Different graphics?

wisebree

Chieftain
Hi all.
I am playing BNW on a Mac laptop, after having upgraded from vanilla (which I think as a newbie must mean the original Civ 5?), and then G&K through to BNW. Throughout each of the versions I have noticed (whilst looking at YouTube clips) that my graphics are slightly different to those I see online - the fog of war is black, not white 'fog', the gameplay is looking straight down (rather than what appears to be from an angle in the other footage I have seen) and the leaders aren't animated. I'm wondering why this is? - I'm in Australia and downloaded from iTunes... Are there different versions released to different countries?
Thanks (and apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I searched and searched but couldn't find it).

Bree.

This can be changed through the video options. The black should be Fog of War option - Minimal, and the clouds would be low detail etc..

... and the leaders aren't animated....
its in the settings too, if you changed your "UseScreenShots " to the value of 1 on GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini which is located on C:\Users\{!yourusername!}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 then it would not animated and just a SS of that leader. People use this who got minimum specs machines.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom