Sentoya, Island of Opportunity

OCC: Tani, if there is a 2 v 2 vote in the Council and the Prince isn't elected yet, what wins, Yes or No?

Gridlock I assume.

I guess the Royal Merchent Party will form a allaince with the party of its choice...

In other news vote James Christensen and Ann Christensen for king and queen of Sentoya!

For the sake of having more than one candidate for prince...

The NPC Federico Gomez (a philanthropist who's, like, third cousin once removed or something to Lieutenant Commander Tejeda) will stand in the Principal Election. He has been away in Equatorial Guinea on a principal grant digging wells for the last eight months.

My leaders are Captain Jack Raichu and Lt. Surge. They both exemplify America and Lightning

For the sake of having more than one candidate for prince...

The NPC Federico Gomez (a philanthropist who's, like, third cousin once removed or something to Lieutenant Commander Tejeda) will stand in the Principal Election. He has been away in Equatorial Guinea on a principal grant digging wells for the last eight months.

Don't worry about that, if by tomorrow no one else has signed up for the position I'll have my philanthropist Martín Diaz put himself up as a candidate.

OCC: I would sign up for the postion, but I need to work out how Consul Voting works first.

Yes, I misstated what I meant; the Consuls themselves don't get to decide the election themselves, unless that is what system they want to institute, anyway. Since a royal election is relatively rare, it never really is an issue how the Prince is selected.

So to recap.

1. Consuls decide how the election proceeds.
2. I run calculations on the candidates for Prince
3. I declare a winner.

I presume if a Prince cannot be decided, the election will simply be delayed until the next update. Given the nature of these games, it is very probable that the Consul makeup will regularly change... :p

@Sonic

If the Consulate cannot decide, what happens? Can a election method be accepted if it is only supported by two of the four consuls? Is the election process a confidence issue (and thus, if nothing can be decided, does there have to be a new Consulate election?)?

The election would be kicked down the road until the next update, or rather, whenever the Consuls can agree on some method of election. Given the ability to assassinate every character in the game and really any other form of intimidation, it should be easy enough to force a consensus.

Princely registration closed!.

For those interested to see legal proceedings, the Consulate is debating the royal election procedure here. Thus far the Hermandad is clashing quite fervently with the other two Consuls on the issue.

Commodore and Consul Badajoz purchases a modest office (not the whole building, just some ground floor space) in south La Paz, and invites the people of Sentoya to come and give their opinion on Princely election procedures, and any other matters political. He is, after all, a Consul only at the behest of the people.

I'm afraid I must drop this NES. I haven't been able to find the time to actively participate. :(

...and then all of Hermidad de la Democratica ascended to Formatica where they joined the Formatting Crew in eternal afterlife where they could vote for Presidents forever. In the last act as Consuls, they voted for whatever system of election J.K. Stockholme wanted so the game could actually start without having to wait for a Bi-Election.

OOC: I'm dropping this game due to what is said in my signature. Sorry Tani, but this can't be helped.

Hope your arm gets better soon.

I think my angle of getting a business entity in a political game wouldn't be successful atall. I am dropping from this, sorry.

Top Bottom