The King of the World Throne Room

The Europe map intrigues me. I don't know if I'll use it in a KotW (it's not really the world, after all), but I might. I'm really intrigued by the wide-open spaces. Anyone have any advice/a quick tutorial on "seeding" it with specific Civs in specific locations? Or maybe just a version of the map that's not random in terms of starting spots?

My only advice is to be prepared for a very long game. There is enormous amounts of land and thus tons of cities and slow turns. There was an SG game on that map a while ago - they were saying that 10 turn sets of industrial era warfare were taking several hours to play.

A Ramesses game would be good. Egypt is after all a most important part of classic human civilisation, that you've ignored them, China and greece basically the three most renowned classical civilisations is rather odd.

Spoiler :
If I recall the Europe scenario lacks certain late game resources. I don't know if it's a bug or an oversight or some strange intended mechanic, but I was pretty disappointed when I played a game through to high end techs and found I couldn't build some things.

how about play the 34 civ game again, but this time start in Madagascar or Australia

Although the bloodthirsty zulu are a delightful civ to play or play against, We need diversity and therefore a second game as Shaka Zulu would be rather unlikely.

Of course you could play as Zara Yaqob of the Ethiopians. He was a bloodthirsty monster in his RL reign and his start is absolutely fabulous in CIV. And he's close enough to the zulus that you can simply absorb them and BECOME zulu.

I second the 34 civs Australia start.

Edit: Actually, I have a better idea. As it is, you pretty much own the standard Earth map since you've played it so many times. How about trying a different Earth map? I'd nominate Carter's Earth map (I do believe it's been updated for 3.19). The only thing is that it's literally HUGE, so I'm not sure whether or not your computer can handle it.

(Also, the score doesn't scale properly if you play on anything other than Odyssey, but that's not really linked to game play.)

Hmm... I dig the Carter maps. Especially with the pre-placed Barbarian cities. I'll definitely take them into consideration.

I second the 34 civs Australia start.

Edit: Actually, I have a better idea. As it is, you pretty much own the standard Earth map since you've played it so many times. How about trying a different Earth map? I'd nominate Carter's Earth map (I do believe it's been updated for 3.19). The only thing is that it's literally HUGE, so I'm not sure whether or not your computer can handle it.

(Also, the score doesn't scale properly if you play on anything other than Odyssey, but that's not really linked to game play.)

I just checked this out and it looks to still be BTS 3.13.

While the carter maps were not updated, there was a base giant earth map Carter posted that could be used in just normal civ4 'beyond the sword'. The only problem is that he had to turn all the special resources into normal ones and thus because of the size most of the civs end up with an overabundence of resources. another flaw is that the religions that are founded first become even MORE powerful. Because of the time they have to spread first you get 100's of gold from the religious shrines. Only way around it is to get a added religion mod and pre found some extra religions in barbarian cities.

Apart from that it doesn't take much to adjust it. Though as i'm typing this i don't remember where the base carter map is posted... may just be in the map section. I've got a copy floating around somewhere myself. Never completed a game on it as my computer couldn't handle the end game era's.

So I got to thinking, and just checked my list of games. I've never run a proper conquest game on the Earth34 map! I ran an isolationist Shaka game, and an OCC as France. So I think I'm pretty set. I owe the world an America game, so it's gonna be Lincoln versus the world! A knock-down, drag-out fight starting in the New World and spreading to the Old! Might be a little similar to the Sitting Bull game, but I think the Balkanization of the world (using everyone available) and a difficulty bump up to, say, Deity might make it worth doing! What do you think?

So I got to thinking, and just checked my list of games. I've never run a proper conquest game on the Earth34 map! I ran an isolationist Shaka game, and an OCC as France. So I think I'm pretty set. I owe the world an America game, so it's gonna be Lincoln versus the world! A knock-down, drag-out fight starting in the New World and spreading to the Old! Might be a little similar to the Sitting Bull game, but I think the Balkanization of the world (using everyone available) and a difficulty bump up to, say, Deity might make it worth doing! What do you think?

Didn't you try one with Frederick way back when? How'd that wind up? :p

I cann't imagine a king of the world game I wouldn't like. 34 civs world conquest on Diety level sounds extreme. Looking forward to it.

I support your endeavor to conduct american imperialism on a crowded balkanised Earth. Just remember to Open up Panama and Argentina for the Maya and Inca Respectively, and move Spain to the Coast. It would be much more interesting fighting decent Inca and Maya civs then otherwise and Spain needs the possibility of American colonialism against the heathens of the new world.

I am all for the earth map 34 conquest.

Is there a link to where I can download the earth 34 mod that runs on 3.19 and compatible with the Bug mod????

Didn't you try one with Frederick way back when? How'd that wind up? :p

That was on the Earth map which comes with the game. If I remember rightly Neal got so fed up of the time it took his computer to play a turn of industrial warfare he gave up on it.

Hev you considered doing a random placement of the existing leaders? Modding the Earth-18 map I noticed there was an option called random start-false and thought maybe this can be done. Be interesing to play the Roosevelt game with a completely random start!

Hev you considered doing a random placement of the existing leaders? Modding the Earth-18 map I noticed there was an option called random start-false and thought maybe this can be done. Be interesing to play the Roosevelt game with a completely random start!

But that would let resource rich Europe get divided amongst fewer nations and probably give the rest of the world less land.

America should remain in America, America is no America if there are no Native Americans to Americanise and lead to the American way espoused by generations of Americanised Americans.

Top Bottom