Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

Its a Pangea map right? They could be in the center of the continent, or not.

It's Sirianmade, anyone could be anywhere :p

Well, for instance great plains or lakes don't have wrapping, and terra and pangaea do.

OOOOO

Dear Croxis, dear thunderfalls!

Some time elapsed since our last contacts, and the Nibelungen agreed that is now time talk about some closer collaboration between our nations.

At first, it may be beneficial for both our teams to share our research efforts. It would be a waste of time if both our nations will spend their work on researching the same technologies. Maybe we can research into different directions and exchange the technologies later on.

Please tell me your opinion of this issue and if you also have more things that might interest you.

With best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen.

I am down with that!

How would/could we divide the research with them (GWT)?

I'm sure they mean the same kind of deal we have with BAT. "You research X, we research Y and trade." This would create a de facto GWT-BAT-CFC alliance. (Unless GWT has already made this offer to someone besides BAT).

Very interesting. Why did they suddenly break the silence?

GWT plays Qin, a good civ to have on our side I think.

Is there a third branch we could send them on? The religion - monarchy path maybe?

I suppose it will be better to turn this into a three-party deal. Playing middleman is profitable but would probably make us look dishonest - not a good idea if we want to ally them for the long run. Also, this would explain to GWT why we don't want them to go on the two other branches.

Well one of us would need alphabet to trade, so we need to get BAT in the deal (unless BAT would just give us alphabet, but then it'd still be better to get them into the alliance).

So here is my question. Should we suggest to both BAT and GWT about a 3 way, or should we keep the deal isolated for now?

I think we should tell BAT that we want to talk to the Germans. After all, we already are friends with BAT, and we don't want them to think that we doublecross them - especially as it is the truth. IIRC BAT also suggested to team up with GWT some time ago, so they will probably like the idea.

As for GWT, we are currently "neutrally friendly". I don't object to telling them about BAT, but it may be too much too soon. They just made an opening, let's see how wide it is before we try to sail a triple alliance through. So I guess: yes, tell them about a 3 way, but don't rush it - they may just be looking for a tech deal.

[ba humbug]Why don't we first ask BAT why they are dragging their feet on Alphabet and if thats the kind of cooperation we can expect from this alliance.

By the way, have the details on how this tech trade is supposed to work out been established?[/ba humbug]

No, because we have decided how to do it, is it going to be beaker for beaker or tech for tech? If it is the former then I need YOU guys to work out the numbers. I just threw another message to BAT asking for a chat. Also they did tell us it would be around turn 70 when they would get alpha.

What i dont understand is how they'll be getting alpha at turn 70 when they dont have writing now and we're on what turn 52/3? thats a pretty good turn around for alpha when you conisder how long theyve been taking on writing...

Well they clearly have been getting other techs in the mean time and now we are in last place and trying to figure out a way to waste 20 turns researching something we don't need until BAT can trade us the techs we really want.

Some of the techs we are waiting to research (maybe we can get with them for a more compleat list) because we are expecting to get them in trade are: Pottery (119), Mysticism (74), Meditation (119), Writing (179), and Alphabet (448). In exchange we have Iron working (299).

As a result we are also holding off on cottages and obelisks.

I’d like them to offer open borders as soon as they get writing so that we can look around and better judge their capabilities for ourselves. I’d also like them to offer us a missionary (we can build a galley to get him home) which can be of some benefit to them as well.

Id definatly prefer for them not to have a missionary in our lands, just because we're sure now we want to be allies with them doesnt mean we will be in 50/100/150+ turns

OB are an obvious one, they dont have copper yet, not sure why they havnt bothered hooking it up after taking all that extra time to research it.

Dear Nibelungen,

At this point in time my leaders wish to engage in talks about technology trading. Would you like to continue discussions via email or would IRC chat be acceptable?

With best regards,

croxis

So, what do we have that we want to trade?

Top Bottom