What is Fall Further? Feature List and FAQ

Long, but I figured it might help either head off questions or help guide people to the documentation.

The Scions of Patria claim they represent the rebirth of humankind's greatest empire and Erebus' best hope for salvation, for life. But the enigmatic Risen Emperor's people are themselves long dead. Are the Scions reindling the glory of a lost age, or harbingers of an unnatural doom? A study in contradictions, within the shining cities of Patria Reborn sophisticated pleasures war with the despair of eternal existance. The Scions' rich markets are full of precious things from the Age of Magic, but traders must seek them through the macabre Haunted Lands. In the Haunted Lands Ghostwalkers melt through and with the shadows, and grotesque mergings of the living and the dead can lead to madness or great wealth. Champions of art and philosophy, the citizens of Patria Reborn also worship their Risen Emperor with burning fanaticism.

Full citizens of Patria Reborn are all undead. Cities don't gain population by accumulating Food. Instead they entice Awakened citizens out of the Bottomless Tomb with desirable resources or attractive Civics. Additionally, the Scions may either persuade or forcibly convert members of other civilizations.

Patria Reborn is led either by their Risen Emperor or by Korrina, guardian of the Emperor's Mausoleum. Under Korrina the Scions may adopt other religions. The Risen Emperor is "Agnostic", but provides access to units and buildings of a state religion. When the Risen Emperor rules Korrina is the Scions' Hero, and visa versa.

The Scions also have access to the four Grand Councilors of the Dark Council: Pelemoc Goldtongue, Themoch the Silent Watcher, Melante the Artful Governor, and Alcinus the Mad Thaumaturge.

Most Scions units are undead and many have unusual abilities. The Melee line features Headless spearmen and heavy infantry formations. The Recon line contains skirmishers, transforming Reaching Creepers and Ghostwalkers, and the terrible Horned Dread. The Arcane line has Necromancers, Corpus spells, and Mana types chosen partially at random by the mad Alcinus.

The Haunted Lands are the Scions' special terrain Feature. Along with Commerce and combat benefits it inhibits the growth of other civilizations, spawns Reaching Creepers, shelters Haunts, and can place a variety of curses on invaders, including transformation into hostile undead.

There are several "Concept" Civlopedia entires and online documentation here.

So might wanna add this to the FAQ, although I am the only one that apperently ever had this propleme:

To what location/path should the installer point?

Also, I would like to see a detailed documantation of FF (all new civs, their unique units, list of all their unique buildings, and their world spells). Crucify me if there is already something like this or if it is too hard, but I would like to see what I am up against before I try this mod. I think I will stop babbling now...

Also, I would like to see a detailed documantation of FF (all new civs, their unique units, list of all their unique buildings, and their world spells). Crucify me if there is already something like this or if it is too hard, but I would like to see what I am up against before I try this mod. I think I will stop babbling now...

That's something I'd like to get done soon as well. I suspect I may borrow the Manual templates from Xienwolf and start adding sometime during the 05x cycle...

I played this game once before, when the older version was out. I just played two games (wanted to check out various leaders aside from the Archos, which I really liked before) today, and I just wanted to say...this is outstanding.

I played as the Kahdi, and the feel of that civ, is perfect for me. Research based, magic based, something along the lines of the Planar Gates but for research (I don't know what comes out of them, as I had only just built the first one before I had to exit). I really like the flavor of this game, and it seems even better than when I got into my archos thing a while back (loved playing as them!).

I also really love what you've done with exploring lairs, villages, dungeons, barrows, etc. I had a couple of scouts die, and a scout get a hostile result. But, there was one scout I had that explored several villages, barrows, dungeons, and even an epic dungeon, and get nothing but positive results (aside from plagued which was quickly offset by the other results). Right before exploring an epic dungeon (the Pyre of Seraphic), I got an adventurer promotion, for better results, and ended up getting an adventurer out of the pyre. I don't think I've ever had a result like that from there.

So yeah, very fun game, lots of flavor, a lot of variety, and a lot of fun with some risk while exploring. Thanks for an awesome mod mod!

First, this is a great modmod and I am enjoying it.
I' ve got some question concerning the wetlands and Deep Jungles:

Do wetlands spread to plain tiles and/or worked tiles (cottage, farm, etc.)?

Is it intended that Deep Jungle is cut by building an improvement on a marsh terrain tile?

Is it possible to build cottages on wetlands? (I didn't even had the option to do this)

Should swamps remove forests and deep jungles by spawning?

what does "automatically pillages enemy" mean? It shows up for the ring of carcer and something else that i can't remember.

Brigit is a demon in this game?

[to_xp]Gekko;7768912 said:
what do you need to be able to use Pax Diabolis?

State Religion of Ashen Veil, currently at War with the Demons, 2000 Hammers, Double production speed with Entropy Mana, 1 per team.

Completing the Ritual preparations allows any unit in the city to cast the spell, destroying the city, converting a lot of the population into Manes (if Hyborem is around) and gaining peace with the Demon civ.

Abandoning AV will result in war with the demons again.

Sheaim under AV are automatically granted peace with the demons - they don't need to complete the ritual.

thanx for the reply. you might want to add this information to the civilopedia since it just says you get double speed with entropy mana, but doesn't list any prerequisite ;)

too bad I'm OO and not willing to switch to AV. I'm gonna have to summon Basium to help me deal with those damn demons... all those azers are driving me nuts :lol:

Hey, so sometimes when I get one of the "make a hard choice" events, such as the one where you have to pick who to convict for a woman's murder, you get the green notification that your people are pleased with your wisdom. Cool. But what does it do? I don't remember ever getting this in regular FfH, but perhaps I just make a lot of bad choices.

It is an event from base FfH. The "right choice" is based on your current civics. And I personally don't recall what the benefit is of making the right choice (or penalty of a wrong one) I would imagine it is temporary happiness though.

It is an event from base FfH. The "right choice" is based on your current civics. And I personally don't recall what the benefit is of making the right choice (or penalty of a wrong one) I would imagine it is temporary happiness though.

The "governor assassinated" one is based on your civics.

The murdered wife event - the correct answer is always the husband, regardless of your civics.

And yes, it is a temporary happiness boost for getting it right. The penalty for getting the answer wrong is a temporary anger increase.

I think the OP of this thread could do with some updating. Many neat things aren't mentioned, and some of the things that are mentioned, are now out of date.

I'm basing my thoughts here on the assumption that a feature list is intended to "sell" the mod. It will mostly be read by people who haven't tried it yet, and it's general purpose is to convince them to do so, by saying "look at all this cool stuff we have"

I'll try to sum up the things I noticed:

"Bugs"

Seven Pines and Bradeline's well are mentioned as new unique features. These are now in base FFH.

The Sidar divided soul unit is mentioned. FFH has this too.

explorable lairs, also in FFH. although I don't think the Adventurer promotion is.

Diverse citysets. I think FFH has this to some extent, although I notice balseraph buildings in FF are tents and such. Maybe it should say "more diverse citysets", and mention how it improves that part of FFH, rather than saying it's a completely new feature.

Omissions

The part about the lizardman races doesn't really explain much. For the mazatl, it should mention their 3 types of priests, and that their hero is a lesser dragon, of sorts.

The Khadi part ought to mention something about the ease with which they can get mages. And also about the vault creatures.

The austrin part is kind of short in general. maybe could do with some fleshing out. like say what windswords are.

nothing is mentioned about ranged attacks, which are an awesome thing and ought to be mentioned.

The great engineer buildings are not mentioned. They allow a lot of pretty nice equipment, and are a major feature.

The various buildings that give xp over time to certain unit types, make a significant change in military aspects of FF. These ought to be mentioned.

Just the things I can think of for now. There's probably more.

Top Bottom