MOO2Civ custom music/Musical credits

Agent327

Observer
First off: I do not condone, approve of or wish to promote piracy.

Now, with MOO2Civ 5.0 I've again included some custom music, which can be unlocked as per the instructions on the Download Page. The current musical selection includes:

Brian Eno:

- This (from: Another Day On Earth)
- Marine Radio (from: Spinner)
- Spinner (from: Spinner)
- Like Pictures Pt. 1 (from: Drawn From Life)

Brian Eno/Laurie Anderson:

- Like Pictures Pt. 2 (from: Drawn From Life)

Brian Eno/David Byrne

- Mea Culpa
- Come With Us
- Mountain Of Needles

(from: My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts)

Olivier Hijmans (a friend of mine, who is a composer of electronic music):

- Echo's van angst*
- Mijn stem*

György Ligeti: Articulation

Sergei Prokofiev: Dance Of The Knights (from: Romeo and Juliet)

Igor Stravinsky: Naissance d'Apollon (from: Apollon musagète)

- the original FF intro music sample

- a sample from Children Of Dune

All of these musical sample are copyrighted and my use of them is intended for private use only.

Brian Eno's website is here: http://music.hyperreal.org/artists/brian_eno/

Olivier Hijmans' website is here: http://home.tiscali.nl/sonicentity/welcome.html

* Compositions used by kind permission.

Have you see orlanths 2071 Colonization mod for civcol? He has a pretty nice techno soundtrack in it. While I like yours, some of the Brian Eno stuff is a bit to forthright to serve as background music. If you have any tracks on youtube or such you would like, if you give me the link I can rip them for you.

Haven't seen (or heard) it: I don't have Colonization. Also, I prefer Ambient to Techno, especially as soundtrack. In hindsight I'm not sure why I included "This" in the soundtrack and actually I'd like to include some actual MoO II music for the next version. I appreciate the offer, BTW. ;)

I've found my old MOO2 cd and converted music files from it:

All of them are by Laura Barratt.

1) Space ambient music from MOO2:
3 tracks from Galaxy Screen, good for space ambience.

2) Racial themes for diplomacy:
1 track for each race (except for Antarans, look in the "3" pack).

3) MOO2 other music:
All remaining soundtracks + Antaran racial theme, I forgot to include it in the previous pack.
- "MOO2 - Hostile Ambassador 1.mp3, MOO2 - Hostile Ambassador 2.mp3, MOO2 - Hostile Ambassador 3.mp3" - gloomy themes, maybe you will include them in the ambience
- "MOO2 - Science Theme.mp3" - quite short (14 sec), good for "tech discovered" sound
- "MOO2 - GNN News.mp3" - theme from "news". May be useful when we implement news events.
- "MOO2 - Battle Theme 1.mp3", "MOO2 - Battle Theme 2.mp3", "MOO2 - Battle Theme 3.mp3" - dark and action-filled tracks, good for space ambience too.
- "MOO2 - Ground Combat Theme.mp3" - 40 sec of glorious music, may be better than real Mrrshan track (because it's too peaceful IMO :))
- "MOO2 - Ship Design Theme.mp3" - nice theme, may be useful when we make a "ship design" screen.
- "MOO2 - Galactic Council.mp3" - not sure about this one, probably when we make a council screen with selectable propositions.
- "MOO2 Races - Antaran.mp3" - the antaran racial which should've been in the 2nd pack.

Enjoy ;).

I meant ambient, he has more of the ambient brian eno stuff, very little talking. You don't have to have col to dl the soundtrack.
EDIT: I'll also be using the MoO2 music, with your permission Deon.

Thanks, the music actualy reminds me alot of the music in the anime series Last Exile.
EDIT: Also, I'm ripping the tracks from the electronic rescore of metropolis (Fritz Lang), would you want them? They're pretty good.

Don't know if I'll use them myself, but yes I'm interested. (Metropolis is a very impressive movie, considering when Lang made it.) ;)

Agreed, if only movies now had a vision like that. I remember that when Metropolis was sent to america, the distributor forced it to become a frankenstien movie, something it is not.

It was marketed as a Frankenstien-esque film because the distributor felt the german version was too controversial so he recut the entire movie to fit the Frankenstien plot with new intercards. End result: the movie was a horrid mishmashed mess with oddities such as when Rotwang is freaking out when introducing the robot to Fredersen and believing it is Hel; the american version turned it into Rotwang is telling Fredersen the robot will free the workers. Yeah.
In addition, the german version was too long for american theater at the time, so they had to shorten it up.

It was marketed as a Frankenstien-esque film because the distributor felt the german version was too controversial so he recut the entire movie to fit the Frankenstien plot with new intercards. End result: the movie was a horrid mishmashed mess with oddities such as when Rotwang is freaking out when introducing the robot to Fredersen and believing it is Hel; the american version turned it into Rotwang is telling Fredersen the robot will free the workers. Yeah.
In addition, the german version was too long for american theater at the time, so they had to shorten it up.

Well, I think I have to find a german version then. When I was a kid this film impressed me with its surrealism, but I couldn't figure out why the plot is that weird.

I have ripped the tracks. I'll upload it with my mod either today or tomorrow.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

Top Bottom