GiantGuineaPig's 2nd Pitboss game!

Sorry guys 1 more week till I'm back home, then if there are any issues they should be resolved pretty quickly.

GiantGuineaPig said:
Sorry guys 1 more week till I'm back home, then if there are any issues they should be resolved pretty quickly.

Strange I haven't received an email notification for this turn and CivStats is reporting problems connecting. However, I've just played my turn with no problems. Thought I'd post just to let everyone know they can play their turn and the server isn't down.

Also, GiantGuineaPig - you may not have a Civilisation to come back to in a week's time, Our aggressive neighbour GenSeed has attacked you and already taken one city (Sorry GenSeed :rolleyes: )

Yeah sorry dude, I thought you'd pretty much just given up on this game. And Drib went and took away India, who I'd been wanting to attack since the start of the game. So you were the easiest on my border, and on the water... so I took you on. I can hold off all attacks until you get home if you want, but I don't think you'll have all that much chance anyway.

A question regarding the victory conditions in this game:confused: . There are some "unofficial" alliances between some players and I was wondering how the victory will be determined. Are permanent in-game alliances and team victories possible? Or is there only one player that can win this game?

Well if you look at Civstats, you'll see in the Options section that Perm Alliances is not turned off. In that case when you guys reach that stage in the game (I forget which Tech allows it), then those players can form the in-game Perm Alliance. I believe then their scores become linked in some form when it comes to determining the victory at the end.

But in Civstats some games specifically state in the options section "Permanent Alliances". In this game this is not stated. So I interpret that Permanent Alliances are set off by default and are not possible in this game. Is this the fact?

Well you should be able to check by looking at the settings of the game itself next time you log in (since i"m eliminated, I can't check :)). If there is nothing displayed about it, then it's set at the default setting. Then just go to a new game setup, and check what the default would be. That'll get you your answer.

There's no mention of Permanent Alliances in the game settings (just logged in to check), and on a new (single player) game they have to be turned on (the default is off), so I assume they can't be made in this game (unless, of course, multiplayer is different). The icon is still there on the Facism tech in the Science advisor tree though...

On another note, the CivStats page shows the wrong settings anyway - it says the speed is Normal (it's actually Quick) and the Map Type is Continents when it's Fantasy. Probably the others settings could be wrong too. It showed this before it got disconnected from the game (which is really strange, because everyone seems to be able to get in themselves ok - it just means there are no alerts).

Is PBM still playing this game? I've been trying to finish a negotiation that we were in the middle of, and he hasn't responded for quite some time. Civstats also shows no recent log-ins for him, but that might just mean he logged in while the loader was disconnected...

Anyone know for sure?

Yeah, PMB has just got back. Hrrrmm negotiations huh... I think I better watch my back! :p

Sorry everyone, but my professional life does is not giving me enough free time to play these dyas. I have to quit this game, because of it.

I'll start looking for a replacement. If any of you know someone who may be interested in replacing me, please let me know.

Just a note to say, I've just logged in and played my turn, although CivStats again thinks there's no connection and I haven't received any email notification.

However, the game seems to be running fine but I noticed nobody else has played their turn yet.:eek:

Cheers DribNairb. What's the latest estimate for your cultural victory anyway? So we can, you know, celebrate We Love DribNairb Day...

Kuningas said:
Could someone backstab Wing Wah? While he is busy on my side.

Well Greece is about gone next turn. You guys suck at teh backstab :mischief:

Hmm latest estimate is about 2 turns after your Domination victory:lol:

If anyone has some Great Artists for sale I'm willing to pay handsomly for them, but so far nobody is taking the bait. But if you'd like to organise a celebration of "we love DribNairb" that's fine with me:king:

Top Bottom