[MOD] Fall from Heaven

woodelf said:
Played about 100 turns or so.

So far everything works and runs beautifully, but....

I really, really wanted to get right into the new units and so far I haven't seen any! After these 100 turns my best unit is still a warrior. I found myself looking ahead hoping to see the cool stuff. :)

Also, I think the tech needs to be speeded up some. 20+ turns right from turn 1 is a lot. Makes for a lot of "Enter" just to get to a point where your apprentice can do something.

I think I'll start a game in a different era so I can see how this baby uses all of the new goodies.

Keep in mind the advanced units require buildings. So you need a barracks to build Axemen, Macemen and PIkemen. You need an Archery Range to make Archers, Longbowmen and Crossbowmen, etc... etc.. etc..

The delay is intentional. I want to give players the opportunity to earn a few levels before the new units become available.

I saw that specific buildings were needed and I think that's a good idea. I'm not sold on the tech rate yet, but I'm keep plugging away. :)

Very impressive piece of work :goodjob:

Are there any restrictions on game setup ?? Type and size of World..Normal vs Epic game etc... ??

ACEofHeart said:
Very impressive piece of work :goodjob:

Are there any restrictions on game setup ?? Type and size of World..Normal vs Epic game etc... ??

Hmm... There are no eras beyond reinasaunce, the diplomatic and space race victories have been removed (and a religious victory added). Thats about it. You can play whatever map you want, type of game, etc.

Oi. Too many early levels. I ended up stuck on a continent with no contact with other civs... for sooo long! I ended up just using the WB to edit in some cool units to play with while I waited... and waited... and waited :p

I would be very appreciative if you sped up that early game a tad. I've been playing since about 10 minutes from that post up there, and I have yet to get to the buildings that let me get a cool unit :p

The worst part was my capital started with *three* grains AND a fishie, so I didn't want to restart!

Aeon221 said:
Oi. Too many early levels. I ended up stuck on a continent with no contact with other civs... for sooo long! I ended up just using the WB to edit in some cool units to play with while I waited... and waited... and waited :p

I would be very appreciative if you sped up that early game a tad. I've been playing since about 10 minutes from that post up there, and I have yet to get to the buildings that let me get a cool unit :p

The worst part was my capital started with *three* grains AND a fishie, so I didn't want to restart!

Do you think it was to long to get to tier 2 (axeman/archer/horseman)? To long to get to tier 3 (macemen/longbowman/horse archer)? Or to long to get to tier 4 (Immortal/marksman/knight)?

My mouth is watering just looking at this... someone get me a towel
EDIT: Making a Giant by simply changing the scale of the unit is ingenious!!!

hi Kael, looks like a very capacious mod you've done here, it changes just about everything in the game!

I was trying to mod something only religion-related, wonder if you could be interested in my thread or have any ideas about it

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=147778

Fachy said:
hi Kael, looks like a very capacious mod you've done here, it changes just about everything in the game!

I was trying to mod something only religion-related, wonder if you could be interested in my thread or have any ideas about it

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=147778

The way I handled this in Fall from Heaven is I had the religion specific buildings give a negative happiness if there is a building of an opposed religion in the same city. I don't have it on the temples, I have a lot of religion specific stuff, but I did do this with the specilized buildings (the asylum, basillica, etc).

woodelf said:
Played about 100 turns or so.

So far everything works and runs beautifully, but....

I really, really wanted to get right into the new units and so far I haven't seen any! After these 100 turns my best unit is still a warrior. I found myself looking ahead hoping to see the cool stuff. :)

Also, I think the tech needs to be speeded up some. 20+ turns right from turn 1 is a lot. Makes for a lot of "Enter" just to get to a point where your apprentice can do something.

I think I'll start a game in a different era so I can see how this baby uses all of the new goodies.
Actually, i love the slow tech advencement, it just gives more time to enjoy certain units, warfare, etc ;)

I saw in that there is change log for 0.6, could you release the file?

Edited :
Something that bother me :
Too much Green smilies, may be it is intended...
In the same topic : Public baths give +1 green smile insted of giving more heath (-1/-2 green smile).
Conjurer : How do I conjure elemental?

Crash757 said:
Actually, i love the slow tech advencement, it just gives more time to enjoy certain units, warfare, etc ;)

Slow tech is fine, in later eras. I'm just saying that I'm not enjoying my warriors. ;) Once you get into the next era then by all means the tech rate is fine, but getting there has been lengthy.

I tweaked the first era research using Vilu's tech tool loacted here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140264

I set it to 0.7 and left the others as is. Most likely later when the super col stuff starts rolling I'll set the later eras to 1.5 or 2 so I can use them longer. In reg Civ4 I have them set as high as 5x normal so I can actually use knights before they become obsolete.

Kael - What are your ideas for new civs? Can the rest of start dabbling or do you have ones in mind?

I played your mod yesterday for a while. Very good work indeed!

I encountered some bugs and want to let you know them:
- With a prophet (great person) you may build a religion's special building in the city where the religion was founded. I your mod you may build that buildings in every city you like without having founded the religion yet. I accidently clicked on the special building for the elves but wanted to build it for Octopus. But for the AI who founded actually the elves religion, the building wasn't build yet and the AI built it after in order. Only then the icon for elves building vanished, before not. The funny thing: you may build each special building in all cities until it is built in the 'correct' city. You will get all the extra money from EVERY multiple special building :p
I think the constraints checking for the special building are just screwed. I assume there are no changes needed as this should work as in the original game.

- The 'purge the unfaithful' wonder gives you minus 2 happiness, nothing else. Thats what the description is saying; I haven't built it yet.

- another wonder, which gives your troops mithril armor (forgot the name of that wonder) does nothing after being built. No extra traits for troops built in this city.

Thats all I can remember for now. Hope this helps. Your mod is just GREAT!

so far, ive only read about your mod, but im already impressed.
two thumbs up :D

I copied the zipped folder into the civ4 mods folder, but it isn't showing up under "custom game". Help?

mamimo said:
I saw in that there is change log for 0.6, could you release the file?

Edited :
Something that bother me :
Too much Green smilies, may be it is intended...
In the same topic : Public baths give +1 green smile insted of giving more heath (-1/-2 green smile).
Conjurer : How do I conjure elemental?

I will gather a few changes before releasing publically (I also have fireballs and root in now and have to do some testing), if you PM me your email address I will send it to you so you can have it. Thanks again for finding and reporting the issue.

Yes it is intentional that the PUblic Baths give happiness and a little negative health. There are some very unsavory things that go on in the public baths.

You have to be within your cultural borders and not in a city to summon and elemental or a demon. Summoning them destorys any improvements in that tile. I want you to be able to summon creatures anywhere but I haven't been able to get it to work from a coding perspective yet. So I gave demons a move of 7 and earth elementals a move of 5, the conjurer is best to stand at your borders, conjure them and send them in to attack.

Top Bottom