The Byzantine Empire

I believe what he means is you can automatically buy cataphracts with faith without having to choose Holy Warriors as a (second?) belief. Which is cool if it's indeed true - this would make the UA even more powerful since you can forgo one belief without losing out (at least for cataphracts) and invest the extra belief in other stuff.

All these leaks is making me believe that strong is an understatement for Byzantine. I know, I know, focus on topic, but compare that with what we currently know about Dutch and East India Company. Hmmm...

Precisely this. Thank you.

Wow.. I'm... really.. biting my tongue here!

What even makes you think that? Your logic makes no sense to me? THere's is not even bit of evidence that Byzantiens purchase units for free!? It's a CIVILOPEDIA extract for crying out loud! If you would looked up Warrior or Longswordmen You'd see the "Faith" as well! :mad:

I see your point. You mean to say that the fact that the civilopedia is the source is why it's showing a Faith cost. :(

I see your point. You mean to say that the fact that the civilopedia is the source is why it's showing a Faith cost. :(

The Civpedia just amalgamates the XML data into one spot. So it's likely that faith costs are listed there, on the off chance you choose to use Holy Warriors. It might be misleading, but that's not the first time the Civpedia is wonky ;)

Though, what's the difference between the faith cost and the hammer cost? It could lead us to see how useful the Holy Warriors belief would be in game.

The Civpedia just amalgamates the XML data into one spot. So it's likely that faith costs are listed there, on the off chance you choose to use Holy Warriors. It might be misleading, but that's not the first time the Civpedia is wonky ;)

Though, what's the difference between the faith cost and the hammer cost? It could lead us to see how useful the Holy Warriors belief would be in game.

I think the more important question is the difference between Gold cost and Faith cost in Units.

Are they? I believed the ratio gold_cost/hammer_cost decreased as hammer_cost increased (i.e., for those that don't speak maths, it is more profitable to rush expensive things that cheap ones).

Are they? I believed the ratio gold_cost/hammer_cost decreased as hammer_cost increased (i.e., for those that don't speak maths, it is more profitable to rush expensive things that cheap ones).

I think someone wrote them out a long time ago (for vanilla).

All buildings/units have a base multiple conversion of hammers->gold. Some have adjusted multiples (Classical era stuff mostly, and gold production buildings) but all use the hammer cost as the base number in the formula.

Late game it's more efficient to go all gold than hammers (generally) due to being able to get a massive gold economy going, which is much harder to do with hammers.

Add in the 3 possible gold cost reductions, and it's very cheap to rush buy everything (especially units). The 1000 hammer Nuke costs about the same in gold after the 3 discounts. So it's silly to build it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU :D:D:D:D:D:D:banana::banana::banana::banana::thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx::trophy::w00t::w00t:

Hagia Sophia in the background?
It may be historical, but it can lead to inconsistencies in game:think:

Whoah the Theodora leader screen is very good looking, maybe my favorite so far!

Maybe it's a good thing that they didn't choose Justinian or Constantine.. ;)

I shall henceforth be referring to her as the "evil temptress"
Ironic, since she's thought of by some to be one of the first feminists I think?

Generally not the typical image you have of a feminist...:mischief:

Hmm. Given that it appears that the Byzantines do not get any bonus towards founding a religion in terms of speed, it would seem that they, like the Mayans, are constrained to beeline the 'big faith' buildings/wonders early to get their UA up and running.

Given this, how likely are they to make use of their UUs? I tend to recall that HBR may be more necessary for these techs, but I cannot recall exactly. I really don't like Civs whose UUs do not work with their UAs (even in the 'make up for loss elsewhere' sense). It seems to me that the Byzantine UA and UUs are directly competing for tech priority.

Moderator Action: Given the info MadDjinn posted above and the continued existence of this on 2K's site, we have decided that the info has been released and we will allow you to freely discuss the screenshot and the information contained in links. :)

Thank you for your cooperation during this time. :thumbsup:

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I'm dissapointed that Byzantine's UA requires them to found religion,while they don't have any kind of advantage to accomplish such task .

Top Bottom