President thread- Term 3

you could build a Workboat instead and use that to explore...that REALLY isnt a military unit. Techinically a galley is a military unit due to its ability to attack

The new turn is here and GCA still hasn't given permission to cross. Wouldn't 'mistakenly' crossing just 1 tile to get to the other side be a lot easier than delaying our settler to build a galley. We may still get stuck between their borders after we transport our guy to the other side and a coastal city can block our galley too; there is no reason to imagine they will grant passage to our ships.

The galley isnt just being built to explore GCA's territory- it has 2MP, can sail the waters and also establish trade routes.

site for new city- provisionally called BCLGland (name to be confirmed at a later date)

i moved the warrior into GCA lands, realising what 1889 was implying that even if GCA asked us to move out we can just move it out on to the other side.

writing in 2, build in new city will be a workboat then switch to library for culture exp, initially working the forest but then shall switch.

The wrong save was sent so I hope you don't mind that I played the turn so I would have a save to send on.
  • BCLG was founded, workboat and farm started.
  • The capitol started our next settler, due in 7 turns. Should site 1 be our next city?
  • Our warrior in GCA moved NE just as requested, but where to now?
  • Fever River will finish a work boat in 2, should it start on library for some culture?
  • Writing next turn, Animal Husbandry next. We missed Iron so lets hope we get horses.
  • The southern warrior moves east toward COG in hopes of getting open borders.
Over all our score and culture are abysmal, but we are 1st in manufacturing and 2nd in GNP while most other indicators are about average.

On this kind of map we probably won't want to get to spread out, so could we be nearing the end of our expansion?

Can we at least clear out that fog before we decide on the city placement?

The capital should have stayed on gallye but nevertheless cheers for playing the save, dont know what happened again i swear i put the right save in the mail.

also re- the other thread concerning tech path- next tech shall be metal casting as the majority seem to have chosen that.

1200BC-At the end of turn

azeltrof- 2 turns till galley, three turns till growth
Fever River- 7 turns till lighthouse (just completed a workboat) 22 turns till growth.

2 workers just completed a cottage north of Fever river,

BCLGland- 45 turns till library (will be dramatically shorter with a combination of tile switching and pop rushing) 9 turns till growth

7 turns till animal husbandry.

demographics picture

In relation to Fever River, following the lighthouse i think we should build a library to fully choke off any attempts at wandering around.

We should have a settler in 8 turns from the capital and it'll need somewhere to go, there are two options already there but both are going to be pretty piss poor cities.

Another thing which i forgot to mention in the last update is that GWT built the Oracle, (massive points jump) however thus far i havnt seen any mention of confuscianism being founded so i can only assume they went for another gambit.

New turn

Cities
Azeltrof(5)- galley in one growth in two, no reason to alter this to grow any quicker as its at its happiness limit.
Fever River (2)- growth in 5 lighthouse in 6
BCLGland (1)- growth in 8 library in 44

scouting warrior near GCA lands

They seem to have iron close in their borders already, also quite a large expansion between cities.

Looks like GCA didnt wait like we didnt :)

also they're first to navigate the globe.

I'm guessing all the land is connected and they had a few scouts out looking around.

Btw, nice to see my style of presenting turn information has rubbed off on you a little :)

I'm guessing all the land is connected and they had a few scouts out looking around.

Btw, nice to see my style of presenting turn information has rubbed off on you a little :)

it was kuningas, the amount of info he puts in his threads made me feel bad for the very little i was putting into mine :D

When our gelley heads north, that will be 5 units out exploring. Will we have to pay away costs at that point?

1120BC

Azelatrof- Growth Stagnent, Settler in 6, Galley completed- whether to send it out however is debatable, see picture and discussion below :)

Fever River, Growth in four, lighthouse in 5
---> next up should be a library imo, gives it a border pop thus including an extra copper source, cutting off the land bridge and also cows.

BCLGland-Growth in 7, library in 43 (though will be shorter with pop rushes and chops

AH in 5, followed by MC

ok pictures

we're searching for places to put a new settler-here is worthy of consideration, we can use the galley to transport the settler and another unit over, it is also closer to our capital than any city the other side of fever river whilst also giving us time to scout about and find better sites to place cities.
Most importantly however is that it gives us spices- happy resources could be key in this game as growth is already stagnant in one city because of it.

Demographics

i'd like our population and gnp to be slightly higher however thus far we are doing ok. food should increase when the rice is finished being farmed.

Send the galley over to clear out the for for a few turns, but it seems like a good idea to grab the spices if the terrain is ok and the opposition is not TOO close.

I think its worth a shot. Hopefully there is room for 2 or 3 so they can help defend each other. Any exploration we can do before settling would be a great help.

ok 1080 BC

Azelatrof- growth stagnant settle in 4
Fever river- growth in 3 lighthouse in 4
BCLGland- growth in 4 library in 86

Animal husbandry in 4

quite importantly this turn-

So that means we have hinduism which we could switch too, its the religion BAT has but has not switched too, i think its is a good idea to switch, though maybe in 5 turns after completion of the settler.

we've also seemed to find GWT's border

and im sending the warrior up towards COG now

Righto 1080BC

Azeltrof- Settler in 3 growth stagnant
Fever River-Growth in 2, lighthouse in 3
BCLGland- Growth in 2, library in 85

AH in 3.

No pictures this turn sorry, wasnt much to see that wasnt different- next turn we should have a few as our scouts reveal more, namely the GCA capital.

Top Bottom