1000/1000 achievments

ejprior

Chieftain
Has anyone managed this yet? because i could use some tips. Im about to start on the deity achievments (the only ones i've got left to do, bar the "here's looking a you kid" one). I've had a go on the difficulty already, its seems tough, but doable. any pointers, tactics would be appreciated tho. cheers

I've got 25/50 achievements, but only about 400 Gamerscore. I'm trying to win each type of victory on King with as many different civs as possible - good amount of achievements there! :thumbsup:

cheers. i almost went crazy trying to get the one where u need to win by 1000ad on king or higher. i was starting matches saving them, exploring so i knew where every capital was, then restarting and going on an all out assault to try and capture them all as quick as possible. didnt work, not even close, lol. Then i discovered the blitzkrieg senario and won by 50ad :D

im wondering if the deity achievements might be easier in the scenarios as well. anyway im gonna get back 2 it, i've got the itch.

can any body help i am missing 4 great people and dont know how to get them
is there a website or can some one give me help they are:
on the "pictures" 1st and 3rd builders on top row and the most bottom 2 on the artist/thinkers picture
thanks THE GENERAL! :D

right. For the builders, you need Cheops-requirement Masonary and Imhotep-requirement Ceremonial burial. for the Artist thinkers you need Archimedes-requirement Engineering and JS Bach-requirement Religion. i believe to get the great people your Civ needs to be excelling in their particular field, i.e building or culture, have the required tech researched and maybe, (i'm not sure on this one), be in the appropriate era of the great person. hope this helps

now im annoyed. i was playing on deity, got my 20000 gold peices and it won't allow me to build the world bank. i'm building the manhatten project and could switch over production for an instant win, if it would let me.:mad:

I think it will not be allowed to use saved hammers for a 'winning wonder'. The same reason you are not allowed to rush the 'winning wonder'.... the opponent does need to have some turns to prevent you from winnning.

For great people, their "technology", such as masonry for Cheops, makes them more likely to appear as your next great person, and is not a requirement to make them appear. Your best bet is to start a game on one of the easier difficulties and then just do everything in your power to create great people (focus on getting lots of culture, first to research techs which give great people, steal people with spies etc.) Or you could just keep playing normally and you'll probably get them all eventually. I got my last 5 today in a Blitzkreig game without trying to get them (also got my That We May Live in Peace :))

And for the guys talking about winning wonders, you can use saved hammers on them; it's a good tactic to start building one of the bigger wonders when you get close to unlocking the UN/WB and then switching to get a quicker victory.

I've now got 1000/1000, last achievement was a monster battle with all my rivals for the Domination win on Deity - phew, glad its over, but what a blast! :D

As for getting Great people, don't forget you can use spies and just kidnap them from other Civilizations? Saves you a lot of work and spies are reletively cheap to produce :goodjob:

Joined the 1000 points club now, this being the first 360 game since owning the machine at launch I've ever bothered trying to get all 1000.

Last one was the 200 production in a single turn which I did with ease (though at length) with the Americans.

i got the game yesturday and am on 22 out of 50 achievments, but as a newcomer to the Civ games im not sure weather to go onto a hard difficulty

I've got 905/1000, but still have three achievements left to get.

Any tips on developing a city to produce 200 resources per turn, anyone?

The great builder won't help, but a factory will (and is the reason to do this as america), although I did it with the Mongols (+2 hill production IIRC).

You basically want a city surrounded by as many mountains as possible (and if it's mountains with Uranium, even better), an iron mine, a factory, workshop (if there are hills nearby) and a courthouse. And the city should have 31 population.

Basically, you need some good luck.

communism, america, lots of hills/oak/mountains and a great builder

The great builder won't help, but a factory will (and is the reason to do this as america), although I did it with the Mongols (+2 hill production IIRC).

You basically want a city surrounded by as many mountains as possible (and if it's mountains with Uranium, even better), an iron mine, a factory, workshop (if there are hills nearby) and a courthouse. And the city should have 31 population.

Basically, you need some good luck.

Thanks guys. Some great ideas there, and I really do appreciate the input. I think Thrallia may have hit the nail on the head with his mention of communism. Ironically, I had researched it in one game where I was getting just over 160 production per turn from one city, but as usual, stuck to my normal tactic of alternating between democracy, and monarchy, (where needed) in order to keep my options open for declaring war, while still keeping the research going at a tidy pace. So in retrospect, it's now pretty clear to me that if I had gone commie for a few turns, I would have got the achievement quite easily.

Which is a pain, because I came so close, and didn't even know it at the time! But heyho, I guess I'll get it someday.

On a slightly different note though, I guess you guys in the states will be getting Civ Rev any day now. I'm really happy for you guys, and hope you all get the same blast out of playing it as I, and so many others are currently getting. It's a fantastic game, and I'm sure you're all gonna love it. :)

Top Bottom