C2C - Building Review Thread

I have two suggestions.

Elder Council
+25% :science:

Add:
Should only be built on the Capital OR be a National Wonder.

Academy
+50% :science:
Can Only be Built by Great Scientist.

Add:
Is a National Wonder.

I have two suggestions.

Elder Council
+25% :science:

Add:
Should only be built on the Capital OR be a National Wonder.

Academy
+50% :science:
Can Only be Built by Great Scientist.

Add:
Is a National Wonder.

I agree with Elder council. Or perhaps just tone down the % a bit.

I dont think the signature trait of a Science GP should be a one time use.

Given the length of the game perhaps 50% is too much and could be 33% instead?

Encyclopedia used to give free techs if known by at least 2 other civs or something, now its different isn't it?

Anyway, I used to just manually remove it from the game because it ruined games due to how powerful it was. You could essentially build it, then change to 90% espionage and be fine. This was especially true if there were quite a lot of civs in the game.

The other option is to have one per x other buildings.

We're talking about a building one should be able to build when they have only one city. Don't think this solution would thus be advised.

We're talking about a building one should be able to build when they have only one city. Don't think this solution would thus be advised.

Actually that is exactly the problem with the way this was implemented in Civ IV in my view. It should have been eg 1 per every 3 buildings means that you can build 1 if you have 1-3 buildings, 2 if you have 4-6 etc.

Actually that is exactly the problem with the way this was implemented in Civ IV in my view. It should have been eg 1 per every 3 buildings means that you can build 1 if you have 1-3 buildings, 2 if you have 4-6 etc.

I can see the point of both types of evaluations being available. Would make sense that some buildings should require a particular amount of x buildings being built throughout the nation before you can build it and for some to be buildable as long as you have at least one x building but no more than 1 per a given amount of x buildings built.

I'll try to squeeze in a new tag for that at some point.

I have now reached the Galactic Era in my current game and I really like the new buildings that have been introduced to the Transhuman Era recently. What I don´t like is that there are way too many dependencies between the buildings. This is absolutely contradictory to the idea of using building lists (by using ctrl or shift in the city view). You can only put a few buildings in a list, wait until they are finished. Only now can you build the next few buildings and so on. With a larger imperium this means a horrendous amount of micromanagement: I have found a list of 13 buildings depending on each other only in TH age. That means that you have to create at least 13 buildings lists in each city only while in TH.

The example:

To build the Nanobotic Printing Mill you need the Nanofactory.
For the Nanonfactory you need to have a Gamma Assembler.
To build Gamma Assembler you need the Uterine Replicator and:
Cybernetic Organic Labs
Somatosensory Manipulation Lab
Neuron Reg. Lab
Applied Psychology Lab
Neuroscience Psychology Lab
Stem Cell Lab
Bioinformatics Lab
Protein Lab
Molecular Biology Lab

All these are TH buildings! Please reduce the dependencies drastically, this isn´t fun anymore!

And then there is the issue that you can´t build a lot of buildings at all because they depend on each other in a kind of vicious circle. I have written that in the bugs forum but no one reacted...

I can see your problem and that it isn't fun if you have so many building lists. Even worse are the circles with Nanobots. I hope Hydro will find a solution for that since he has more insight in this than I do :crazyeye:

@Hydro:

I found a major mistake in your building designs. For example, we have a small building chain: A is required for B and B is required for C.
A requires Stone, B requires Ammunation and C requires... Nothing. That is because you say: C requires B and A, so you need to have Stone and Ammunation to get to C. But you can still build C then even if you lost access to Stone and Ammunation after building A and B!

For a less generic example, let's have a look at the "Toilet" line of buildings:

Gaderobe requires Stone and Public Restrooms requires Paper and Garderobe. Why not stones anymore? How are you supposed to build it without Stone, iE if you lost access to Stones? As it is now, it looks like it is completely build out of Paper...

Edit:

More Reviews:

Manhatten Project requires Fission but also 2 Laboratories. You can't have Laboratories before Modern Physics which requires Fission -> Manhatten Project on Fission is redundant and should be moved to Modern Physics instead. Or, what I'd like more: Make it require 2 Physics Laboratories instead. Maybe we should split Physics Laboratory into Mechanics, Electro Dynamics, Quantum Physics... like we split the Biology Lab a lot.

The Savety Achievement is bugged. Instead of creating the Achievement with Heros, you seems to create only the effect building, meaning you'd need a hero for ever city to have the effect in every city.

The Fish Market World Wonder is way too expensive for it's Requirements. It should be lowered to 50% costs instead.

Gaderobe requires Stone and Public Restrooms requires Paper and Garderobe. Why not stones anymore? How are you supposed to build it without Stone, iE if you lost access to Stones? As it is now, it looks like it is completely build out of Paper...

They are NOT suppose to require each other. Just replace each other. If its the other way then you have done them wrong. Public Restrooms do not need stone, but need pipes and sewers. Which have their own requirements for materials.

The Savety Achievement is bugged. Instead of creating the Achievement with Heros, you seems to create only the effect building, meaning you'd need a hero for ever city to have the effect in every city.

Sargon made this so if its broke make sure he knows to fix it.

The Fish Market World Wonder is way too expensive for it's Requirements. It should be lowered to 50% costs instead.

This is not my wonder, I think its Vokarya and I think its so expensive because it actually spawns seafood resources on the map when made. Note that even great farmers cannot make sea resources.

Ok so here we go. They are supose to replace each other, not require each other. See ...

Spoiler :
@Faustmouse

Some stuff I assigned to MrAzure which appently he dosn't want to do anymore.

Excrement Holes -> Outhouse -> Garderobe -> Public Toilet -> Sanitation Chamber

Outhouse
Req Tech: Carpentry
Req Resources: Wood OR Prime Timber OR Bamboo
Req Building: -
Cost: 30
Req Power: No
Obsolete Tech: Modern Sanitation

• +1 :mad:
  • -4 Disease

---

Garderobe
Req Tech: Sanitation
Req Resources: Stone OR Marble OR Bricks
Req Building: Sewer System
Cost: 105
Req Power: No
Obsolete Tech: Personalized Health

• -8 Disease

---

Public Restrooms
Req Tech: Modern Sanitation
Req Resources: Paper
Req Building: Sewer System AND Water Pipes
Cost: 520
Req Power: Yes
Obsolete Tech: Homo Superior

• -16 Disease
  • +1 :health: with Soap

---

Sanitation Chamber
Req Tech: Personalized Health
Req Resources: Computers
Req Building: Sewer System AND Water Pipes AND Computer Network
Cost: 4250
Req Power: Yes
Obsolete Tech: -

• -32 Disease
  • +1 :health: with Soap
  • +1 :health: with Service Bots

---

Many Thanks In Advace! :goodjob:

This is not my wonder, I think its Vokarya and I think its so expensive because it actually spawns seafood resources on the map when made. Note that even great farmers cannot make sea resources.

It is one of Platyping's, one that I added. It gets its cost from where it is in the tech tree and yes it does add resources to the map. It can add many! there is a 50% chance it will add a resource to each sea plot that does not have a resource on it. This means it has flow on affects to Sid's Sushi Company.

I agree that many wonders don't need to be as expensive as their place on the tech tree indicate. After the explanation above do you still think its cost should be reduced?

Top Bottom