School Prayer and Islam

Muslims aren't prevented from praying at school if they wish by not requiring all students to participate in official prayers.

What's this?

...A specific time of the school day set aside for prayer? :confused:

Muslims aren't prevented from praying at school if they wish by not requiring all students to participate in official prayers.

Well, I suppose the idea is that doing so could be considered disruptive by the teacher and thus they'd be punished for religious practices.

Why not let students of all religions pray during their breaks in neutral classrooms (could be a science room for example)?

Well, students can pray already during breaks.

But some people want to make it so there are breaks set aside specifically for faith in what is supposed to be a secular institution.

Religion is dying out =/ I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Authoritarian religion is not dying out fast enough. I still cannot marry my boyfriend if I wanted to.

Therefore, we have plenty to worry about, and must keep an active fight against them.

I see nothing wrong with allowing students to pray during school. If a group of students requests a room for private prayer (if one is available) then there isn't really an issue. The SC ruled in Good News Club v. Milford Central School that schools must afford religous groops equal access to school facilities so there is some precedent for that.

I go to a all muslim school and there are alot of them that are really religious and still nobody misses class, Im not a good muslim I never pray let alone 5 times a day

Solution: stop believing in fantasy and deal with reality on its own terms.

How would you go about forcing people to believe what you want them to on a national scale? Not much of a solution huh?

Top Bottom