Randomness of Civ

Agree with the moving. I guess you can do that cripp and post a shot.

We should also discuss civics. HR, bur, merc are quite obvious iirc. Slavery too ofc. Maybe OR, we should get one of the religions on turn 5 or 6 right?

Seems Lib should be pretty easy with Caste/Merc at the start. Don't you start with 3 or 4 pop on settle. That's 3 or 4 scientists immediately. build culture on first turn to pop cap faster so pigs can be improve sooner. Worker can chop forest during that time. half bulb Edu and amass gold before getting up library.

Seems Lib should be pretty easy with Caste/Merc at the start. Don't you start with 3 or 4 pop on settle. That's 3 or 4 scientists immediately. build culture on first turn to pop cap faster so pigs can be improve sooner. Worker can chop forest during that time. half bulb Edu and amass gold before getting up library.

well at start the AI bonuses get them to EDU much sooner

It actually is pretty tough to find tech which AI's don't get sooner then us...
But i played only the challenger Ren start game (twice) and that is pangeaish, so you meet all AI's from start, not sure how this will work out on "archipelago"

I think you're right we will have 3 pop and some infrastructure once settling city, I think granary it should be, not sure with anything else though.

One another thing... on this starts it usually is cheaper to capture new cities then to settle yourself due to the cost of settlers since they are scaled.

But depends if we meet someone, if we get iron too. Knights are good for first ~40 turns. I actually wiped 3 AI's that way, made trebs+Knights army. First AI was killed with Knights only ofc.

Ren starts get some good basic infra automatically - gran, forge,aqueduct, lighthouse. No culture buildings or Libraries. Libs will be the first key building (only thing you need for some time), but workboats/cap Library first, unless you go war. I think getting that first GS asap is important, so caste/merc/bureau/hr to start and switch to slavery (and maybe OR) after first GS. Then whip library and more workers - cities will grow by that point. 1st worker is fine for that time. chop a WB immediately and improve pigs.

You will win Lib and then can trade Edu for something like PP

It's possible you might not get your own religion....luck o' the dice

hmm settling on GH is always meh, but seeing the surroundings I tend to agree.

city 2 I would place 1SE of the other pig.

Would switch into the civics T0 (so few turns of anarchy, worker moves to improve tiles/choppings)

not sure I would build culture, we have palace and WB looks like bigger prio.

IHT-
moved settler 1E to hill, other settler goes toward pig
hit enter

Turn 2
Settle Carthage > :culture:
Worker starts corraling the horses
Civics switch to HR,Bur,Caste,Merc

Turn 3
Meet Joao II of Native America
Spoiler :

Need to discuss City 2 placement
Spoiler :

1S on the hill will give us fish/pig/iron

muhaha did I hear Knights rush here now?

Dunno would maybe slightly prefer settling 1S of iron and leave the pigs spot for another city...

Turn 3
Meet Joao II of Native America
move settler/lb to iron/fish
Spoiler :

Turn 4
settle Utica > worker hire Artist
Spoiler :

Turn 5
Carthage border pop > wb, hire Scientist
find Joao real close

Turn 6
Christ is founded in Utica, don't convert yet
Sign OB with Joao to scout
Spoiler :

Turn 7
Utica border pop, hire Eng to speed up worker

Turn 11
Carthage wb > wb

Turn 12
Meet Fred of Spain, trade wm > wm+15:gold:
Spoiler :

Meet Washington of Russia
Spoiler :

:science: to 0%

End on turn 15

Spoiler land :

Looks like Joao can be taken out fast once the iron is hooked up.
Carthage wb> barracks > stable > knights
Utica worker > wb > ^^

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1360.CivBeyondSwordSave
    86.8 KB · Views: 41
Ok, will give it a look today... Am I up, or vra? What's the roster order generally speaking?

looks good :) i think we aim for knights rush

worker 2 is in 1T, iron mine 4T, road 2t so 7T of preparations for whipping knights.

Capital could build another worker at size 3 and then just grow imo.

Native america city 2 is on Ivory, so should probably be target 1 imo

btw they are already WHEOORN against someone? is it us?

Will have a look and comment later. Can I make a suggestion on the roster? I would suggest setting the 2 "noobs" (Idiots and myself) to not play directly after each other. If we make a mistake in our turn, I think it would be better having a higher level player afterward to "clean up" rather than 2 (possibly) "sub-par" sets after each other...

Sounds good to me. Vranasm seems to have a plan for coming turns so he's up, woopdeedoo on deck. I have the :whipped: ready after that. :mischief:

Adjusted roster:
  1. cripp
  2. vranasm - Up
  3. woopdeedoo - On deck
  4. nocho
  5. Sengir
  6. IdiotsOpposite

Just wanted to note we're in caste which complicates whipping knights. :p Frankly don't think caste was worth it, but never mind...

Another round is played then ;-)

I decided to stick with the science spec in capital (I guess we want academy?) and spare the chop for next turn into worker (not being sure with the OF here)

Interesting we got so much OF and multipliers that the worker is 1T build
Spoiler :

We meet DeGaulle of Celtia
Spoiler :

Freddy built Swedagon Paya
Spoiler :

Capital starts on rax+stable

And we meet Boudica of portuguese...
Spoiler :

I open borders with Celtia
Spoiler :

we should get some TR's

She is on the other landmass... in theory there should be water connection
Spoiler :

but still not active

Washington wants OB
Spoiler :

I don't see harm in accepting...

T22 I realize we are in caste and not slavery. We have christianity in both cities... that offers interesting dilemma...
Should I switch into slavery+theo? And christianity next turn...

but we didn't discuss this, so I will not do this. But we surely should discuss this ;-)

We are not the most cultured civ
Spoiler :

T24 and we can start building knights
Spoiler :

We find celtic borders
Spoiler :

T26 and Notre Dame is built
Spoiler :

bleh unknown civ

i want to explore a bit the Celts empire
Spoiler :

And Freddy built another wonder...
Spoiler :

interesting ;-) too bad native america isn't active on this front :-(

And we have our first Knight muhahaha
Spoiler :

Washington wants from us to break our OB with portugues... I deny
Spoiler :

well and that is mine 15 turns ;-)

As I see it we should switch into slavery + theo it's 1T switch. Our city 2 doesn't have stables and we need the production of slavery.

I would switch into christ right after.

I would attack native america with ~6 knights... so that's matter of ~15 turns...

We are on the same landmass with celts north. Portguese is probably other landmass or some complicated access.

the 2 workers should connect with roads towards city 2, we need the better movement of troops and capital has enough tiles, we will whip there a lot.

edit:

omg I know now why we don't get AI trade routes...we are in merc! oh god I am so dumb ;-)

well I would stay in merc for awhile, everyone else is in merc anyway.

I'd go for slavery/theo + christ asap as well. Whip out an army, next turnset we can start conquering.

Top Bottom