This is religulous...

Hope you guys get the Bill Maher reference :crazyeye:

In any case, something weird happened... Persia founded Zoroastrianism (which I will call 'Zoro', because it spells to long to type out the full name) and Songhai founded Islam. I believe Songhai sent a prophet over to Persia and converted them to Islam. However, a turn later, Persia builds Borobudur (in the Holy City of Zoro), and what happens...? Those three free missionaries start spreading Islam everywhere instead of Zoro!

It's kind of odd that the player cant really pick which religion its missionaries will follow. In any case, Persia just gave Songhai a big boost in its religion spread.

Has this happened to you?

Missionaries will be the religion of whatever is the dominant religion of the city they are built in. Makes sense to me.

It doesn't make sense though that he's spreading that religion that he definitely wasn't glad about being converted to in his capital. Seems like that rare case of this happening (come on, Borubudor usually is gone long long before any propets are sent out to other civs) hasn't been thought of by the devs.

That's how the mechanic works. Even if you create an Inquisitor in the Holy City of Zoro...if it's current majority followers are Islam...your Inquisitor will be Islam. I don't like how it works either :confused:

That's how the mechanic works. Even if you create an Inquisitor in the Holy City of Zoro...if it's current majority followers are Islam...your Inquisitor will be Islam. I don't like how it works either :confused:

For this very reason I often pick an Inquisitor as my first religious unit after founding or enhancing (depending on the situation). A single Inquisitor in your holy city can save your religion many-a-time. Otherwise, the only other option is to DoW someone who sends an early prophet/missionary your way.

Top Bottom