Cutoff Point for Techs from Goodie Huts?

E.M. Lurker

Chieftain
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered somewhere, my forum search fu is simply inadequate to the task.

I'm a worthless chieftain-only save scummer, who went so far as to re-enable New Random Seed on Reload, but I've hit a wall: at the Sedentary Lifestyle bottleneck, I've plundered the same goodie island like four dozen times in a row and gotten pretty much every possible result except the tech. Am I on the low end of the probability curve, or is this a cap beyond which villages will not hand out scrolls of ancient wisdom?

It's all based on percentages and random "dice" roll, iirc.

So you have this "need" to reach Sed Life 1st, hmmm......... ;) :lol:

JosEPh :)

Eh, I'm going to hit it in 10 turns no matter what, I just wanted to check what it would do to my income beforehand.

Then it kept not happening and my collector instincts kicked in. :D

There is a point where there are no further valid techs that can be obtained by goodies. In vanilla this was past Astronomy but I don't know with our current techs what is and is not a qualified tech for being selected by that goody event.

There is a point where there are no further valid techs that can be obtained by goodies. In vanilla this was past Astronomy but I don't know with our current techs what is and is not a qualified tech for being selected by that goody event.

There is a boolean tag on the tech definition that says if it can be obtained from a goodie.

I don't know why I didn't think of checking the xml...

...sweet mother of Gandhi, this thing has become vast...! :eek:

Okay, looks like Sedentary Lifestyle is in fact the first non-goodie-hut tech. Time to invest in honest research. :D

Thanks all

I think there are techs past Sed Lif that will allow goody huts to get them BUT it makes sense why you can't get THAT one and how you can only have that one to research and thus the result isn't currently valid.

Top Bottom