Anthony Weiner Goes Ballistic At GOP

If Democrats think money grows on trees, why did Bush implement vast tax cuts for the extremely rich? From where did the Republicans think the money now lost was going to come?

Since Stewart is an amazing beacon of truth and frank honesty, did he happen to note that Democrats were trying to piggyback immigration crap on the bill?
He did address that particular "issue". You should really watch it before trying to discuss the matter.

However, calling it a "piggyback" is disengenuoust at best, since the Republicans were the ones who tried to attach a rider which would make it illegal to provide any funds to "illegal aliens" who participated in the cleanup. In fact, the Democrats found it necessary to try to pass the bill with a 2/3rds vote expressly so Republicans couldn't "piggyback" the bill with such absurd bigotry.

I don't care about his politics, I watched that speech and I was impressed. He deserves a seat just for that.

If Democrats think money grows on trees, why did Bush implement vast tax cuts for the extremely rich? From where did the Republicans think the money now lost was going to come?

Bush was half right. Tax cuts are good. But he forgot to cut government spending and conducted 2 illegal wars. But half right is still better than all wrong (Obama)

Since Stewart is an amazing beacon of truth and frank honesty, did he happen to note that Democrats were trying to piggyback immigration crap on the bill?
Well, they called the one side effing excrement outlets, and the other effing little kittens.

I'm sure you'll discover bias in that as well :)

Tax cuts are good for whom exactly? At least you're not even trying to pretend not to be partisan.

Awesome, especially the Medicare video, now certainly a Congressman I can respect.

~3:20 "Once and for all stamp out the scourge of government-run, government-administered, single-payer healthcare"

:thumbsup:

As for the topic here, the problem of unrelated amendments/riders on bills really needs to stop entirely, both sides of the aisle, but Republicans managing to vote against 9/11 healthcare is pretty low.

:goodjob: Anthony Weiner is awesome! I'd vote for him, if I could.

The Democrats could've passed the bill, but they made it so it would require a two-thirds vote. Why would they just make it harder for themselves?

I don't think anything gets accomplished in there anymore.

Were you actually intending to do something with my quote?

Great stuff. But this was more rage than anything. A lot of his other clips are far more in control, and IMO far better.

Doing something involves explaining how you're going to do it. While it would be nice to provide for those affected by 9/11, how do you expect to pay for it?

Doing something involves explaining how you're going to do it. While it would be nice to provide for those affected by 9/11, how do you expect to pay for it?

According to the Daily Show which was just on, the plan was to close a tax loophole in offshore corporate banking.

7.4 billion? You gotta be kidding me. Democrats just think money grows on trees. Yes it sucks what they suffered, but you can't give everyone who suffers money. I suffered in my childhood, where's my money?

So wait, you're equating your childhood with firemen and rescuers who had to go head on into the smoldering ruins of the WTC to rescue trapped people, and who now have respiratory diseases because of it?

So wait, you're equating your childhood with firemen and rescuers who had to go head on into the smoldering ruins of the WTC to rescue trapped people, and who now have respiratory diseases because of it?

and how much money did we donate to 9/11 victims and rescuers? They don't need any more of my money. The left handing out money to everyone is getting ridiculous. Don't they understand where it comes from? The rich aren't that rich they can support the entire nation.

and how much money did we donate to 9/11 victims and rescuers? They don't need any more of my money. The left handing out money to everyone is getting ridiculous. Don't they understand where it comes from? The rich aren't that rich they can support the entire nation.

What about all the money taken from the middle class and given to the rich?

and how much money did we donate to 9/11 victims and rescuers?
In the case of rescuers I believe that number is zero. They haven't received a dime so far besides their regular salaries and benefits. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Don't you think compensation and medical costs for the injuries they directly received from working at ground zero after 9/11 should be paid for by the government, especially since the federal government deliberately lied to them about how dangerous it was? Not that it probably would have mattered in most cases. I'm sure most would would have gone to help in any way possible no matter how dangerous it was.

I thought you could use 9/11 to justify just about anything...

invading a unprovoked sovereign nation
suspending habeas corpus
warrant-less wire tapping US citizens
illegal t0rture programs

But apparently I was wrong. You cant 9/11 to justify providing 9/11 workers with health care.

LOL only the GOP can use 9/11
Duh

By rich you mean $0

Growing discontent among 9/11 heroes who sued the city over exposure to toxic air at Ground Zero could scuttle a landmark settlement offer, says the New York Daily News. A number of first responders, recovery workers and their relatives say they will opt out of the $625 million deal because their payouts are too low – and their health care is left in doubt. “If you sign this thing, you’re not taken care of at all,” said Richard Hand, 47, a retired NYPD Emergency Service Unit officer who logged more than 700 hours at the Pile and now suffers from upper-digestive problems.

Lawyers representing Hand sent a package last week saying his payout offer is $7,500. He would only collect $4,694 after a 25% lawyer’s fee and other legal expenses. “For $4,700, they are going to buy you off. That’s just wrong,” Hand said. He is among the more than 10,000 police officers, firefighters, hardhats and other Ground Zero workers who sued the city because of 9/11-related illnesses or fear that their exposure could lead to future medical problems. The plaintiffs’ law firms started sending out estimated payouts in the past two weeks.In order for the settlement to work, at least 95% must accept the offers by Sept. 8.

700 houndred hours at ground 0. Screw it let him suffer, save them offshore loop holes. GO GOP!

Top Bottom