Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

We played a multiplayergame with patch F and got OOS every time someone would actively attack other units.

We started multiple games - the problem persisted.

A suggestion: It seems to me that the Svartalfar aren't different enough from the Ljosalfar...just the "evil" version with few other real changes. Playing on Faeryl's status as the "Winter Queen" and the attendant lore I might suggest that Svartalfar units be given the Winterborn promotion to reflect their affinity for wintery conditions. And if Winterborn doesn't automatically grant a work speed bonus on tundra and ice/snow is there a way to make it do so? I already suggested to Jean Elcard in the FlavourMod thread that it might be a good idea to give the Svartalfar an affinity for forest/tundra terrain and the Ljosalfar an aversion to tundra terrain to solve an issue brought up by another player in which the Ljosalfar seemed to often end up in tundra due to their forest affinity and the fact that many tundra squares are forested. :cool:

We played a multiplayergame with patch F and got OOS every time someone would actively attack other units.

We started multiple games - the problem persisted.

Thanks - Xienwolf was looking into this one already and (I think) found a fix for it. Was related to the code that prevented you accidentally attacking units in unexplored squares (no more scouts attacking invisible elephants).

A suggestion: It seems to me that the Svartalfar aren't different enough from the Ljosalfar...just the "evil" version with few other real changes. Playing on Faeryl's status as the "Winter Queen" and the attendant lore I might suggest that Svartalfar units be given the Winterborn promotion to reflect their affinity for wintery conditions. And if Winterborn doesn't automatically grant a work speed bonus on tundra and ice/snow is there a way to make it do so? I already suggested to Jean Elcard in the FlavourMod thread that it might be a good idea to give the Svartalfar an affinity for forest/tundra terrain and the Ljosalfar an aversion to tundra terrain to solve an issue brought up by another player in which the Ljosalfar seemed to often end up in tundra due to their forest affinity and the fact that many tundra squares are forested. :cool:

I'm not sure there's a need for that much more differentiation (the two civs really do play very differently already) but the Winterborn for the Winter court is an interesting point. The main sticking point there would be that Elves are naturally weak vs cold (-25% resistance) so the Winterborn would only make it less of a penalty rather than a bonus, though the Tundra/Ice benefits would remain...

I'm not sure there's a need for that much more differentiation (the two civs really do play very differently already) but the Winterborn for the Winter court is an interesting point. The main sticking point there would be that Elves are naturally weak vs cold (-25% resistance) so the Winterborn would only make it less of a penalty rather than a bonus, though the Tundra/Ice benefits would remain...

Maybe add a "Winter Court" civ trait or something that gives Winterborn plus a small bonus vs. cold to negate the cold penalty (no bonus either)?

I don't think the Winter Court should be made to have bonuses in the cold weather terrains. They didn't rule colder areas, they ruled the same lands in the winter. They were upset by this because it meant that they only ruled when the weather was not conducive to getting anything done. Faeryl would clearly have preferred to rule in the Summer.

I guess I could be open to making the Dark Elf promotion loose the cold penalty though.

I don't think the Winter Court should be made to have bonuses in the cold weather terrains. They didn't rule colder areas, they ruled the same lands in the winter. They were upset by this because it meant that they only ruled when the weather was not conducive to getting anything done. Faeryl would clearly have preferred to rule in the Summer.

True...back then. However, after hundreds of years of cultural and perhaps genetic divergence, the Svartalfar may have learned to get things done in wintery conditions after all. I assume it wasn't JUST a government thing in the first place, some sort of power-sharing arrangement...there had to have been some differences between those elves who followed Arendel's Summer Court and those who aligned themselves with Faeryl's Winter Court. Otherwise why bother? One government ruling all the time would have been much more efficient... :D

You can keep playing the old version without any issue, even if you already deleted your copy of FfH 2.034. New features from 040 will not be a part of FF until we release an updated version though.

I think it would be better to wait so that FFH 0.40 is stabilised before using any new features from it. In the meantime, perhaps it would be possible to release a patch that addresses the already fixed bugs?
I mean, it is implied by your replies in some threads that you have already fixed some bugs in your dll, however, these fixes are not available for download... please? :please:

We are getting VERY close to having our new version ready. It isn't so much about updating to include features from 040 (as the scenarios require that you use FfH 2 for them to run anyway), as it is about including features we are working on for FF and making sure that crashes aren't so common as to make it unplayable.

Are you getting closer to improving game/processing speed?

Could be better. From my side the loading speed improvements for End of Winter and Flavour Start are in. I'll take a look at the Hell Terrain spread delays on the coming weekend. That is, if I pass my test in Computational Neuroscience tomorrow ...

May be somenone has already ask this question :blush:

but where can i find Fall from Heaven 2 034h ??

Thanks, I love this modmod.

:goodjob:

hey Vehem, Xien or whoever. Any date set for the next release? havent been lurking much lately so i apologise if you've posted it already

No, not posted on this thread. We are all anxiously waiting... But of course I am sure that there is a lot of CtD hunting at this moment.

Dear all, i need some help finding Fall from heaven 2 034.
I have downloaded fall from heaven 2 and the lastest mod install them and they run fine. I tried to play fall further and down load the main fall further mod and the patch. however the main mod would not install because "C:\programfiles.....\ source file fall from heaven 2 034 doesn't exist" im not sure where i go wrong please help. i tried to find mod 034 for fall from heaven 2 but can't seem to find it anywhere.

much appreciate for any help. Cheer

I may have an installation of FFH 2 v 0.34, but I am not sure if I have kept the patches... I do have it installed, but I don't think this would do you any good...

Top Bottom