[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

What again needs to be done in order to shorten the massive loadtime of the mod ? Some time ago i read that putting certain files in a certain folder will acclerate the loadtime...

it be nice if there is a shorter load time. Hey Keal, what are the new features? are you going to change the combat system to your own custom combat or use Dale's Combat mod?

darkedone02 said:
it be nice if there is a shorter load time. Hey Keal, what are the new features? are you going to change the combat system to your own custom combat or use Dale's Combat mod?

No plans to rewrite combat or incorporate dales mod. Here is the changelist for 0.16 so far: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171497

Kael said:
That is odd, I havent had any other reports of CTD's and its working fine for me. Maybe something got messed up with all of the patches (there certainly has been a ton).

Could you try:

1. deleting your FallfromHeaven2015 directory.
2. redownloading and reinstalling the full mod (FallfromHeaven2015i.exe).
3. redownloading and reinstalling the patch (FfH2015j.exe).

If that doesn't solve your problem see if you can get me a copy of a save game right before it crashes and I will check it out.

Kael, did as you suggested and it`s been fine for quite some hours play now so it seems it was just my install that was bad. Thanks for the help.

I just feel like stepping in and bragging about the load time on my computer. I have timed it, and it takes about 1 minute, 28 seconds. I would assume that that is alot quicker than what you guys are experiencing, because i dont mind waitin a minute and a half at all.:)

jafink said:
I just feel like stepping in and bragging about the load time on my computer. I have timed it, and it takes about 1 minute, 28 seconds. I would assume that that is alot quicker than what you guys are experiencing, because i dont mind waitin a minute and a half at all.:)

It all depends on how quickly your computer can copy 400 meg of data. I don't know what method Civ4 uses to perform the copy but it seems pretty unoptimized because I definitly get better time with a straight windows file copy.

Playing the civ that are the jesters, established runes of k.... religion, first great prophet was able to build his great building in founding city. The next greatbuilding wyrmhold ..?.. could not be built in that city. Was it supposed to be able to be built.

Noticed a computer player with 4 fire mana, is there a reason to go beyond 3?

Once you make a node and destroy it you can only remake that same node?
makes sense either way.

Is there a unit to create land, tsunami destroys land?

Webrider said:
Playing the civ that are the jesters, established runes of k.... religion, first great prophet was able to build his great building in founding city. The next greatbuilding wyrmhold ..?.. could not be built in that city. Was it supposed to be able to be built.

Noticed a computer player with 4 fire mana, is there a reason to go beyond 3?

Once you make a node and destroy it you can only remake that same node?
makes sense either way.

wyrmhold is the holy building for cult of the dragon, which is only foundable by the kuriotaes or sheamim(sp?)

the AI probally built eternal flame which give 3 fire mana, and requires one to build, so they'd have a total of 4. usually having over three is a waste unless you want to trade, which is sometimes good, AI seems to like fire mana alot

thre's no way to undo a tsunnami's damage as far as i know

BiffQJ said:
These changes seem fantastic Kael. When will it be out?

We havent set a release date yet. No time soon.

darkedone02 said:
Very nice update list there, but are you going to change the music to something different then the samn music from fall from heaven 1?

Sorry man, no plans to add any new tracks at this point. There is a lot of new music in that wasnt in FfH1 but I try to keep the download a reasonable size. Since 0.16 may be the last version for a while maybe someone will release a music mod for it that adds tracks.

I started a game as the evil alignment Sheaim. Yet i notice now im neutral. What happened? Did my civics, diplomatic or religeous actions cause it to change? Now all the evil people who i was friends with are kind of wary toward me :(

-Apparat

Did you adopt Runes of Kilmorph as your state religion? You can't be evil and follow Runes of Kilmorph

Ah ya, perhaps thats it. Thanks.

On another note. I notice the Tower of Necromancy doesnt increase the strength of skeletons that already exists, but only of new ones that are then summoned.

Also my adepts who summoned a skeleton before the tower are able to summon one more of the stronger skels ones after the tower is built, hence each adept produces 2 skeletons. But after the tower is built adepts can only summon one skeleton each

Are these bugs or suppose to be like this?

-Apparat

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out, it was the Bonus skels that the Tower gives,,,.

Kael said:
Sorry man, no plans to add any new tracks at this point. There is a lot of new music in that wasnt in FfH1 but I try to keep the download a reasonable size. Since 0.16 may be the last version for a while maybe someone will release a music mod for it that adds tracks.

Why is this the last update for a while?

Webrider said:
Why not making another spell (earthquake? volcano erruption?) that will affect units just like tsunami, but it will create land out of ocean, hills out of flatlands and peak out of hills?

Oops have not been saying anything in a long while but here are somethings i noticed in 0.15j

1. Other than the name "Airlift" I was air lifting newly built units then immediately promoting with the movement promotion allows them movement immediately after airlift. Was useful in mass moving disciples for quick culture or temple from priests
2. Marksmen promotion/unit keep killing workers
3. The use of a disciple's "Great Work" for instant no unrest after capturing a city (tactic found when comboed with Nexus and No. 1)
4. Trojan horse gaining exp seems to provide no promotion
5. Use a Archmage to cast Unyielding order then replace with another Archmage while removing the first Archmage seems to allow Unyielding order to remain casted not sure if it applies to other Disciple units
6. What is the use of extra mana nodes for example like Eternal flame, I seem to get lvl 2 of the skill but not lvl 3 is it intended?
7. Automated workers seems to favour Body Nodes (was lazy to build roads everywhere)
and finally 8. Can some one explain how long is Valor is in effect and how much is the bonus?

Abit too much I know Hope it is not too much of a bother

Did inflation get bumped up in this mod? I have total expenses of 233 for my empire at the moment yet 98 is from inflation. Thats almost half and seems more than in the normal game.

Eddiit said:
Why is this the last update for a while?

Because we are starting the next phase, "Fire" and will mostly be doing high level design and prototyping for a while.

Top Bottom