Player How To Documentation

They were working fine. Please post this problem in the bug thread along with a bit of detail.

What I meant by saying that they caused problems is that they chew up a LOT of memory, and therefore can cause MAFs. I also read Vokarya saying somewhere that some of the new LHs had bad graphics that were causing crashes, but I don't remember where.

What I meant by saying that they caused problems is that they chew up a LOT of memory, and therefore can cause MAFs. I also read Vokarya saying somewhere that some of the new LHs had bad graphics that were causing crashes, but I don't remember where.

yeah for me when i play with them in they rurn up purple with no civopedia entries and when i push on on the game crashes:cry:

yeah for me when i play with them in they rurn up purple with no civopedia entries and when i push on on the game crashes:cry:

Also why weren't the extra leadrheads included in the game.
Finally is their any way to know if the wonder movies got added in correctly?

I was looking through the modules and was wondering what exactly is in the Praetyre, Mr. Azure, and the Nomadic Option folders and if i should turn them on. Also whats in the nomaddemo

I was looking through the modules and was wondering what exactly is in the Praetyre, Mr. Azure, and the Nomadic Option folders and if i should turn them on. Also whats in the nomaddemo
The Nomad Demo folder is purely a tech demo (with very little content and probably also not fitting to the current state of the game) that shows how a nomad start might be implemented with some of the mechanics we have in place. Don't activate it for normal playing.

The Nomad Demo folder is purely a tech demo (with very little content and probably also not fitting to the current state of the game) that shows how a nomad start might be implemented with some of the mechanics we have in place. Don't activate it for normal playing.

Thanls but what about the pther foldrrs

Added a link to how to change a game setting from Custom Game screen after you have been playing for awhile in a save game.

Thanks DH!

That may be true ls612, but its only something a player (including ourselves) would want to use and isn't really a 'modding' issue right? Some few players could find that useful - I don't really see it being a perfect fit for the modder thread nor here but either way it should be easily referenced.

Variables that control how various game options are used. These appear in the Assets/XML folder, file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml. This file can be edited using any text editor like Note Pad.

Neanderthal Spawn Rate
  • NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER
  • Used to define how often the barbarian Neanderthal units spawn.
    100 = normal,
    0 = turn off,
    200 = twice as often as normal
    Code:
    	<Define>
    		<DefineName>NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
    		<iDefineIntVal>[B]100[/B]</iDefineIntVal>
    	</Define>
    Change the number in bold to what you want

Graphics levels
    • What shows up in the city on the main screen SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL
    These change what city buildings are shown in game. It was introduced to reduce CTD's. Some machines just can't cope and some buildings may have problems.
    Code:
    	<Define>
    		<!--
     Use the following to determine what building art
    			is displayed on cities.  It is a bitmask of flags which may be
    			added together:
    			1 = Wonders 
    			2 = city defences
    			128 = other
    			We default to Wonders and city defenses (1+2 = 3) 
    		-->
    		<DefineName>SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL</DefineName>
    		<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>
    	</Define>
    A value of
    0 (zero) means show nothing
    1 means wonders only
    2 means city defenses only
    4 means wonders and city defenses
    128 means buildings other than city defenses and wonders
    129 means all buildings except city defenses
    129 means all buildings except wonders
    131 means everything.

New Food wastage here

• Hi I have tried this But it doesn't work. Playing V 30 All i get is few buildings to show up and a big blank spot in the middle of my cities with no building. And i put 131 as my value to get all buildings to show but to no avail. Can someone please assist me in correcting this? Thank you and by the way i am huge fan of the mod stop playing civ 5 because of it. Job well done to all involved.

Hi I have tried this But it doesn't work. Playing V 30 All i get is few buildings to show up and a big blank spot in the middle of my cities with no building. And i put 131 as my value to get all buildings to show but to no avail. Can someone please assist me in correcting this? Thank you and by the way i am huge fan of the mod stop playing civ 5 because of it. Job well done to all involved.

Recently, StrategyOnly removed almost all the building graphics. I am not sure but I think walls and wonders are all that are left.

Recently, StrategyOnly removed almost all the building graphics. I am not sure but I think walls and wonders are all that are left.

Hi and thanks for quick response. If he did do this than that would be a bummer because that was one of the things i love most about civ 4 but i am sure he had his reasons maybe in the future he can give us that option again to show all buildings. Anyhow is no biggie i still love the mod thanks again for your response. Cheers.

Hi and thanks for quick response. If he did do this than that would be a bummer because that was one of the things i love most about civ 4 but i am sure he had his reasons maybe in the future he can give us that option again to show all buildings. Anyhow is no biggie i still love the mod thanks again for your response. Cheers.

Reason is that the building display consumes a rather large amount of memory, and is a significant factors towards late game memory allocation failures, so we felt removing all but the most visually significant ones was a better balance than being unable to play games on any but small maps, or being unable to continue into later eras.

Top Bottom