Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just famous explorers, and isn't tied to the civ. Hawai'iloa is Hawaiian.
Ah ok thanks. I thought that the names were related to their nations..

I should see if I can doing anything about this when I get a chance.

Thanks :D Reports of no crashes are ten times more motivating than reports of crashes :p
Oh I hope we will see a working map script soon, but honestly I do not miss them too much.. Btw. your welcome, I thought it would be a nice relief of getting only bug reports :)

I'm confused by all the people who don't like attrition. Wasn't a major point of the mod supposed to limit early game exploration?

As a hypothesis, it worked. As a theory, the execution was a bit much, I guess.

I was wondering if the naming of the scout is correct. I mean it doesn't sound like a greece name..
View attachment 390741

They're named just as other Great People; so it pulls from a list of shared names. It'd be nice to tie them to CulDiv's groups, but not easy.

I also liked attrition. All of my problems with it have been it not working as intended.

I inhaled deeply after marching a knight into a jungle the other day, attrition has had a lasting effect on me.

As a hypothesis, it worked. As a theory, the execution was a bit much, I guess.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I like the design as I've seen it.

And why do you need it? :p I thought I made myself clear that I love this component, just needs tweaks. :p

You know I like to exaggerate your disapproval of things, for so rare it is :p

Attrition update just waiting on the good graces of Lord Gazebo.

Lord of the Admiralty Gazebo?

I'd like to go on record saying that I like the disbanding attrition effects. It makes the units feel brave to enter into dangerous territory, which gives them flavor, and makes exploration feel dangerous, not just slow. I like it. I think I'd like an alert when a unit is about to enter into a region into which they could be lost, though, so that I don't go "dangit, why is that forest evil and not this forest!"

My cities keep demanding Lotus, which isn't even a tradeble resource and they don't recognize when I do have a source of Lotus.

Yeah, some sort of...denotation that the tile you're about to enter is something you can't safely go into with the current tech - maybe an orange outline if it will give attrition, or a red outline if it'll eat your unit. Maybe adjusting pathfinding around dangerous areas too, but I don't know what voodoo powers those algorithms. ...I wonder how the AI handles it as well.

These are the Logs JFD and I hope they help show what the problems are. Thank you for taking a look for me :)

Attachments

• Costantino Logs Lua.zip
    26 KB · Views: 27
My cities keep demanding Lotus, which isn't even a tradeble resource and they don't recognize when I do have a source of Lotus.
Lotus don't have an imrovement so its impossible to add to civ as luxury (or any other kind of) resource.
Maybe JFD decided not to add Fishing Boat as improvement cuz its strange, but there is no other buildable on water kind os improvements. Other then Offshore Platform.
Or its because to improve it using fighing boat you need a workboat on lake tile so it is possible only if you settle city right near lake to make naval unit.

These are the Logs JFD and I hope they help show what the problems are. Thank you for taking a look for me :)

Thanks. There are quite a few errors related to Khazaria, which I'll have fixed. You also don't need Ressource - Mint Include Copper (v 2) if you're using ExCE, which adds Copper to the Mint (although I think it's disabled atm, so just keep that in mind for now). Any slowdowns in turn times you're experiencing is from ExCE - I'm just waiting on the next CP update before I can update ExCE to remove them. Can you give any more details about the issue you're having? Did your game crash? Can you reload it?

Maybe Penicillin should do so - sort of a substitute for Quinine?

I meant more that there were no techs to change the rate of attrition, like Gyra Solune was suggesting. After Satellites, Jungle attrition (which is getting lost, rather than sick or anything) is obsoleted and all units gain the Jungle Immunity promotion, so there would be no need for any other type of indication.

Thanks. There are quite a few errors related to Khazaria, which I'll have fixed. You also don't need Ressource - Mint Include Copper (v 2) if you're using ExCE, which adds Copper to the Mint (although I think it's disabled atm, so just keep that in mind for now). Any slowdowns in turn times you're experiencing is from ExCE - I'm just waiting on the next CP update before I can update ExCE to remove them. Can you give any more details about the issue you're having? Did your game crash? Can you reload it?

Really the only issue that happens is that it crashes after a set amount of turns and I generally can not reload a save game after the game has been running with mods for awhile. That isnt an issue though, just the crash. Ill remove the copper mod right now and just wait for the future updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom