Randomness of Civ

All right, turnset go!

Turn 0: We seem to be doing spectacularly well... let's see if I can screw it up! *hits Enter*

Turn 1: Bad luck all around as I lose a spectacular amount of units in a Portuguese counterattack from Evora. Our southern stack is... pretty much gone. So is the garrison of our southern city on that continent. So is most of our navy around Carthage... I have no idea what to do here. We lost, well, a LOT... I seriously have no idea what to do. I mean, we still have a northern stack, but we have basically no southern stack now. I dunno what to do here. Someone tell me?

Save enclosed to give you guys a better look at the situation.

Wow I suck

Well, if all that happened on your first interturn, not much you could have done about it.

Had a quick look, don't think the situation is that bad.
- Take Oporto immediately and move with those massive SoDs we have there towards Guimaraes.
- Retreat the 5 units next to Evora SE in the forest, turn after to Thaenae.
- Use the galleon 1N2E from Carthage to chain galleon 3 more units to Thaenae.
- Build defender in Thaenae (LB) and whip next turn, repeat when possible
- Draft NOW in Thracian. This city could also whip musket/cuir every other turn for some time. No need for boats in both these cities atm.
- Whip cuirs at Leptis every other turn.
- Beware of cuirs coming out of the fog heading for Lisbon/Oporto (after you capture it). Lisbon is too lightly defended for such surprises.
- Try to get to rifles asap!
- Don't forget to draft every turn max number of units.
- HE city should build cuirs imo

The idea is to try to make a stand in the south at Thaenae, while advancing in from the north. Of course we're still way more powerful than Boudi (1.6), likely the units you see at Evora is the only significant SoD she has. When she wants to talk, evaluate the situation. If she won't cap yet, take Guimaraes and move on... This of course provided you don't lose too many units from now on.

Right. Sorry, I totally forgot I had to do that! I'll get it done. Today or tomorrow. One of the two.

Ehehe, I'm sorry. I've been a bit busy with life-changing events. I'll get to it today.

Or on second thought, thanks to the wonders of real-life issues, maybe not. :rolleyes: Requesting a skip, and very humbly apologizing for the deep delay I've caused this game.

Ok, got it! I'll work on it today.

Played 3 turns, there's a huge stack of grenadiers & trebs just outside of Guim in the fog

ok, applied the thoughts from nocho

played through Rifling. Booty capped finally, marked 3 SoD to take to Fred
Got Corp from Booty

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1884.CivBeyondSwordSave
    425.6 KB · Views: 49
Huh, I missed that you played already.

I'll look at the save tomorrow, nocho's up right?

Missed it too, please don't edit an old post for a new report, or nobody will notice until much later.

Got it, will take a few days before I can play though. Still have apocalypto in the queue too.

Get our SoDs in place for the German Spaniards (aka Mallorcans) and declare.

Half bulb physics and hope to trade it with our vassals for steam power. We're having money problems (in strike currently!) though next turn we'll be okay. Anyhow, virtually all our cities are building military, I think I'll get quite a few on wealth to push our research. After physics I'd pursue Bio, which we already have beakers invested into. Try to generate some cash from resource and tech deals.

I'll play somewhen between the next 2 and 50 hours. ;)

Played the set.

We meet a new guy, a colony of Gilgamesh.

Us being Randomness, we get some events where for the sake of it take the "best" option.

And we position our troops for the Kingdom of Mallorca and make short work of it, despite of the odd machine gun and some annoying destroyers which are unmatched by our medieval fleet. Despite of this, Fred kisses the ring after we swept the core of his mainland and after kicking him out of our continent, with a little help from our friends the Amerorussians, who took a city too. The spoils of war in a picture:

Meanwhile we teched physics (blew the GS on it for half the tech) and bio, traded bio for steam power with our vassal. Somewhere also picked up Military Science. Have a turn in Assembly Line. Fred has railroad and Wash nearly has it, so we can likely trade for that later. Our SoD is in Barcelona, with more subSoDs in other recent adquisitions. Bulk of the cities currently is building wealth. Again plead guilty to worker automation. :p

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1897.CivBeyondSwordSave
    460.8 KB · Views: 54
Got it, will look at the save sometime soon.

Ok the plan: move troops towards Aztec empire, start war, take Tenochtitlan and whatever more cities necessary for capping Gilgy. Don't think I'll get much further.

Top Bottom