Simple Python Things

I have another question the SpawnCiv.

Is it possible to make it so that the spawn becomes random? As in, there'd only be a 25% chance that the Huns would spawn, for example?

At the moment the selection is completly random, but that can be changed.
Affores has already asked, if it can be restricted by citysize, and that's not the only thing. You could also check for culture, wonders, buildings, happiness, etc.
Off what do you think exactly?

I was thinking of a minimum city size of 10, and a minimum culture of 500 on the Normal speed (750 on Epic, etc.--basically, the 3rd culture upgrade). I don't know if it's necessary to tack on any more conditions (because I want it to shift around a little). For benefits, I am still trying to find my old text file that had a list of benefits. I think it was culture and commerce, and a new city is selected every 4 turns.

Say I wanted a Civ to spawn with significantly less tech than the spawning civ. Is there a way to do that?

In my current implementation you could do this for all civs, and not only for one.
I haven't thought about that option, is sure something to implement later.

I can't give you any advice at the moment, because i'm sitting here in the computer pool of the university, because i don't have internet access at my home (will come in the next month, i hope), so i don't have my files or civ4 here :(.

I have another question the SpawnCiv.

Is it possible to make it so that the spawn becomes random? As in, there'd only be a 25% chance that the Huns would spawn, for example?

Same as above: Can be implemented, is not done at the moment, can't say anything specific, sorry :(.

I was thinking of a minimum city size of 10, and a minimum culture of 500 on the Normal speed (750 on Epic, etc.--basically, the 3rd culture upgrade). I don't know if it's necessary to tack on any more conditions (because I want it to shift around a little). For benefits, I am still trying to find my old text file that had a list of benefits. I think it was culture and commerce, and a new city is selected every 4 turns.

Minimum size of 10 :D? Look at the beginning of page 10.
For culture level...erm...at the same place/after the city size:

PHP:
if pCity.getCultureLevel () ()<gc.getInfoTypeForString("CULTURE_LEVEL_WHATEVER"):continue

CULTURE_LEVEL_WHATEVER: I don't know, how the culture levels are exactly named, please look in your GameInfo\CultureLevelInfo.xml.
The code should work, but i can't test it at the moment.

Minimum size of 10 :D? Look at the beginning of page 10.
For culture level...erm...at the same place/after the city size:

PHP:
if pCity.getCultureLevel () ()<gc.getInfoTypeForString("CULTURE_LEVEL_WHATEVER"):continue

CULTURE_LEVEL_WHATEVER: I don't know, how the culture levels are exactly named, please look in your GameInfo\CultureLevelInfo.xml.
The code should work, but i can't test it at the moment.

Thanks for the help, I should be able to try it next weekend. :)

I've downloaded the Real Always War zip file and was wondering exactly how to implement this modcomp. I've tried various methods of dropping it in the actual assets folder/putting it in the MODS, customassets folder but to no avail. I am hosting a direct IP multiplayer and have tried selecting AIs to be on different teams, but the AIs are still only at war with the human player, not the other AIs. I don't know the first thing about using Python, so if I need other programs to implement these mods, please let me know. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I've downloaded the Real Always War zip file and was wondering exactly how to implement this modcomp. I've tried various methods of dropping it in the actual assets folder/putting it in the MODS, customassets folder but to no avail. I am hosting a direct IP multiplayer and have tried selecting AIs to be on different teams, but the AIs are still only at war with the human player, not the other AIs. I don't know the first thing about using Python, so if I need other programs to implement these mods, please let me know. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I had a look at that mod component and unfortunately I don't think it works entirely as intended, as I too noticed that not all AIs declared war on each other.

Hello again! I know you're busy, but I do have a relatively small request, that maybe you can try later when you have some free time.

Basically, it's just a BtS version of the SettlerReligion Mod, a very old modcomp for Vanilla Civ4 that I really liked. Here's the thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145729&highlight=bhruic+religion

Here is a slightly more complicated version made my Jeckel, which allows a few more options for modders: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4060400#post4060400

What all this hooplah does is that if a settler is built in a city with a religion (or multiple religions), the settler can spread that religion to the new city they found.

I hope this isn't too intense of a request. :)

What all this hooplah does is that if a settler is built in a city with a religion (or multiple religions), the settler can spread that religion to the new city they found.

But isnt that the same thing a missionary/shaman does?:confused:

^No, but here, you don't need the missionary; the settler "brings" a religion with him when he founds the city. He doesn't "add" a religion to a pre-existing city.

I had a look at that mod component and unfortunately I don't think it works entirely as intended, as I too noticed that not all AIs declared war on each other.

Oh, really :(?
PieceOfMind, can you see, why it does not work, is there a mistake in my code?
There are 2 things, which i can think of:
- If the player doesn't use slot 0, it may not work completly. Didn't think of it.
- In AIAutoplay, the human player AI will be able to sigh peace, but that seems to be a bug in AIAutoplay.

Hello again! I know you're busy, but I do have a relatively small request, that maybe you can try later when you have some free time.

[...]

No problem, i'll also set this onto my to do list, it should not be too complicated, i hope :). But don't expect it in the next time. I still haven't really completly organized my RL. Not only my fault, this f****** university has a really bad organization.

No problem, i'll also set this onto my to do list, it should not be too complicated, i hope :). But don't expect it in the next time. I still haven't really completly organized my RL. Not only my fault, this f****** university has a really bad organization.

They clearly don't have the organized trait :p

No problem, i'll also set this onto my to do list, it should not be too complicated, i hope . But don't expect it in the next time. I still haven't really completly organized my RL. Not only my fault, this f****** university has a really bad organization.

Thanks! I remember I actually have some other minor add-ons/improvements to the original that I wanted to request, but I apparently somehow just forgot them, so I'll bother you about it some other time. :D

Basically, it's just a BtS version of the SettlerReligion Mod, a very old modcomp for Vanilla Civ4 that I really liked. Here's the thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145729&highlight=bhruic+religion

Here is a slightly more complicated version made my Jeckel, which allows a few more options for modders: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4060400#post4060400

I second that and when you make it, I will reques Afforess to add that feature to his modmodpack :D. That will mesh well into RoM's aim to be historically realistic.

Thanks for the replies. Any idea on if the "Real Always War" mod was meant to work for Multiplayer > Direct IP > (2 Human players as a team, and 2 pairs of AI teams). Do both of them need to have the mod installed? If so, where exactly do the files/folders need to go, in the customassets? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm trying to give you a clearer understanding of what I'm doing in order to identify any possible mistakes from my end. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Any idea on if the "Real Always War" mod was meant to work for Multiplayer > Direct IP > (2 Human players as a team, and 2 pairs of AI teams). Do both of them need to have the mod installed? If so, where exactly do the files/folders need to go, in the customassets? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm trying to give you a clearer understanding of what I'm doing in order to identify any possible mistakes from my end. Thanks!

Both players would need to install it as a mod, and the identical same mod. Custom assets are not loaded in multiplayer games so mod is the only way to go.

It should work fine in MP.

The_J, I think I was wrong before. The Real Always war does seem to be working properly.
However, I think when I checked through the code there were one or two things you might have overlooked, like how the AI-AI war weariness will be affected and so forth. Because the always war option used to not affect this, it's possible there was no reference to the always war option there. If you search for places where the permanent war or peace option is used, that would find those instances I think.

The_J,

This is what I think Real Always War should be like. There's a couple of SDK changes which you'll see if you do a compare with the 3.19 original source or search for PieceOfMind.

I'm not 100% if some of the SDK changes are necessary but IMO for a finished Always War mod everything has to be taken into account regarding diplomacy and war weariness etc.

What happens if someone creates a colony? Things like that... I think your mod only fires on game start, right?

EDIT... There's something wrong with my mod at the moment anyway. I haven't had time yet to look through it but the human player is not auto declaring on AIs.

Hi, The_J
Have you any idea for council minimod, please?

What do you mean exactly?
I had some time troubles, i will hopefully be able to do it this weekend, but not sure atm :(.

Like PieceOfMind said, both need the files, and they do not have to go into the custom Assets, they have to be placed in the normal mod folders, then it should work.
With my current implementation, the second player will notice some weird effects.
Maybe you should directly try the version from PieceOfMind.

However, I think when I checked through the code there were one or two things you might have overlooked, like how the AI-AI war weariness will be affected and so forth. Because the always war option used to not affect this, it's possible there was no reference to the always war option there.

Sorry, what :confused:?

The_J,

This is what I think Real Always War should be like. There's a couple of SDK changes which you'll see if you do a compare with the 3.19 original source or search for PieceOfMind.

I'm not 100% if some of the SDK changes are necessary but IMO for a finished Always War mod everything has to be taken into account regarding diplomacy and war weariness etc.

:goodjob:
Not sure, when i'll have the time to look in it :(.

What happens if someone creates a colony? Things like that... I think your mod only fires on game start, right?

Yes, right, didn't think of that.
:think: and i have no real idea, how this also could be checked...besides checking every turn the number of players.

EDIT... There's something wrong with my mod at the moment anyway. I haven't had time yet to look through it but the human player is not auto declaring on AIs.

I guess, you didn't use the normal always war game option, which is responsible for this.

Tried PoM's version but when trying to load the mod, the game closes and never loads the mod. Is this what you experienced too? Thanks again for the quick replies and support. :)

Top Bottom