Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi,

I d/l your mod and played for a few hours. Now I get a CTD when clicking End Turn. Windows is telling me that msvcp71.dll has caused an error. I've googled for Next War Advanced msvcp71.dll. But seems that no one else is having that problem.
Hope you can help me.

I am using WinXP SP3 (German)
Civ4 + WL + BtS 3.17 (also German, but switched to English via INI file to solve "No Interface" Problem.

Hi,

I d/l your mod and played for a few hours. Now I get a CTD when clicking End Turn. Windows is telling me that msvcp71.dll has caused an error. I've googled for Next War Advanced msvcp71.dll. But seems that no one else is having that problem.
Hope you can help me.

I am using WinXP SP3 (German)
Civ4 + WL + BtS 3.17 (also German, but switched to English via INI file to solve "No Interface" Problem.

OK since this mod does not have a dll, i looked it up and its a Microsoft dll,
here something about it: http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/causes-of-msvcp71dll-errors/

Look here to make sure its there: C:\WINDOWS\system32 \msvcp71.dll

Also you must have Vista? Its says Vista sometimes does not read the dll for some reason with certain program??

Reading more, it might have to do with your original install of Civ4, and the python24.dll
So i'd suggest that you make a back-up just incase, and uninstall Civ4, and then re-install it. Of course this is just my suggestion.

One thing i have noticed is that 79% of the stuff wrong is Vista, or is it just me?? LOL

Wow that was a fast answer:)

First I forgot to tell that Ive loaded autosave and the CTD occurs always at the same point.(Even if I do diffrent things.)

Ive uninstalled BTS and patched directly to 3.17. Also d/l new MSVCP71.DLL from dll-files.com. Replaced the old ones in Windows/System32 and in BTS Directory. vanilla Civ4 does not have this file. Only Warlords and BTS?!

I have WinXP not Vista!

Thanks for the help. I hope it works now.

@strategyonly
tx for telling me about your mod just gave it a try ad looks great! now since I want to do some experiments on it, do you think I can merge your mod with some others, i.e. revolution, BUG, Varietas?? I am asking you it before i do that just to know if it is technically possible so that both you and I don't waste time after that if you tell me I can't do that.

@strategyonly
tx for telling me about your mod just gave it a try ad looks great! now since I want to do some experiments on it, do you think I can merge your mod with some others, i.e. revolution, BUG, Varietas?? I am asking you it before i do that just to know if it is technically possible so that both you and I don't waste time after that if you tell me I can't do that.

Yes you can merge it that why i made it, but dont add Varietas Delectat or Diversica, i have already gotten the units in the game. You'd just be downgrading if you did that, but for all other mods sure.
btw BUG is in there already, see post # 3 for all the merged mods already.

Downloaded and installed with only one hitch, which was my fault anyway (not got the latest patch) and I'm impressed: very. The scope is immense and it is all very well done. Pity you couldn't find someone to do you voiceovers for the new techs, but that is a small issue. It's almost as big a leap as going from CivIII to CivIV in playability - it all seems good, but by crickey it's going to take a few plays to get my head around it all. I would not go quite as far as to say it is CivV, but certainly it is good enough to be the basis of an expansion, as opposed to merely being a mod. This deserves to earn money.:goodjob:

I will take a look at it, but i probably wont add it, i will leave taht up to another person to make the mod from this mod, thats what this is all about, i want it to be just like Diversica and Varietas Delectat used to be. But you never know, maybe like in 6 months or so, all bepends on what people say and want, thats the main driving force here.

Catching up here, I know that post is a bit old ;)

What is wrong with what VD and Diversica are now ? As far as I can tell you are pretty much on the same page as Diversica (except that you went further on techs and resources / civics etc.) while VD is more restrictive (no new techs / resources / etc. at all).

Catching up here, I know that post is a bit old ;)

What is wrong with what VD and Diversica are now ? As far as I can tell you are pretty much on the same page as Diversica (except that you went further on techs and resources / civics etc.) while VD is more restrictive (no new techs / resources / etc. at all).

Your not getting what i am saying, i am saying that in this mod there is no need to ADD, VD or Diversica, i have done my best to include as much as possible from either or the other mod already and then some. :rolleyes:

I am not saying these arent good add-ons for Regular mod(s), but not this one, no need most units are already in there.

You are right i took alot more from Diversica.

I'm impressed: very. The scope is immense and it is all very well done. Pity you couldn't find someone to do you voiceovers for the new techs, but that is a small issue. It's almost as big a leap as going from CivIII to CivIV in playability - it all seems good, but by crickey it's going to take a few plays to get my head around it all. it is good enough to be the basis of an expansion, as opposed to merely being a mod. :goodjob:

Thx alot, alot of the mod was done by Zappra.

Your not getting what i am saying, i am saying that in this mod there is no need to ADD, VD or Diversica, i have done my best to include as much as possible from either or the other mod already and then some.

Ok, your sentence "i want it to be just like Diversica and Varietas Delectat used to be" kinda misled me there then.

Ok, your sentence "i want it to be just like Diversica and Varietas Delectat used to be" kinda misled me there then.

Yeah, dont read into the words so much like alot of people do on CFC, cause none of mine are intended maliciously.

Too bad that problem with MSVCP71.DLL happend again :-(
This time I made it till 1150 AD. But now again it crashes. Don't know what to do now to get it (hm no to "keep") it running.
Any suggestions?

EDIT: Found a Thread about a guy having same problem but with other mod. He says he replaced a corrupt 40 civ dll to fix this problem.

You think this could help me too? What file do I need to replace?

Mace

Edit:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6906950

EDIT: Found a Thread about a guy having same problem but with other mod. He says he replaced a corrupt 40 civ dll to fix this problem.

within the mod dir, the dll would be Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll

This mod does not come with its own dll however, so unless you put one there, you cannot replace one (and unless you put one there, this obviously is not your problem).

No there is no such dll file or any else.

Im really sad and frustrated now. Just uninstalled Civ completely, reinstalled Civ 4 patched directly to 1.74, I skipped WL this time and installed BTS also patched dircetly to 3.17. But that ***** error still occurs. The file is in game dir and windows\system32 so it is NOT missing.

Anyone has an idea, hot to help me?
Is there any mod for WoC that is nearly similare to this one?

I love this mod so much. Really Great Work done:goodjob:.(if it would only run for me)

Too bad that problem with MSVCP71.DLL happend again :-(
This time I made it till 1150 AD. But now again it crashes. Don't know what to do now to get it (hm no to "keep") it running.
Any suggestions?

Mace

Edit:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6906950

Best thing to do then is not play a map over huge that is either provided my this mod, or by Firaxis.

No there is no such dll file or any else.

Im really sad and frustrated now. Just uninstalled Civ completely, reinstalled Civ 4 patched directly to 1.74, I skipped WL this time and installed BTS also patched dircetly to 3.17. But that ***** error still occurs. The file is in game dir and windows\system32 so it is NOT missing.

Anyone has an idea, hot to help me?
Is there any mod for WoC that is nearly similare to this one?

I love this mod so much. Really Great Work done:goodjob:.(if it would only run for me)

Dont know what to say, i have never ran into this problem before, and like the guy said in his thread, its a Windows problem or a Firaxis, not the mod.
And thx for the words of encouragement. And welcome to CFC.

OK call it a vista problem! But I have no vista.

Oh i must have read it wrong, sorry, but its not my mod, sorry. I put as much info in the above post as i could find.

btw for an alternative, i found a new CvPath for those having problems with that, i put it in the FAQ area of this mod after item 15.

I choose Cartaghan and I had persian UBs and they referred to me as persian.

I choose Cartaghan and I had persian UBs and they referred to me as persian.

HUH, you must had have a hic-cup or something in Civ4, i just looked and as you can see, all units look like they are supposed to! Either that or you got a bad download.

I just wanted to report that the game goes OOS during multiplayer when I use a archer unit's barrage ability.

However, it doesn't when the computer uses it (thank god...)

Otherwise, no problems during multiplayer (except friend initially crashes on map load but is able to rejoin during an active game).

Top Bottom