AI breaks 1UPT rule.

Callonia

Deity
I got robbed to put it bluntly.

I was quick on my finger so I caught proof of Oda Nobundouche cheating.

Please pay attention to my Mech Infantry to just next to the hex of the Orleans I did all the work and ate three atomic bombs which made two of my experienced rocket artillery die despite dodging one of the bombs and plus a great general. SO this happening didn't quite make me happy.

You will see Orleans firing it's missles at a unit but my mech infantry became invisible and Oda's landship become ghostlike and occupy the hex i'm in and attack Orleans.
Spoiler :

Oda's landship wins the combat and snatches the city away from me despite the "1upt" rule.
Let's just revert back to civ 4 everyone!

sad;lkjdsl;fjsadfjsd;fjsdakf

Spoiler :

I took paris on following turn and win a culture victory then I proceeded to dump 30+ Nukes onto Japan.

Next time I see oda, he dies. Perma war will be declared.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12705767&postcount=5

It's really incredibly hard for one civ to take over the entire world on a huge map in a timely fashion - there's just so much territory to cover.

On topic: where did that landship come from? I don't see it in the first screenshot - for all I know, it embarked and sailed in.

It's really incredibly hard for one civ to take over the entire world on a huge map in a timely fashion - there's just so must territory to cover.

On topic: where did that landship come from? I don't see it in the first screenshot - for all I know, it embarked and sailed in.
Considering there's a 2nd landslip embarked in the 2nd screenshot, I'm guessing you're right and the first one sailed in.

how can you be that late in the game and still have so many civs in the game that expanded? FAIL

Stop hiding in Tiny maps you.

It's really incredibly hard for one civ to take over the entire world on a huge map in a timely fashion - there's just so must territory to cover.

Considering there's a 2nd landslip embarked in the 2nd screenshot, I'm guessing you're right and the first one sailed in.

No, the landship was on the hex number 1.

Spoiler :

And that isn't even mentioning how a landship with 4 movement conveniently ignored two hexes full of fallout.

Looks to me like an unseen embarked landship captured city, landship on tile 1 moved along the railroads and embarked south east of the city.

I've had a civ rush-buy an archer in a city that already had a catapult stationed in it, then attack with both from the same tile in the same turn. Which, combined with the city's attack, wrecked my catapult in one go.

Feel your feels bro :mad:

I've had a civ rush-buy an archer in a city that already had a catapult stationed in it, then attack with both from the same tile in the same turn. Which, combined with the city's attack, wrecked my catapult in one go.

Feel your feels bro :mad:

Are you sure it rush bought? I've had the same when I produced a range unit in a city with another ranged unit and there was not a clear tile next to it. The game allowed me to fire with both and the city, then dumped the new unit out to the nearest tile when I clicked end turn.

The issue here was that it was allowed to attack from an occupied tile while a human player could not? I.e., Germany had all the tiles surrounded so there was nowhere to attack from?

That does seem to be the case. The AI still (almost always) obeys 1UPT, but they're allowed to attack if the combat will result in killing a unit and occupying a tile (while a player can't because there's a random chance it won't kill and there would be two units on the tile). They also get to buy a unit in a city with a unit already in it (or so it seems) and I'm pretty sure I've seen them fire and move.

So, yes, the AI doesn't follow the same rule as the human player, although the end result is still 1UPT.

Saw this happen. After I've beaten up Snappy Nappy in my G&K Culture Persia game (but I was rather generous, he loved me after I gave him a very good peace offer because I didn't want to conquer) and we became allies, he started declaring war on my CS allies. Took one before I could react, so I decided to really defend the second.

I surrounded the city of the CS completely (not a single way to get through), but he still managed to range attack it (I only put people in 1 tile around the city, not two) and then took it with melee despite the fact melee shouldn't be able to reach it in any way.

Thankfully it was only about 5 turns later the DoF was ended and I declared war, liberating stuff and considerably reducing him in size. Yeah, I was then considered a warmongering menace by some, but who cares.

Upload a save or saves.

Edit: Otherwise I think FeiLings explanation is the most logical one.

Upload a save or saves.

Edit: Otherwise I think FeiLings explanation is the most logical one.

Not necessarily. You can clearly see a translucent landship occupying the same square as his mech infantry as he says. Something is clearly amiss, whether it's put the image in the wrong square or there is a glitch with 1UPT. Either way this is not open and shut, there is definitely something wrong here. :confused:

I just want to say wow... this map looks amazing. Can you please give me details of the map? Size and terrain details

Not necessarily. You can clearly see a translucent landship occupying the same square as his mech infantry as he says. Something is clearly amiss, whether it's put the image in the wrong square or there is a glitch with 1UPT. Either way this is not open and shut, there is definitely something wrong here. :confused:

... and that makes a save even better.

Edit: I mean, it is his word and a screenshot. We can guess all we want and it can be invisible units, that has happened before, it can be an embarked unit that attacks (and the landship that we see in ss1 went somewhere else) or it can be something completely different. A save or saves would more pair of eyes to have a better look at it and if it is a bug, a dev could have a look.

The issue here was that it was allowed to attack from an occupied tile while a human player could not? I.e., Germany had all the tiles surrounded so there was nowhere to attack from?

That does seem to be the case. The AI still (almost always) obeys 1UPT, but they're allowed to attack if the combat will result in killing a unit and occupying a tile (while a player can't because there's a random chance it won't kill and there would be two units on the tile). They also get to buy a unit in a city with a unit already in it (or so it seems) and I'm pretty sure I've seen them fire and move.

So, yes, the AI doesn't follow the same rule as the human player, although the end result is still 1UPT.

This. Also, they have some missionary shenanigans where they move next to your city, convert it, and then continue on with the rest of their movement. I feel like there's probably a few more things the AI can do that the player cannot, or at least I wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom