Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. That's an interesting point. I wouldn't mind an extended game. I know I could just play one more turn but that just doesn't feel the same.

A bit of a long-term thought:

When we reach the year 2020 in real life, will you push back the year the game ends?
If that ever becomes a problem I should probably stop working on DoC :lol:

Maybe 2020 will be the actual end of the world and we won't have to worry about it :lol:

A quick question. Is it possible to determine whether Hamburg or Lubeck will appear during the AI HRE spawn? Or is which one that appears randomly generated?

A quick question. Is it possible to determine whether Hamburg or Lubeck will appear during the AI HRE spawn? Or is which one that appears randomly generated?
Yeah, it's random, to create the illusion of actual AI intelligence :mischief:

Hello everyone from Seville, Spain. I do not speak English so I'm writing by google translator. It is the second time I mention something in this forum, the first was a couple of years ago to ask why I could not play this mod and helped me Leoreth telling me to change the game language to English. Since then I've enjoyed, but almost always play with Spain and I'm always thinking about tinkering map for the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa.
My question is this, and do not roll it over ... Can I change myself where civilizations and their core boxes appear? I say this because I have moved one space to the west across the Iberian peninsula to give more realism to the Riviera, the Balearic Sea and the Alboran Sea. I've also added some in northern Morocco to meet the Strait of Gibraltar.
Greetings all !!

Attachments

• Espana_N.Africa.jpg
    Espana_N.Africa.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 486
Hi, I hope this translates well back to Spanish. Map changes aren't that easy because a lot of the code assumes a static underlying map.

Some things you can easily change in Python/Consts.py. For instance, tCapitals is a list of spawn locations for all civilizations. The core boxes are defined by their southwestern and northeastern corners in tCoreAreasTL and tCoreAreasBR.

You might also want to adjust the city name maps to your changes, which you can do in CityNameManager.py.

Unfortunately, you are not done yet. The new tiles you added will likely have low settler map values and therefore will be ahistorical even for Spain and Portugal and never be settled by the AI. These can be changed in CvRhyes.cpp. However, that is a C++ source file, so you have to get a compiler and recompile the DLL so that the change can take effect.

I don't see the change. I mean, yes, Spain seems closer to the Azores and I can see where tiles have been made into coast, but when I look at it in relation to Europe it just seems the same.

Hi, I hope this translates well back to Spanish.

It probably won't. In Google translate it pays to write like Billy the hobo, while your English is incredibly cultured.

(I've wondered if that's because, and not in spite of, your primary language.)

A column has been added where Madrid is right now. Originally you were able to reach the silver from Cordoba for instance.

Keep in mind, however, that the AI will always settle where its starting settler is, no matter the settler value.

Hi, I hope this translates well back to Spanish. Map changes aren't that easy because a lot of the code assumes a static underlying map.

Some things you can easily change in Python/Consts.py. For instance, tCapitals is a list of spawn locations for all civilizations. The core boxes are defined by their southwestern and northeastern corners in tCoreAreasTL and tCoreAreasBR.

You might also want to adjust the city name maps to your changes, which you can do in CityNameManager.py.

Unfortunately, you are not done yet. The new tiles you added will likely have low settler map values and therefore will be ahistorical even for Spain and Portugal and never be settled by the AI. These can be changed in CvRhyes.cpp. However, that is a C++ source file, so you have to get a compiler and recompile the DLL so that the change can take effect.
Thanks for your help Leoreth, now I do not have much time since I'm exams but I've been looking at those files and they seem pretty easy to modify, I never thought I came to understand, maybe encourage me to move France one tile to the left to and give greater scope to Germany and Holland.

Not a steam player, can anyone answer this question?

Is there anything special I would have to do differently to install the mod onto the Steam Version of BtS?

Yeah. You would have to go to this address in order to install the mod: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods (or something similar to this)

Thank you! Thank you so much! I've been following this mod for over two years, and I could never get it to work before now. Now I can finally play what I've been wanting to for years. Thank you!

Thank you! Thank you so much! I've been following this mod for over two years, and I could never get it to work before now. Now I can finally play what I've been wanting to for years. Thank you!
Oh wow really?

It took you two years to figure that out? :lol: Nice :lol: Glad to see you aboard baseballpie :D Can't wait to see your DoC stories :D

Indeed it is. It took me two month to understand how to add a mod to Rome: Total war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom