Another MP game??

SHIELD next

JosEPh

Rf you're holding up the show again..........C'mon Man! :mischief:

JosEPh

I'm starting to wonder if he lives (lived?) in the currently flooded areas of the southern states. That would explain the long absence. As much as I want this to get going again, I hope he and his family are alive and healthy.

According to the forum, his last activity was on Aug 21st. I think that was about when the flooding got bad, but don't really recall.

In any event, it has been his turn since the 23rd, so 5 days ago, so he should have another 5 days to get back to it before getting booted, if I recall the rules correctly. Assuming anyone is still able to do that. If not, then I presume that at the 10 day mark that we would just have someone take his turn for him so we can get on with it?

I'm starting to wonder if he lives (lived?) in the currently flooded areas of the southern states. That would explain the long absence. As much as I want this to get going again, I hope he and his family are alive and healthy.

According to the forum, his last activity was on Aug 21st. I think that was about when the flooding got bad, but don't really recall.

In any event, it has been his turn since the 23rd, so 5 days ago, so he should have another 5 days to get back to it before getting booted, if I recall the rules correctly. Assuming anyone is still able to do that. If not, then I presume that at the 10 day mark that we would just have someone take his turn for him so we can get on with it?

Did the Houston area get flooded too? I did not put that together till you mentioned it.

He and his wife have a 2yr old that is soon to be 3, if Zoe is not 3 already.

I sent him an EM this morning as a reminder to take his turn.

JosEPh

It's going to depend on if he has a password or not. I really needed everyone to share their passwords with me just in case something takes place where they vanish because I've proven to be incapable of hacking to get around the need for it. One player with a password just dropping everything would stuff the whole game up.

I'm here. My Family was in Louisiana with the flooding but were lucky. They came to surprise visit us on Friday - hence some of the issues. We celebrated my daughter's 2nd birthday yesterday.
Thank you for being patient. :)

Turn done, Magnus up.

Ah, good. Glad you are well.

Yeah, I realized shortly after I posted that statement that it was rather dumb. Since rf's turn does not have a PW, it would be easy to 'retire' his team should the need arise.

That is a good idea Thunderbrd. Everyone (who has a password) should share it with someone, but I'd prefer it to be someone who is not currently playing. Just to avoid possible temptations.

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.

I'm of the firm belief that rules are all that make a game fun. Bypassing them for an edge in the game only diminishes your ability to take pride in your victory or have something to evaluate and learn from in your defeat. Sometimes I have to look at a turn simply due to debugging needs. It would not be possible to promise that it would not influence play decisions but it would still be rather unlikely and all efforts would be made to ignore such visible game influencing factors. I would, for that reason, hopefully never have to even look at a save from a player I'm in conflict with. Which at this point is nobody... yet.

Our turns are done btw... I didn't realize Whisperr had taken her turn yesterday so my apologies for the unnecessary delay.

I envy you guys playing this game. Too bad I couldn't keep with it when the opportunity was given to me. :p

Spoiler :
I'm tired of rethinking what my empire has already done and what my plans are for the next turns. I'm almost tempted to ask the allowance to watch this game unfolding for the sake of civ-strategy thinking

I envy you guys playing this game. Too bad I couldn't keep with it when the opportunity was given to me. :p

Spoiler :
I'm tired of rethinking what my empire has already done and what my plans are for the next turns. I'm almost tempted to ask the allowance to watch this game unfolding for the sake of civ-strategy thinking

We might have to scrap the other game so it may be time to be considering starting a new one... Could be nice to start one with a more updated fileset but the current one is still so wiggy I don't want to QUITE yet. Maybe after release. We still have some savegame breaks to come yet on the main.

SHEILD next......

Bet Grandparents and Zoe had a blast on her 2nd Birthday. :)

JosEPh

We might have to scrap the other game so it may be time to be considering starting a new one... Could be nice to start one with a more updated fileset but the current one is still so wiggy I don't want to QUITE yet. Maybe after release. We still have some savegame breaks to come yet on the main.

I hope we can recover it. TBH I really don't like the idea of parting ways with this game. Actually I have a problem with finishing civ games without a winner. But if we have no choice then count me in for the new game.

Okay Rf I finally did it right! :blush::old::wallbash:

JosEPh

Ok, guys, we're out for the Labor Day weekend. Going back out camping at Bryce Canyon, which should be fun - especially since we're more prepared this time than we were last year (got COLD overnight!)

We'll be back and able to take turns either Monday night or Tuesday.

Have a great weekend y'all!

Turn Done, it failed to upload 1x, but appears to be working, Please let me know if there are any issues. Happy Labor Day!

Top Bottom