New screens! Now with small units!!!

SonicX said:
Now, another very small problem I have with the graphics are the beachlike river beds. Most rivers have green and dirt next to the water, not sand :)
However, it's a small issue, nothing I'm concerned about :)
thats true.. maybe they started off the graphics going after their "happy and colorful world" goal, which included bright blue rivers with sandy white riverbeds?

warpstorm said:
I love the color scheme (of cource it is similar to the one I used for WWT). And I like the bigger guys better. These will be too hard to tell when you are zoomed out to a playeble distance.

It's possible that they stay the same size no matter how zoomed out you are. It's less realistic, but if it was done, it was to stop the unit size critisism. Or, you can change the unit size in game.

ThERat said:
units looks better, terrain still messy and cluttered. By the way, did anyone notice. In the 3rd screenshot, all things seem to be arranged diagonal, but the Civ borders are in the normal x-y axis arrangement. Seems a little odd to me :confused: Any comments?

It's been this way for quite a while already... It seems they wanted to make things look more organic and seemless and LESS like a checker board. I think its Excellent!

nicae said:
thats true.. maybe they started off the graphics going after their "happy and colorful world" goal, which included bright blue rivers with sandy white riverbeds?
It's been like that in Civ III too. I don't regard it as a real problem though, because if you want things to be too realistic you get a crappy game like RailroadTycoon III where you can distinguish anything from anything else due to the lack of contrast. So I understand why ...
And you gotta admit, blue rivers look better than light-brown rivers like the Amazone and such ;)

Oh one more request :
Please, I really wanna see a modern age screenshot ... how do modern cities, tile improvements, units etc look ??? I wanna know :)

I hope that there are indeed three movement levels (simple road, advanced road, railroad), and that they age well. I assume that in modern times the unpaved road will be a normal asphalt road and the paved road will be a highway.

Note the sky brownishness in the split external palace shot. A new representation of the "global warming"/pollution levels, perhaps?

SonicX said:
And you gotta admit, blue rivers look better than light-brown rivers like the Amazone and such ;)
sure. but what about dark blue, like colonization? that looked nice! or is it the nostalgia is making my mind? :)

I'm down with the smaller units... the guys in each unit look way less scrunched together, and it hides the not so great detailing of the 3D models.

I hope they DON'T unclutter the terrain, as that's definitely one thing that's been missing in Civ since I first started playing it: diversity in the landscape. Yay clutter!

Top Bottom