Special Units??

steele2695

Chieftain
whats the deal with each civilizations special units? Do you get like a bonus or something? Whats their purpose? Thanks

Just a name change. Some civs have bonuses to specific units that also happen to be their special unit, but other than that, it's just cosmetic.

Zulus impi warriors have 1 extra move per turn but thats an ancient era bonus not a unit bonus.

I haven't really found a whole heap of differnce bewteen t34 and sherman tanks, aswell as flying fortresses and bombers. It doesn't actually tell you the difference.

They don't even change the graphics for a lot of the special units, it's pretty much just a name change. It's pretty sad.

Oh here I got a Panzer from the Knights of Templar and I though it might have a bonus...

There's a diff.... Alexander's Hoplites are 3 on defence compare to archers

The hoplites are pikemen replacements, not archer replacements. Notice that you don't need Bronze Working to build them, when playing as Greece.

Ahhh.... yes you are right..... Alexander have Democracy right from the start...

Thanks guys! I was wondering the samething. I had the Mongol horsemen (kashi's??) and couldn't figure out if I had a bonus as a result or not.

Sigh... I was hoping.... oh, well..

Top Bottom