Small questions about units, UUs and the editor:

FredLC

A Lawyer as You Can See!
Retired Moderator
I am planning to make a few changes in the unities upgrade path, so i wanted to ask this:

It seens to me that you can only attrib one unit that the your unit can upgrade to, like, for instance, "tanks" to "modern armors".

However, if i wish to make "cavalries" upgrade to "tanks", i see a small problem regarding the german UU, the "panzer".

Because, if i set in the editor that "cavaries" upgrade to "tanks", how can i make the german ones upgrade specifically to "panzers"? Or will the editor do it automatically?

Also, i'd like to change the offensive/defensive values of the unities, so i won't get the "weird" results anymore, like sometimes rifleman beating tanks. In that case, i'd like to know if is there any proven set of values that i can simply copy, instead of testing all that myself (i'm a little lazy withe the editor, i admit).

The last thing i wanted to know is the exactly positioning of each UU, so i can implement the new values/upgrade paths without making one of them too much or too little powerful.

Just for example, as i know that the immortals are the persian swordmans, and the panzers are the german tanks, i wanted to know the places of the other UUs in the game.

Thanks, guys.

It's easy. You tanks already upgrade to panzers. That the way they make civs build their UUs instead of the standard unit. They make the standard unit unavailable to that particular civ and make the standard unit upgrade to the UU. Since that particular civ can't upgrade to that unit, it will automatically upgrade to the UU.

Roman Legionary(Swordsman)
Greek Hoplite(Spearman)
Egyptian War Chariot(Chariot)
Indian War Elephant(Knight)
Chinese Rider(Knight)
Japanese Samurai(Knight)
Babylonian Bowman(Archer)
Zulu Impi(Spearman)
Persian Immortals(Swordsman)
American F-15(Jet Fighter)
Aztec Jaguar Warrior(Warrior)
Iroquois Mounted Warrior(Horseman)
English Man-o-War(Frigate)
French Musketeer(Musketman)
German Panzer(Tank)
Russian Cossack(Cavalry)

Yah, and I believe someone is going to move your thread. Next time don't post such stuff here. Post it at "Creation and Customization".

Sorry for the wrong post. It's just that i figured that the "creation and customization" was a place for people discussing changes they made, not for people asking how to work the editor.

Since i've seen so many threads in this forum mentioning changes in the editor (unit values, hidden nationality, resoruces avaiability, lethal bombardment, and those just as examples, because there are many more), i considered this the right place.

I think that sometimes the "place" to post things is a little fluid, but hey, i'm not complaining, just justifying my choice.

If it's actually in the wrong place, moving it IS the right thing to do.

Thanks for the tips, by the way.

Regards :) .

Top Bottom