Need help installing mods sans Steam?

Toussj

Chieftain
So I'm trying to install mods without Steam, nothing fancy just basic RED etc. I've read that I gotta look in My Documents, go to My Games, and find the Civ folder. However, my computer does not seem to have a My Documents? I tried putting them in app data, but then I needed to make my own MODS folder, which the game doesn't seem to recognise? Anyone else had this issue? I'm running Windows 7, though I'm not sure if it's Ultimate or not. Please help.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

So I'm trying to install mods without Steam, nothing fancy just basic RED etc. I've read that I gotta look in My Documents, go to My Games, and find the Civ folder. However, my computer does not seem to have a My Documents? I tried putting them in app data, but then I needed to make my own MODS folder, which the game doesn't seem to recognise? Anyone else had this issue? I'm running Windows 7, though I'm not sure if it's Ultimate or not. Please help.

Well on Win 7 you hit the Start button (that round coloured windows thing on the far left), which brings a list. Top most should be Documents. Click that and another list appears with `my games` in the list. Click that and some games should show up including Sid Meier`s civilization 5.

It should be there. make sure you have all your folders as seeable as Win7 sometimes hides folders.

A little workaround. Your CivV directory should contain-at least mine does-shortcuts to your Logs and Saves folders. Those are all subfolders of a folder which also contains MODS folder.

Top Bottom