This probably needs nerfing.

lindsay40k

Emperor
1 - pledge to declare war in 10 turns
2 - declare war early
3 - extort a peace treaty
4 - use the commitment to declare war to tear up the peace treaty

Not exactly game-breaking, but there you go.

5 - Make the entire world hate you for being a warmonger. :p

Besides, I thought you couldn't make peace with a civilization for at least 15 turns, as they would be unwilling to listen to you? :confused:

5 - Make the entire world hate you for being a warmonger. :p

Besides, I thought you couldn't make peace with a civilization for at least 15 turns, as they would be unwilling to listen to you? :confused:

You can't but they can. I've had the same thing happen before. It is kind of nerfed anyway, they will rarely offer anything in the second peace treaty and you get all the warmonger hate for 2 DoWs instead of one.

Is it really an exploit though? Usually when something needs nerfing it's because it offers some kind of unfair advantage but does this situation really offer anyone an unfair advantage?

It can be a bit of a Mickey-take to launch a devastating alpha strike with an unsustainably large army that's set up to sweep everyone one by one without regard for diplo, and then get your first pile of loot with which to support the troops before you even take the first capital - and teleport all your wounded back into your territory for quick healing before rolling on to Berlin.

If DOW'ing before the ten turn promise counted as fulfilling the promise, or DOW'ing was disabled until the ten turn promise ('we have promised to co-ordinate our assault with our allies'), it'd iron out potential shenanigans.

Top Bottom