to foreign trade after you complete research just shows an odd TXT reference.

Found it - thanks.

...back again ...
I reinstalled FFh2 0.40 (unpatched)+MediaPack, FF 0.50B and the 12 Civ DLL
My Civ4-Version is Civ 4 Complete 3.17(german).
In the first game I played as Scions (Small, Settler, Continents), and sent Velites to explore Bradeline's Well, then reloaded while still in the game. I got 16 Python Exceptions, so I merged the First 15 (Order of Occurence) in a single Jpeg. I Hope it will be any help.

First 15

Number 16

-EDIT-

After Exiting Civ 4, restarting and reloading I got the following Error.

... and a CtD at the End of Turn.

Might be a good idea to sticky this thread and un-sticky the bug thread for version 0.43, to avoid confusion.

I requested the mods to do a sticky swap for me, but I have to wait for them to actually do so unfortunately.

EDIT: Rince, I can't get the compilation image to load so far, but the other two are hopefully useful eventually (first is a copy of an error someone else had which we haven't found a cause of yet, and second might be a translation issue, what language do you play in?)

EDIT: Rince, I can't get the compilation image to load so far, but the other two are hopefully useful eventually (first is a copy of an error someone else had which we haven't found a cause of yet, and second might be a translation issue, what language do you play in?)

At the Moment I play in German. There was an Option in one of the INIs to change the language to English, I might try that. As for the compilation image ...

... Better?

-EDIT-
Changed Language to English, loaded old savegame: Same Problem (Error&CtD on EndTurn).

Started a new Game (started on a 1x1 Island :wallbash:). As I reloaded the initial savegame I got the same errors as above.

Oh I hate when it does that. All of those messages were supposed to appear in a single pop-up, but instead it spams you with a bunch of useless crap. As such, only the last 4 were really that important (well, first 4 that you see when they do pop)

With the new very slow resource upgraiding possibility, your automated workers are not doing a very efficient work. Their priority is to hook up and upgrade all resources, which can take dozens of turns each. Time that would be better spent on regular farms, cottages and mines.

So in practise, I'm forced to babysit them until every (or at least most) resource related tech has been researched. Or build 10 workers, which costs time and upkeep.

GOT IT!!!

I unchecked each Option and reloaded the Initial Autosave each time.
When I Unchecked "New Random seed" I Got no Exceptions :rolleyes:

-EDIT-

The CtD on reload after exiting the game completely is gone, too.

With the new very slow resource upgraiding possibility, your automated workers are not doing a very efficient work. Their priority is to hook up and upgrade all resources, which can take dozens of turns each. Time that would be better spent on regular farms, cottages and mines.

So in practise, I'm forced to babysit them until every (or at least most) resource related tech has been researched. Or build 10 workers, which costs time and upkeep.

I've noticed this in AI civs as well, though the forest chopping bug may be hindering them as well.

Also, the number of sea turtles and sea serpents is rather too high.

Top Bottom