Patch 1.20 To Be Released Soon [Released 8/1]

The ability to save game in multiplayer game is the most critical feature in my opinion.

I have a job and a girlfriend; I can’t spend several hours in a row playing a video game, and the situation is the same for my friends.

We want to play together, but we don’t because we know we won’t have time to finish the game.

This is very very frustrating.

I understand you don’t want to let players save game in Game of the Week, but give us the right to manage our time with our friends please.

Thank you

The ability to save game in multiplayer game is the most critical feature in my opinion.

I have a job and a girlfriend; I can’t spend several hours in a row playing a video game, and the situation is the same for my friends.

We want to play together, but we don’t because we know we won’t have time to finish the game.

I understand you don’t want to let players save game in Game of the Week, but give us the right to manage our time with our friends please.

Thank you
I agree, PLEASE add this feature, it's desperately needed!

The 1.20 patch is now out for the USA and for Europe Monday.

Not sure it fits here but I'm really annoyed that you can't get the achievements online, I mean, why not?:confused:

There's a number of players out there that play games strictly for the achievements. Often boosting in multiplayer games to achieve this, its a waste of bandwith, mucks up the leaderboards, alienates a regular player when joining their lobby. Also it can ruin game play while a player is off in a corner, trying to gain the ach. instead of intended game play, spoiling it for the rest.
As a result,some game designers have opted for not assigning online achievements. CivRev isn't the first to this, COD4 also went this route to preserve intended game play, and has been rather successful.
Anyways, hope that helps answer the question.

There's a number of players out there that play games strictly for the achievements. Often boosting in multiplayer games to achieve this, its a waste of bandwith, mucks up the leaderboards, alienates a regular player when joining their lobby. Also it can ruin game play while a player is off in a corner, trying to gain the ach. instead of intended game play, spoiling it for the rest.
As a result,some game designers have opted for not assigning online achievements. CivRev isn't the first to this, COD4 also went this route to preserve intended game play, and has been rather successful.
Anyways, hope that helps answer the question.

I see, thanks for the answer.

You guys are crazy if you are complaining that they patch. These patches are free. We already paid for the game. The developers are fixing problems they have found for free to make it better for us and you are complaining? Those of you who say the older games had less issues because they couldn't be patched aren't entirely right. The truth is we didn't know about many issues because there was never anyone announcing them. I found glitches and balance issues in tons of my games from back in the day.

Patching some small glitch or adjusting balancing is one thing, but having online functionality is an entirely different matter.
The game for all intent, should work, as advertised without a patch. What your paying for in the store is what should work.
My old games are on a cartridge, so they'll be no patching there. Lol, but they still functioned, as advertised. Since the game in question is on a disc, what's on that disc should allow you to play. If both versions cost the same, state they offer the same services, they should provide it. It's been a month, two for the UK.
Whether I feel this borders on the criminal isn't really that important.
If I feel you should receive a complete game on purchase isn't really a big deal.
If I think the Patch and play mentality has gone too far, and some solid QA is really essential, that's not important.
That a gaming site, read by many, endorses a product for TWO VERSIONS but fails to mention online play doesn't work on one of those versions... Yeah, I think that merits a some discussion or action.
I really do hope the newest patch fixes the problem. I really do.

My old games are on a cartridge, so they'll be no patching there. Lol, but they still functioned, as advertised. Since the game in question is on a disc, what's on that disc should allow you to play. If both versions cost the same, state they offer the same services, they should provide it. It's been a month, two for the UK.

What was shipped on the disc *did* work. It wasn't until the 1.10 patch, which was meant to prepare for downloadables, that the multiplayer matchmaking was broken.

The patch is out, but I don't see any of the extras people were talking about. I guess we as Europeans are going to get sodomized once again. We pay more for the vanilla version of the game already and I bet we now have to shell out another 10 euros for some extra wonders?

muahahahhahahahahahhahahahah!! I would like to warn you all about patches. Uh any hopes that your game will work better in MP after the patch should just be self crushed right now. Each and every patch for BTS has caused massive connection oos issues that virtually make the game unplayable. However, if your patch works and they havent fixed the PC version yet I will be formally declaring war on Fireaxis (seriously fix my game please).

Thank you
More agreement, in case it's needed. Though this is such an obvious need I can't believe it even needs to be pointed out.

Then again I have the DS version, which can't be patched anyway, so I guess I just have to accept that I probably never ever will be able to play multiplayer CivRev with anyone, unless we happen to be in the same building THAT HAS POWER OUTLETS TO PREVENT BATTERIES RUNNING DEAD BEFORE GAME ENDS. Ohterwise we could end up playing 3 hours then just stand and watch helplessly, unalbe to save and play later, as one of our batteries runs dead before we can finish.

I can believe the project leaders for the DS version in particular never thought of this ... it's just gross negligence. It's like designing a house without any bathrooms ... it's something you KNOW you're going to need as part of day-to-day living.

How do you know which version you have?

Most Xbox Live updates automatically install when you load your game and are logged into Live. These updates install and re-start the game. It is obvious.

This has not happened with Civ:Rev, though. So how do I know which version I have and if my game has been updated?

Top Bottom