New Features & Fixes

"Oh noes! Two AIs have just declared war on me while I was busy stomping my neighbor on the other side of my territory! How will I ever defend against their huge stacks? If only I had had some advanced warning!"

Yes, it can be tedious checking all the AIs for their WHEOOH status (a.k.a. war mobilization). Sure, the BUG Military Advisor shows them all in one place, but who remembers to hit F5 every turn? Now you don't have to . . .

We Have Enough on Our Hands

The two orange fists are telling you that a) Hannibal has his hands full fighting you and b) Ragnar is either about to :backstab: you or he's gonna dobpile Hannibal.

[ Lucky for me it's the former, as his invasion fleet had already arrived at the completely undefended opposite end of my empire before I added this feature. Too bad for him that Hannibal will be gone by the time it arrives at the other end. Too bad for me if he decides that I'll make a good second choice. ]

I have finally added two dropdown lists so you can select the way in which units are grouped on the Military Advisor's Deployment tab.
only thing I have to say is 'drool':hatsoff:

I've added buttons for each of the first letters of items in the Sevopedia Index. Clicking S, for example, scrolls the index so that "- S -" is at the top and you see the entries that start with S below it.

The Advanced Scoreboard now has an option to group each team's vassals under the team's members. When it's turned on, vassal's names have a hyphen in front to indent them below their master(s). I also added a column that puts a silver star next to any player that has at least one vassal (add V to your Display Order option).

Grouped Vassals and Master Stars

While adding this functionality I extended the column spacing capabilities slightly. You can now use negative spacing to move two columns closer together and even overlap them if you wish. This is handy for some of the icon columns that have built-in extra spacing around the icon in the font itself.

I also removed the spaces that were being added to the score and name from before the column spacing was implemented. You may want to adjust your column spacing now.

I added a tiny option to show the net food difference (produced minus eaten) added to / subtracted from the city's stockpile each turn. When the stockpile is shrinking, the number of turns until the city shrinks is displayed. Only when the city will actually shrink this turn does it show "STARVATION!"

The image also demonstrates Ruff's Tick Marks feature which shows future food storage and production levels.

Not much of a feature, but the scoreboard now has a Player ID number option ("I") because during my last round of debugging I just really, really wanted one. :p It's not in the default layout because I'm not sure that anyone else will ever want to see it, but it's listed in the help hover text (so it needs translation.) Here's an in-game sample; it's the team-colored number between the score delta & the leadername:

I have added a few small features to the Advanced Scoreboard:

Player Rank

Use the new column code "K" to display each player's rank based on their score (1, 2, ...). This is useful when grouping vassals under their masters. It's yellow by default, and you can change it by setting a value for "Rank Color" in the INI file (e.g. COLOR_RED). It must be one of the colors in the standard color dropdown list. The column is not visible by default.

Max Players

For those of you that play with a lot of players, this setting lets you limit the number of players displayed in the scoreboard. Only the top X players are shown as if you chopped off the bottom of the scoreboard. Thus a last place player who is a vassal of the first place player would still show in the second player slot when grouping vassals.

Line Height and Research Icon Size

I added these so you can squish the lines together to get more players to fit on-screen at once. I found 18 for height and 20 for icon size to work pretty well without overlapping using the default game font.

A couple months back, Del69 took some of the ideas in the Strategy Layer thread, originally proposed by Eunomiac some time ago, and built an in-game dot-mapping tool. I think it's about time I posted about this awesome feature!

It is available in the latest SVN repository.

• CTRL + X: Hide/show the dot-map
  • ALT + X: Enter edit mode (showing the dot-map if it's hidden):
    • Left-click color: Set the color to use for new dots
    • Left-click plot: Place a dot and BFC outline using the selected color, replacing any existing dot on the same plot
    • Right-click dot: Remove the dot and BFC
    • ALT + X or Right-click empty plot: Exit edit mode (hiding the dot-map if it was hidden before)
The General tab of the BUG Options screen has sliders to change the brightness of the dots and BFC outlines as well as a few other settings.

Awful, really awful, utterly stupid!!

Who would place that yellow city, one spot off the coast!

;)

Great feature. Yesterday, I started playing civ again after some time off and redownloaded the BUG Mod with this great new feature (and lots of others which were new to me since my last version of this mod). Great work.

I just got BUG working with the unofficial patch. I am not a programmer so not sure if I want to go through that again.
I really really like this dot map feature. Is there a simple way to copy a file or two to my BUG 3.5.1 unofficial patch set up to take advantage of this.

Regards

Actually, merging BUG with the Unofficial Patch is pretty simple. I suspect you did more work than you needed to. BUG includes all of the Python changes in the UP, so you don't need the UP ones. To merge UP and BUG:

• Install BUG to CustomAssets (1) or as a mod (2)
  • Copy UP XML files to CustomAssets folder (1) or BUG's Assets folder (2)
  • Renamed Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll in the game's install folder by adding ".old" after ".dll"
  • Copy the UP CvGameCoreDLL.dll file where you just renamed the other one
Done!

Actually, merging BUG with the Unofficial Patch is pretty simple. I suspect you did more work than you needed to. BUG includes all of the Python changes in the UP, so you don't need the UP ones. To merge UP and BUG:

• Install BUG to CustomAssets (1) or as a mod (2)
  • Copy UP XML files to CustomAssets folder (1) or BUG's Assets folder (2)
  • Renamed Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll in the game's install folder by adding ".old" after ".dll"
  • Copy the UP CvGameCoreDLL.dll file where you just renamed the other one
Done!
Ok I'll give it a go. That dot map feature really looks worth it :)

EDIT:
First attempt didn't work. Mod loaded fine but when tested a game
got some message like bug init could not load mod init or something like that.
I will try again sometime.
Trying to load as Mod step 2 in the above instructions.
I don't change the game .dll as i play botm. Instead put the .dll from UP into the Assets folder of the mod
This worked fine for 3.5.1.

If you run BUG or BAT as a MOD and install the unofficial patch (I am using the Dresden 0.21 version) into the BTS Assets folder so it will alway run, this should work right? I hope so. I run BAT as a mod and pick up the UP changes because BUG/BAT doesn't change this data...Is this a correct way to use both?

First attempt didn't work. Mod loaded fine but when tested a game
got some message like bug init could not load mod init or something like that.

When installing BUG to a folder other than "BUG Mod 1.1", you must follow the instructions the file "BUG Mod/CvModFolder.py". The file will be with the help files.

If you run BUG or BAT as a MOD and install the unofficial patch (I am using the Dresden 0.21 version) into the BTS Assets folder so it will alway run, this should work right?

Yes. The DLL in Civ's install Assets folder will be used for any mod that doesn't have its own DLL. Neither BUG nor BAT have their own DLL, so you're covered.

Great that I stumbled upon this feature while browsing the Strategy board. I update regularly, but never check what's being changed. Sometimes I see it, sometimes its not so obvious:)

When installing BUG to a folder other than "BUG Mod 1.1", you must follow the instructions the file "BUG Mod/CvModFolder.py". The file will be with the help files.

:goodjob: that worked

I just grabbed the latest revision off the SVN and I have to say that I absolutely love the new dot-mapping feature! It will help my bad city placement skills tremendously :)

Keep up the great work.

Top Bottom