New Game Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosEPh_II

TBS WarLord
Information thread on the upcoming GS changes.

I will be starting soon to add thru the SVN the adjusted Game Speeds (GS) I have been working on.

I have the 1st 3 GS about ready; Normal, Epic, and Marathon.

Snail is next. Should be soon if RL does not interfere as it has been recently.

Eon and Eternity are still a WIP, but their turn Numbers have been reduced from their current 9K and 14K turns respectively.

Also Gold/turn has been reduced in All GS. On avg between 10-15% for each GS.

After the Main set of GS have been adjusted. Then the Option: Updated Unit and Building Costs, will also be repaired to do as it was intended, increase the "Costs of Units and Buildings" by 35%, and Not their build times or update times. It's a bit of a mess in it's current state as it distorts modifiers that have no direct connection to Cost.

Current number of turns for the 1st 3 GS are:
Normal 1064 (100 turn increase)
Epic 1999 (17 turn increase)
Marathon 3015 (45 turn decrease)

Snail is currently being tested at 4915 total turns (a decrease of 65 turns)

Eon is targeted for a 7K turn range.
Eternity is targeted for a 8K turn range.
Their respective target ranges are subject to further changes (they may get slightly longer than their target).

JosEPh

This has been discussed.

JosEPh

I wouldnt work on the 2 higher ones that much, i dont like them anyways, and i am wondering IF we need to put something out as to WE (C2C), will not trouble-shoot if problems occur if anyone uses those 2???

Or just have them in the modmod area IF anyone wants to use them, and just delete them from the normal C2C at this time?? (once u amend them, i mean . .

I wouldnt work on the 2 higher ones that much, i dont like them anyways, and i am wondering IF we need to put something out as to WE (C2C), will not trouble-shoot if problems occur if anyone uses those 2???

Or just have them in the modmod area IF anyone wants to use them, and just delete them from the normal C2C at this time?? (once u amend them, i mean . .

We'll see when I get them finished. Hopefully the balancing I'm doing will make them more scaleable than they are now and more reasonable to use.

And yes I expect some protests at first. ;) But if the protestors are too insistent, then the old ones can be put in the Modmod section with your warning of No Support from the C2C Team.

JosEPh

And yes I expect some protests at first. ;) But if the protestors are too insistent, then the old ones can be put in the Modmod section with your warning of No Support from the C2C Team.

JosEPh

Sounds like a plan. . .

Getting closer to 1st commit. Testing takes time especially with 6 Game speeds.

It will include work done on the Option Upscaled Unit and Building Costs for all GS.

EDIT:
Much more than # of turns changed, but for an FYI here are the current pre-commit # of turns per/GS.
Normal = 1064
Epic = 1999
Marathon = 3015
Snail = 4915
Eon = 7005
Eternity = 8145

JosEPh

For those using the SVN and starting new games I need some specific feedback.

What I need to know is for the GS you selected, with a Prehistoric Era start, at what Date did you achieve Sedentary Lifestyle?

My goal is for each GS to hit Sed. Life at ~ 8000 to 4000BC range.

The feedback will help me fine tune the research rate. And the bigger sample I can get the better the tuning will be.

And for those that are using the Option Upscaled Unit and Building Costs I need feedback on the Gold Cost for units and buildings for that Option vs not using it.

And finally I need to know if you notice a decrease in the amount of Gold overall, especially early game and on the slower GS.

Thank you for your help.

JosEPh

That's wrong. Farming is 10,000 BC, Copper working is 5000 BC, Bronze Working 3300 BC and iron working 1200 BC.

As Sed. Life comes before farming (which is correct), Sed. Life should come between 12,000 en 10,000 BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution

From the discussion we had these were the agreed upon ranges. And we are not trying to be historically "correct" from any world view. This is a game play decision. And this is the feedback range I'm asking for.

JosEPh

return speed of eternity back, if we do not have huge maps :bowdown:

8145 turns for Eternity will play just fine on any big map.

JosEPh

Really big map is impossible, it is bad
128 AI is impossible, it is bad
Eternity 8k instead of 16k turns, this makes it even more worse

Really big map is impossible, it is bad
128 AI is impossible, it is bad
Eternity 8k instead of 16k turns, this makes it even more worse

No one (aside from Firaxis) can do anything about that. What you are asking cannot be done in Civ4, with any mod, because Civ4 cannot address more than 4 GB of RAM. You could have a super-computer with several TBs or even PBs of RAM, it doesn't matter. Civ4 cannot see more than 4 GB.

Only Firaxis could (theoretically) release a version of Civ4 that could overcome that limitation (a 64bit-version that could address up to 16 EB RAM - you could have an entire galaxy to play in with that amount of RAM), but that is very unlikely. Right now they are going to push Civ6, and I don't think they are that interested in updating a game from 2005.

wowa Eternity Never had 16k turns ever.

How many of your eternity games you have personally played made it past 6K turns? I would really like to know and see a screen shot of them.

We have found that we have limits and once we exceed them the problems multiply faster than rabbits can. Your expectations of what we or the Mod can do are unrealistic and unsustainable. Otherwise you are cluttering up this thread.

@ALL,
Now if you are using the latest SVN and you have started a New game with it, then I would like to know when (the game date) and the turn number that you reached Sedentary Lifestyle, plus what Game speed you are using. I need this data to go with my test results to fine tune each Game Speeds.

Edit: I also need to know what Level of Difficulty you are playing on.

JosEPh

Eternity was 14305 turns

No offense, but pls get over it, thx. Joe is doing the best he can, and right now, nobody else wants to tackle stuff like this, so Kudos to Joe!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom