LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

alex994 said:
I would argue that the leader of the Lengels could bend the world if he wanted to ;)

Yes, because the Lengels have fostered friends and allies but this is clearly a dangerous place for those who don't.

The Call of War

The men stood around their camp fire. Archers placing their arrows in their quivers and swords. Men had heard of what nurmafer was doing. Myocaca had only wanted peace, but now they had awaken the Dragon of the South.

He was said to be of Emorian blood. Raised as a oneists, but soon converted to the ways of blade once he left his home. He had been from the start a man of great posture. He looked proudly upon the gates of blade which now stood in remeberance of Myocaca's first two kings, now both laid to rest.

He was a man of charisma and carried an engraved ivory sword at his side. It had the words, "Dead to the last Man"

He had studied and admired the last stand of Davar. He admired how honorable they had been. Seeing their decision to go against an army ten times their size and still give them hell was the greatest achievement ever. He desired to have a battle that would test his skills as a general and a warrior. And walk away from it with victory.

He was prepared for war. He had a scar on his face always reminding him of his first mistake.

When he was a young boy he had challenged a swordmaster in his town to a duel. Only at the age of eight he was no match for the aged sage. He thought the man to weak to put up a fight. When charging him the man didn't even pull out his sword. He doged every attack and then with a flash knocked down the boy with the handle of his sword.

Unwilling to accept defeat the boy had charged once more, merely got dropped kicked. When the boy made his final charge he sidestepped, grabbed the sword out of the boys hands and slashed his face.

Bleeding on the ground, the man had thrown the sword atthe boy in disgrace.

"Fool you know not of how to live by the sword. You must first master your feelings, and fears. A swordmaster does not become who he is by a simple swordplay, he learns by learning his opponent. You have much to learn oneist. You may one day face me when you are ready but it is not this day."

Walking away the boy was left alone. To wonder why he had lost.

--------------------------------------------------------

That was long ago, before he had followed his new path. He would never forget the words of the man. The dragon had learned how to control his emotions and become sublime and calm in battle. Finding key attributes in his enemies emotion. Now he could excecute these skills on an army. The dragon of the south had heard his calling.

The end of the beggining had come, now a real war would be waged.

OOC: How can the Lengels govern Emor if they have NO FREAKING NAVY?!

IC: To: The Lengels
We have heard you were a Empire built on honor and pride. Should you not then honor the alliances and/or treaties made by civilizations who willfully join you. We ask you to either honor the NAPs and/or alliances between the Bladeists and Emorians, or at least be honorable and wait for us to be donw wiping the floor with the backstabbing Nurmaferians.

they can build one... even though they are a horse/nomad civilization with, from what we know, absolutely no naval experiece.

Kentharu said:
they can build one... even though they are a horse/nomad civilization with, from what we know, absolutely no naval experiece.

Because Verta, Kalmar, and UKKK are the Lengels vassals, and the smaller ones will provide their navies to the Lengelzai because if they don't...you see where I'm going with this.

Wubba360 said:
OOC: How can the Lengels govern Emor if they have NO FREAKING NAVY?!

IC: To: The Lengels
We have heard you were a Empire built on honor and pride. Should you not then honor the alliances and/or treaties made by civilizations who willfully join you. We ask you to either honor the NAPs and/or alliances between the Bladeists and Emorians, or at least be honorable and wait for us to be donw wiping the floor with the backstabbing Nurmaferians.

The Defensive pact between Emor and the Bladeists has already run dry, and it was not renewed. Or so the Emorian scholars tell us. In either case, the Bladeists have no right to talk of back-stabbing, since we have studied the history of the Great War.

“What is your name?”

The spy remained silent, his face battered and bruised. He was hanging from the ceiling by a long chain. Sweat mixed with blood dripped from his body onto a small pool beneath him on the floor. The interrogator sat comfortably in a chair, dressed in all black leather, with leather gloves. One could hardly make out the blood that was splattered all over him. The two were in a small cell, dark, with only one candle that lay on a table next to the interrogator, the light casted on his face made him seem evil. His face bore a smile, a devilish smile, his black eyes light with glee at the sight of this broken man who hung before him. His hands were folded casually in his lap, his legs crossed as he sat and looked at the spy.

“Who do you work for?”

“You will get nothing from me”

“Is that so?” the interrogators smile grew wider as he clenched his fist. “Are you absolutely sure about that my friend?”

The spy remained silent. The interrogator chuckled and rubbed his hands together, shivering a little. If one were there, in the hot, dank room, one would wonder why he was shivering.

“I think its getting a bit cold in here. Perhaps we should bring in some coals to warm this room up” Not once did his eyes move from the spy, even as the door to the cell creaked open and a heavily armor clad guard walked in with a bucket of coals. The clanking of the bucket as it hit the floor echoed throughout the room. The guard quickly left the room as silence once again gripped it. The only sound was the slow sizzle of the coals.

“That’s nice, feels so warm and cozy in here doesn’t it?”The interrogator said as he slowly put his hands near the coal. The spy said nothing. His head hung, hair matted down by sweat. All he wore was a tattered pair of pants. His body was shriveled from lack of food and cuts were slashed all over his body. The interrogator tightened his gloves slowly as his cold black eyes stared at the spy

“These are Ramid hide gloves” He said, lifting his gloved hand up “They can resist almost any kind of heat or attack, a very interesting materia, very tough, like the animal”

He reached down into the bucket of coals and picked one up. The coal sizzled slowly in his gloved hands as he stared at the spy.

“It’s a very interesting feeling, to old a coal in your hands, and yet, feel nothing, would you like to try?”

The man finally raised his head up. Fear gripped him, and how the interrogator relished it. A devious grin spread across his face as he rose from his seat. He tossed the glowing coal up and down in his hand. Quickly he grabbed the man’s hand, he did not struggle, he could not, he only stared at the coal in fear.

“Who do you work for” Silence “Very well my friend”

Immediately he shoved the coal in the spy’s hand. All that could be heard now, were screams.

From the Gorinese Empire
To the Lengel Horde

*The head of your spy on a beautiful silver platter, with the Empire's crest on it*

Lord Kaiser Anthi Oborski IV would like to return your spy to you. We regret though, that all of him could not be returned, our vultures were hungry and we had no meat except the rest of him.

We hope that completely honest trade and relations can continue between our two people after this unfortunate event.

Signed: Lord Kaiser Anthi Oborski IV Supreme leader and ruler of the Gorinese Empire.

Bogdan was a refugee. It no longer mattered that he had been a wealthy man in Gerber, it no longer mattered that he lost everything when he fled the madness of Toghol-King to smuggle his family south but it would matter that he retained the knowledge of iron tools in Bronze Age Tellium.

He claimed a spot of wilderness near Noras. Iron tools allowed Bogdan to make a living on lands that Telliums found too difficult to work. He felled trees and cleared away the stones to reveal bare earth upon which to rebuild. Standing with his family in front of that rich virgin soil he had all that he ever wanted, except to prove to himself that he was not subject to the decree of an evil madman. He would not live the rest of his life as Toghol-King’s victim. He and his family would have all that he had intended them to have.

They kept their iron tools a close secret but the bounty of their crops was obvious to everyone. With each harvest Bogdan saved until he was able to purchase his neighbors lands. In moved his growing family with their iron tools and next season the profits where even larger. In a short time Bogdan’s was the wealthiest and most respected family in Noras. When the grains were milled into sweet rolls for the Autorex, his children earned fortune in Lux, as biscuits sold to Svitzerlanders outfitting for their exodus or just trying to live one more day his grandchildren became rich in Zarz, when ships full of wheat set sail to feed to the powerful war horses of Lengel his great grandchildren acquired assets in Andama too.

By this time the wealthiest dynasty in Tellium had also thoroughly infiltrated the upper levels of government. They applied their influence to redress the last great injustice in Tellium. Tellium; were the people were free from oppression and free to worship (more or less) but where the rich, or rather their wealth, was tied to one spot. Like elsewhere at this time coinage was a patchwork affair. The leaders of nations, sometimes even cities, minted money to keep the people and their wealth tied to that region. Coins extolling the wrong god(s) where not welcome in some places, currency bearing the profile of an unpopular conqueror received unfavorable exchange rates and if you did travel there was always a money changer to pay.

Until in Tellium a new coin was struck, it was not covered with symbols of national power or prayers to benevolent dieties, it was to be the principle of a much more subtle and personal type of coercion. The new coins were oval so that it would not roll away, not so small as to be lost easily and not so big as to be uncomfortable to handle. On the face would be shafts of wheat to depict the denomination (depending on what material it is composed of) the back would be a map of the world, at the center of which was Tellium. These little oval discs would rise like the sun on a new age.

Kentharu said:
From the Gorinese Empire
To the Lengel Horde

*The head of your spy on a beautiful silver platter, with the Empire's crest on it*

Lord Kaiser Anthi Oborski IV would like to return your spy to you. We regret though, that all of him could not be returned, our vultures were hungry and we had no meat except the rest of him.

We hope that completely honest trade and relations can continue between our two people after this unfortunate event.

Signed: Lord Kaiser Anthi Oborski IV Supreme leader and ruler of the Gorinese Empire.

Oh? Honest relations, Lord Kaiser? I think honesty might have served Gorin well before it decided to play games with Lengel honor, and invade a country with which it had a treaty with, killing my grandfather in battle. Spies were placed to prevent such a travestry from occuring again, since Gorin does not abide by treaties.

Perhaps a treaty is not necessary, Lord Kaiser? Perhaps my spies will be enough to hold Gorin in check, since treaties mean nothing to it. Perhaps there should be no non-agression pact between our peoples, and that we should look with wary eyes toward Gorin.

Do well to remember that. Even if one of my eyes is taken from me, I will be watching. Do not do more to earn my displeasure. Or perhaps Lengel eyes will stop looking South, and start looking West.

From Anthi Oborski IV
To the Lengelazi

DO NOT think to intimidate me. I have respect for your people, for the power you wield but if i catch one more spy from your nation in our my lands then you will have much to pay for.

Must i remind you that you have invaded 5 nations illegal with no reason, and when you yourself were not harmed. Keep your spies and rats out of my nation.

Trade is no longer welcome with you

Kentharu said:
From Anthi Oborski IV
To the Lengelazi

DO NOT think to intimidate me. I have respect for your people, for the power you wield but if i catch one more spy from your nation in our my lands then you will have much to pay for.

Must i remind you that you have invaded 5 nations illegal with no reason, and when you yourself were not harmed. Keep your spies and rats out of my nation.

Trade is no longer welcome with you

There was no agreement with them not preventing war. There was nothing 'illegal' about my invasions, as there were no treaties or laws that mandated peace. Yet, there was such a treaty with Gorin, and Gorin invaded. A double standard you attribute to your-self, accusing my prefectly legal invasions to be illegal when Gorin invaded illegally breaking a treaty. Unlike the Gorin, the Lengels have not invaded illegally.

And this insult to my people will not be ignored.

The Lengelzai declares the Treaty of the Wardash invalid for this insult regarding Lengel honor in regards to our legal invasions. This agression by the Gorin against our safe gaurds against Gorin treachery is troubling, and unless a formal apology is made, the Lengel horde will meet this agression with agression.

From the Gorinese Empire
To the Lengel Horde

Is that a declaration of war?

Gorin did not invade illegally. The Empire found Lengel spies and invaded you.

Kentharu said:
From the Gorinese Empire
To the Lengel Horde

Is that a declaration of war?

Gorin did not invade illegally. The Empire found Lengel spies and invaded you.

((Dude, that's inventing history. You cannot just say that you 'found' Lengel spies and invaded me back then, since you most definately did not invade over that. If you hold to that, there will be war. ))

come one Contempt you know perfectly well you were going to attack them, they just tried to stick the knife in first.

((@ Contempt - Inventing reasons for war has a very long, well established history throughout...um... history. Sure he can make up reasons for invading - doesn't mean they're true. And they serve as a very good casus belli for you. ))

I wish people would just stop using casus belli, just say cause of war, no need for fancy latin words.

Sorry Cleric, I'll try harder to make you happy in the future ;)

No need, I dont hold any power over you. Yet ;)

Top Bottom