Training Game Interest?

Speaker

Deity
With the school year ending and the summer beginning, I finally have free time.
[dance] [party]:band::beer:
I would be willing to run a Training Game at Monarch or maybe even Emperor and wanted to see if there is still the huge level of interest that there was a while back? We can talk specifics once I find that there are interested players. So, who wants in?

I would sign up. Would prefer Emperor, but will go for MOnarch as well.

Grimjack

I would be very interested in a training game at emperor level. I too have school holidays approaching and this would suit me.

If it's Emperor, I'm in. Are we looking at PTW or vanilla? Mmmm...Vanilla...

in for a emperor TDG. Played on monarch, & regent and playing my first diety with ChrTh & SHard. My ultimate goal is to be able to stand my own on diety and be able to play in one of Lkendter's SG's. Those always seem to look very interesting to play.

There are a couple unique ideas floating around, so let's keep the signups coming. 4 so far, let's get 4 more! This is PTW by the way. I haven't played Vanilla since November and have no real interest in going back, and it wouldn't be a very good learning tool since a lot has changed since 1.29f and few SG are run on Vanilla anymore.

I'm very interested in the oppertunity to learn at the feet of a great player. :worshp: Unfortunatly as a "Spanish Explorer" I may be over qualified for what you are looking for. :(

I must agree with Speaker - training games are to teach skills under normal conditions.

I would like to join, if there are any slots left open.
I am just getting back to CIV III after taking the last 12 months off. I did some SGs then, but that was a loooong time ago!
No real preferences on settings, but I agree with the "no variants" discussion.

Hopefully, we will play with PTW, latest patch?

Thanks...

RJ

I'm interested. Have easily beaten regent, playin a variant monarch SG now. Ideally PTW, unless there is an easy way to turn off PTW.

Sure it could have variant rules :) Here are my suggestions:

- no building of any ancient wonders
- no declaring early wars

As a possible extra, it could be played as a 'naked' game: a civilization with no traits. This would force the players to win based on fundamental skills and growth, rather than rely on civilization traits or certain unique units.

Of course, it could be argued that a training game should teach that what civilization traits one does have should be leveraged. *shrug* :)

Certainly, the civilization chosen to play with should NOT be industrious.

-Sirp.

The naked Vikings had scouts, I'm not sure about Beserkers.

Anyhow, this could be a truly naked game. It could have all civs naked - just have 'civ specific traits' unticked in the game setup. That wouldn't really make it a variant though, since it's using standard rules.

-Sirp.

RBE6 The Naked Vikings only had scouts because I forgot to disable them in the Editor. Their presence did not make any kind of difference and we drew a tough enough start anyway, so I didn't see any reason to restart with that mistake corrected. That game most definitely did not have berserkers enabled.

I'll leave any ideas for this game up to Speaker, since it's his concept. I hope he knows what he's getting into however; training games require a lot of work! There's a reason why they always fill up all their spots in less than 24 hours. Good luck and have fun. :)

AFAIK, Scouts are buildable by everyone if you use the in game non specific civs option, as are the UUs. I would also propose a civ like the ottos. Good traits (we don't need to learn how to play with a handicapped civ) great UU for an easy knight upgrade killage, but that comes later in the game, by when we will have made or broken the game as is.

Top Bottom