C2C - Building Review Thread

Can you please make it possible to build a "Jewelry" Store without Gems. Despite the name, jewellery really means "bling", and so can be made with just metal, eg. chains, lockets, rings, bracers, earrings, etc.

Failing that (ie. if you don't agree), can you include Shell(fish)/Pearls as options that allow for building the Gemcutter (Pearls aren't cut but the shells they come from can be). Or have Pearls as an option that bypasses the Gemcutter altogether.

Seems reasonable, but suggest if so Jewelry be toned down in some aspects and given building class + when you have a gem bonus, so it's more powerful with gems than without

Seems reasonable, but suggest if so Jewelry be toned down in some aspects and given building class + when you have a gem bonus, so it's more powerful with gems than without

Sounds fine to me. Where I'm coming from is that I don't have Gems, and it appears to mean that more than half the metal wares are rendered completely useless.

Couple of minor things I have noticed in my current game:

1) I can build Citadels in cities I have castles in, but the Pedia says they are the Spanish replacement for castles - they neither replace castles not require Spanish as far as I can see (might just be the Pedia that needs updating??)

2) I am able to build a Castle in the same city I built Edinburgh Castle - shouldn't the wonder replace (and also have the function of as well as its extras) a regular castle?

1) I can build Citadels in cities I have castles in, but the Pedia says they are the Spanish replacement for castles - they neither replace castles not require Spanish as far as I can see (might just be the Pedia that needs updating??)

2) I am able to build a Castle in the same city I built Edinburgh Castle - shouldn't the wonder replace (and also have the function of as well as its extras) a regular castle?

1. As far as I know there are no buildings that replace each other (except for Native Cultures). The Citadels were linked to Spanish culture until recently when I made them general buildings. All UB from vanilla and BTS have their old pedia text still.

2. I am guessing not since a lot of other buildings require a Castle and if it replaced it you could not build them. I guess its like getting an extra castle.

1) If that is in the pedia or strategy text then yes it needs fixing by whoever changed it from being so.

2) Edinburgh Castle is another Forbidden Palace or Versailles ie it is a seat of government and reduces your number of cities maintenance.

Here I think I should put it, but, I'm making a spreadsheet at TB's request with all buildings, wonders, etc, and giving them simple categories. If anyone wants to see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsZ97EvYjrFzdFdWQnBJUDNSMmR1bzhURlhyd29PLXc&usp=sharing

Just Forgot, here are the current categories:

Administrative- Built by the Government or used often by the government
Agriculture, Hunting and Processing: Anything to do with food
Commercial: Built by private businesses with no help from the government
The other are what they say:
Education
Electricity
Garbadge
Health Care
Law Enformcement
Military
Mining and Minaral Prosessing
Public Works
Religious
Special
Sports and Entertainment
Transportation
Water and Sewage

How are we going with this Sargon? It was going brilliantly last I checked... I've also determined that we probably aren't going to use specialbuilding categorizations but perhaps something else that will allow multiple categories for buildings. Not to worry about for now, just a footnote.

We also now have this to consider in a review on how buildings would interact with this system:
Update

- use new capture mechanics provided by TB now used in capture slaves.

Buildings have two sets of tags for this, a National modifier and a Local modifier (both to CaptureProbability and CaptureResistance.

The National modifier is probably more for Wonders and such that give all the nation's units this % modifier whereas the Local one only influences units IN the city (and this may all eventually become a modifier for the population points potentially becoming civilian captives.)

The review here could be rather extensive so anyone with some dedication and cahones can attempt to identify at least the buildings that should be manipulated with these tags (that list of building categories, once completed, could help to narrow the field a bit - one of the big reasons for categorizing like that in the first place!) Then once identified we can try to work out some reasonable modifiers anyhow.

Or we can just suggest as we find the buildings as we play I suppose but that'll be the longer road.

These can also be applied by Civics, Traits, to Units directly and on Promotions so the review on this mechanism is certainly a multi-tasked project across most of the span of the game.

The tags, specifically, are:
<iNationalCaptureProbabilityModifier>,<iNationalCaptureResistanceModifier>, <iLocalCaptureProbabilityModifier> and <iLocalCaptureResistanceModifier>.

Since Bioinformatics is quite empty, I recommend to give it a +5% Science bonus to

- Biology Lab
- Microbiology Lab
- Genetic Lab (does this even exist? It may has a different name)
- Paleontology Lab

since bioinformatics make their work A LOT easier. There is this cool saying:

"A month in the lab can save you several hours in the library"

I also plan a DNA Lab (if it doesn't exist now) and a Protein Lab which would benefit from bioinformatics too.
Also a DNA Sequencing Facility and a Bioinformatics Lab.

Since Bioinformatics is quite empty, I recommend to give it a +5% Science bonus to

- Biology Lab
- Microbiology Lab
- Genetic Lab (does this even exist? It may has a different name)
- Paleontology Lab

since bioinformatics make their work A LOT easier. There is this cool saying:

"A month in the lab can save you several hours in the library"

I also plan a DNA Lab (if it doesn't exist now) and a Protein Lab which would benefit from bioinformatics too.
Also a DNA Sequencing Facility and a Bioinformatics Lab.

Added some bonuses for Bioinformatics to the Biology Lab, Paleontology Lab, Microbiology Lab and Vaccine Lab. There is no Genetic Lab (yet).

Wow! Thanks Sargon! I'll have to get on that project side of things now... I'd thought you might've disappeared on us but I can certainly understand such a project taking quite some time to hammer out! Anyhow, thanks again :) Will soon be very useful.

Top Bottom