Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Does the AI ever fight each other? I have never seen it happen. Seems a bit lame to me...

Yes, they do declare war on each other, but very seldomly. I´ve seen it a couple of times. It has even happened before the end game when an AI has been close to winning.

What's a good strategy for getting the "Curse of the Drinking glass" achievement on the 360. The achievement requires for a city to produce 200 resources per turn.

The closest I came was 134.
I was America, with a city surrounded by 2 mountains , 2 regular woods, 2 hills, 2 grasslands. I had every singe building built in the city. I changed to communism to see if I could get an extra boost, and achieved the 134.

So is there a trick to it, or it just a matter of placing a city surrounded by mountains?

What's a good strategy for getting the "Curse of the Drinking glass" achievement on the 360. The achievement requires for a city to produce 200 resources per turn.

You could also try getting a few oaks in the radius. I made a heck of a city in a gotw a while back. Also I believe at some point Future tech improves output. I can't saw how or when but I was getting 5-6 per tile in all resources late in a crazy tech game the other day. Also tundra was giving 5 or 6 hammers as well.

I'm on the PS3 tho, so these could be bugs or plain different, or different bugs.

You probably want a couple more mountains or some oak. For me to get it I had to pump the city full of settlers (3-4 settlers were giving my one population increase) until it was size 31. The only squares I had people on were those producing hammers, everyone else was in the city.
I was not America though, so you may not need to go that high w/ their 3x factories.

The closest I came was 134.
I was America, with a city surrounded by 2 mountains , 2 regular woods, 2 hills, 2 grasslands. I had every singe building built in the city. I changed to communism to see if I could get an extra boost, and achieved the 134.

So is there a trick to it, or it just a matter of placing a city surrounded by mountains?

I used the mongols, went near some hills, and then built what I needed to. Of course, it took a lot of tries.

You seem to be doing everything right, but as suggested get more resources in there. Try to get less forests and more hills with things like coal or aluminum on them. You must switch to communism to get it, and it's very easy to get with America because factories triple production. Hills + Mountains = Loads of production.

(Make sure you put the "manage workers" option to "production".)

I just got this with the Mongols as well. 4 mountains, a few hills (one with aluminum on it), and a population of at least 25 did it for me. Oh yeah, build a courthouse so that you can reach as many of those mountains and hills as possible.

On the DS version, anyone know what the little question mark does in the top left hand corner of the screen? and clicking on it seems to cycle between 3 modes.. what are those modes? I cant find my manual anymore :(

Welcome to CFC! [party]

If you select a unit, and click on that question mark, you will note that the *upper* screen changes.

The first mode has an "overlay" on the screen, showing all the functions you can do. It also will display the nationality of enemy units if you move to attack. It's a fairly comprehensive Help system

The next mode clears the overlay, allowing you to see what's beneath. It *does* have a small panel bottom-center, showing what I would call 'non-move' functions for that unit, such as "Y" to fortify, and "X" to create an Army.

The last mode displays nothing extra - just the unit you have selected -- no help screen whatsoever.

My cities population is in revolt because there is too many citizens. what can I do to reduce population?

My cities population is in revolt because there is too many citizens. what can I do to reduce population?

Hi Centpas. Please put this question in the right forum. You cannot have revolt or too many citizens in Civilization Revolution.

Do you actually get money for selling units? I saw that option and thought it was to delete the unit which is pointless in a game where units have no negative effect on your economy.

Do you actually get money for selling units? I saw that option and thought it was to delete the unit which is pointless in a game where units have no negative effect on your economy.

Yes, you do get money for all your units, except for the free unit (name dropped off my mind right now) you have on galleys and galleons. They took away the option of selling those guys after the 1.20 patch, since people abused it. They built galleys and galleons and then sold the dude and got money back for the unit but still keeping the main benefit from it.

Yes, you do get money for all your units, except for the free unit (name dropped off my mind right now) you have on galleys and galleons. They took away the option of selling those guys after the 1.20 patch, since people abused it. They built galleys and galleons and then sold the dude and got money back for the unit but still keeping the main benefit from it.

It is the militia. However, the problem was only about americans, because 30 hammers normally is 60 gold, then no problem about spending 30 and selling the militia for 5. The problem was that in medieval era with americans you can rush the galley/galleon for 30, then selling it for 35 because you got also a militia.

I have on occassion had my production screwed up by an enemy's army unit or by an enemy's city being too close. The result is the my production tile is lost and it turns to the enemy's color.

What exactly causes the production tile to change color? I have tried to "invade" my enemy's production tiles with my armies and it doesn't seem to work.

I have on occassion had my production screwed up by an enemy's army unit or by an enemy's city being too close. The result is the my production tile is lost and it turns to the enemy's color.

What exactly causes the production tile to change color? I have tried to "invade" my enemy's production tiles with my armies and it doesn't seem to work.

Just a guess but probably the civ with the stronger culture gets dibs?

Top Bottom