Egypt + Monument to Gods + Marble + Aristocracy?

VladTepes

Clown Prince of Wallachia
Anyone done this? How fast could you build an ancient Wonder?

You'd be hardpressed to hook up marble and research the techs for ancient wonders in time I think. Specially if you want your worker to do something to help food/production in your capital. When you have that many multipliers already, getting +1 hammer from a mine (or +1 food from a farm so you can work an extra hill) will probably make a bigger difference than an extra +15% to a very small base.

Marble only works for Ancient Wonders.
Monument of the Gods and Aristocracy give like +1 hammer each so early. So they don't help much. A worker probably does more than both of these together.

--> You're most certainly better just focusing on 1 or max 2 ancient wonders and choosing a more useful pantheon and social policy.

Marble only works for Ancient Wonders.
Monument of the Gods and Aristocracy give like +1 hammer each so early. So they don't help much. A worker probably does more than both of these together.

--> You're most certainly better just focusing on 1 or max 2 ancient wonders and choosing a more useful pantheon and social policy.

Agreed. I'm currently playing as Egypt alongside marble and currently chose everything you chose. I was able to build 3 ancient/classical wonders, but really wished I had chose a better pantheon.

Ahhh, that would explain it. Now I don't feel as bad for not knowing.
Definitely a good call by the developers, though.

(Building the Hubble Telescope): "This would be so much quicker if only we had... marble." :lol:

Believe it or not, I have had a game like this where I got all of those early wonder bonuses. That was the only time I have ever succeeded in building the great library on deity difficulty.

Settle on marble. You will not get lux happiness before you research, but 15% to wonders will be yours. On prince i manage to build all ancient and classic wonders except Terracotta and wall, but who cares about them. On emperor, with right timing and maybe few loads, i manage to get GL Gardens Oracle Petra\Lighthouse Mausoleum and another random wonder. With divine inspiration and holy warriors its super fun.
Bit of advise: don't exchange embassies with ai until you finish wonders. They watching you and try to squeeze and rush too.

Top Bottom